**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Looking for clarification on upcoming 1 Gold booster (for those who bought the $20 pass)

GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
This morning I bought the $20 resort plus pass. I did not plan on missing any days, but the idea of having a safety net appealed to me, and the 700 6 star shards offered a nice bonus if I made the days. Now that there will be grace days available for everyone (and kudos to Kabam for that kind of a pro-player move) will the extra bonus days for the $20 pass now come out to 1,400 6 star shards?

I know that there will be contrasting and conflicting opinions on how all of this came about, and since there is a thread already made for that, I'm just looking to gain understanding on how the new change will affect those who bought the pass. Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Why are we forced to price 5 dollars at 700 shards when others are pricing it at 1 gold? How is this balanced?

Trying to look at this from an objective perspective: other than an additional 7 days of 6* shards, what is the difference between those who spent the extra money for the buffer with the resort plus pass and those who will get the same buffer eriod for 1 gold? I'm sure for some 700 6* shards isn't worth the additional actual money spent, so I wonder what makes this justifiable to Kabaam, as they essentially changed the value of a product after many had already purchased that product. Honestly curious as to what people see as the value, and if you feel it's worth it.

There is no possible justification, Free players and resort buyers are getting 700 shards for 1g while the people who bought the resort PLUS are getting 700 shards for 5 dollars
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

Trying to look at this from an objective perspective: other than an additional 7 days of 6* shards, what is the difference between those who spent the extra money for the buffer with the resort plus pass and those who will get the same buffer eriod for 1 gold? I'm sure for some 700 6* shards isn't worth the additional actual money spent, so I wonder what makes this justifiable to Kabaam, as they essentially changed the value of a product after many had already purchased that product. Honestly curious as to what people see as the value, and if you feel it's worth it.

Most likely it's because this makes the most sense and easiest thing to do. This is probably the best possible solution since the notification is bugged. It's a $5 value over all. It's nothing any of should be that worried about. Even people who bought the $20 pass can still get extra.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Those who got the pass will get the extra days as shards, those who didn;t, will just have 7 extra days in case of missing some. The pass' value increased, the ftp players got less anxious. Win win.
    DNA3000 said:

Saying they changed the value of the product is not an objective perspective, it is a subjective perspective. Objectively speaking, they did not change the value of the product. The product granted seven milestone points for five bucks (USD). It did before, it does now.

It is a subjective perspective to say that the value changed, because that's based on the subjective perspective of someone who wanted the additional milestone points more before, and less now.
    The economy of the game and balance has always been an argument and a shield that they used explain some stuff the players always argued.
    Explain to me the balance between 7 days for people that screwed up who will at the end get a few shards depending on how many days they screwed up, and a chance to get 700 shards for 5 dollars...
    1 gold = 7 extra days = 700 shards
    5 dollars = 7 more extra days = 700 shards...
    Something is not right
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Saying they changed the value of the product is not an objective perspective, it is a subjective perspective. Objectively speaking, they did not change the value of the product. The product granted seven milestone points for five bucks (USD). It did before, it does now.

It is a subjective perspective to say that the value changed, because that's based on the subjective perspective of someone who wanted the additional milestone points more before, and less now.
    I don't like to disagree with you, but it has changed the value. Originally, the only way to gain access to the additional objectives, and grace days was via the resort plus.
    People have gone out and brought the resort plus specifically because they believed they'll miss out on the additional 500/1000 unit milestone, are now finding they didn't have to.

There's a large difference in value, between buying to ensure you gain the last 500 unit milestones, and an extra 600 6* shards (presuming 1 missed day)

Personally, I would have gone for the $15 deal and not the $20 deal if this was announced earlier, a 7 day advantage, and additional few 6* shards isn't worth it in my eyes. The grace days if I messed up, were worth it, but I don't need 14 days worth. To see the grace days now being offered up for ingame currency after paying RL currency, after it was implied that was the only way to access it, is a bit of kick in the teeth after investing.
    I don't disagree, but that is a subjective perspective. It is a subjective opinion whether the extra milestones are worth the shards in the bonus shard event or not. It is a subjective opinion whether the extra grace period is worth spending cash to get or not. You can't prove it is or is not worth it, because those are subjective valuations.

If you believe the cost is worth the shards, the value hasn't changed at all. If you don't believe the cost is worth the shards, the value has changed. This makes the question of whether the value changed or not a subjective judgment.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Not buying it. 5$ is objectively more expensive than 1 gold.

This is true, but would only be relevant if the game was offering one gold for $5. In which case I would recommend not buying that offer.

The one gold thing is only even there because of game engine limitations. Had the game just automatically credited everyone with seven more milestone points, or alternatively compressed the event into 91 milestones, what would you be comparing the $5 USD to?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

This is true, but would only be relevant if the game was offering one gold for $5. In which case I would recommend not buying that offer.

The one gold thing is only even there because of game engine limitations. Had the game just automatically credited everyone with seven more milestone points, or alternatively compressed the event into 91 milestones, what would you be comparing the $5 USD to?
    We’ll call it free to ignore the game engine limitations you’re using to play semantics. Read my statement as 5$ is more expensive than free.

The plus pass was sold as something of value only available for that price which was immediately undermined and made free.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have added grace days. I actually think it’s pretty cool; in the future players just need to point certain f2p complaints to the day Kabam sold people a benefit for 5$ then within a week gave everyone that for free.
    But they also intend to sell that booster as a benefit for $5 every week. Just like when they give the Sigil for a week to all players, the $10 value of the sigil doesn't become $7.50 just because everyone else got it for one week.
    ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

We’ll call it free to ignore the game engine limitations you’re using to play semantics. Read my statement as 5$ is more expensive than free.

The plus pass was sold as something of value only available for that price which was immediately undermined and made free.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have added grace days. I actually think it’s pretty cool; in the future players just need to point certain f2p complaints to the day Kabam sold people a benefit for 5$ then within a week gave everyone that for free.
    But they also intend to sell that booster as a benefit for $5 every week. Just like when they give the Sigil for a week to all players, the $10 value of the sigil doesn't become $7.50 just because everyone else got it for one week.
    I did not intend to buy 14 days of grace period, if thats was the case it is up to ME to do it in the future, not Kabams.

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

Grasping at straws? My sigil doesn’t decrease in value becuase Kabam gave me x days extra, it’s not relative to other players.

Kabam sold something exclusive to 5$ then turned around and devalued that by giving it away for free. Had Kabam said that they would give that 5$ benefit for free many players would have not spent that 5$. They don’t even need to look far in the past to see that many payers/players don’t value 3000 6* shards for 5$ let alone 700 for 5$. But it isn’t just about the 6 star shards because people paid for all the benefits as well.

Personally for me it saves me 5$ because the only way I would have bought the 20$ offer was if I missed a day or more so now I’m left with only do I buy the 15$ offer because the 20$ has no value.
    That's not grasping at straws at all. They've now added 7 additional grace days to your purchase. Or another 700 shards depending if you choose to take time away. They haven't subtracting anything from your purchase.

They sold the $20 package and also said that they would be selling that 7 day booster starting from the 14th, which is now the one that is only going to be 1 gold for that week, and that would be available to everyone, it was never "exclusive". That extra 5 bucks has always had the value of 7 milestones.

Also anyone who doesn't value 3000 6* for $5 is nuts. I don't know any paying player that would look at that offer and say "That's a terrible deal!".

At the end of it, yours and others subjective opinions on the value does not objectively change the value of what was being sold.

DNA and Damien are really good at offering subjective opinions decrying the objective fact that Kabam sold the plus pass exclusive to 5$ then turned around and gave it away for free.

Both of your values of the pass are subjective. Objectively Kabam offered something exclusive for cash then turned around and gave it way which objectively devalued the purchase for those who bought it, or more specifically only intended to purchase it for a one time benefit.

My "subjective opinion" is backed up with objective fact.

The 7 day booster isn't exclusive. The 7 day booster is worth a Peter Parkers Wallet which is $5.
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

DNA and Damien are really good at offering subjective opinions decrying the objective fact that Kabam sold the plus pass exclusive to 5$ then turned around and gave it away for free.

Both of your values of the pass are subjective. Objectively Kabam offered something exclusive for cash then turned around and gave it way which objectively devalued the purchase for those who bought it, or more specifically only intended to purchase it for a one time benefit.

The 7 day booster isn't exclusive. The 7 day booster is worth a Peter Parkers Wallet which is $5.
    @Kabam Boo so what happens to us who bought the Resort Plus package and we no longer want the benefit since we can get it for 1 gold.
    I dont want a grace period of 14 days or the chances to HAVE TO DO the 7 extra objectives again for 700 shards.
    ItsDamien said:

@Kabam Boo So what happens to the people who bought the Plus package and dont want 14 days of grace period. I dont want 14 days or have to do 7 extra objectives for 700 extra shards.
    I am ok with getting just 7 days for 1 gold but not an extra 7 days for 5 dollars
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

You’ve shown your opinion to be objectively wrong. They never said there was an avenue to forego the cash expense and obtain one for free.