Seatin state of the game opinion

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Siliyo said:

Hey everybody,

First I want to thank Seatin for making a very well-rounded video covering his opinions on the game. Personally, I feel that he made some good points, and I immediately shared this video (as I do with much of the posts and contents that you all make) with the greater team. To be objective, I agree with a lot of what was said, and as hard as it is to hear about the ways in which we're not necessarily hitting the mark, it's necessary.

But this isn't exclusive to this video. We get a lot of feedback, and while we don't always have the time to reply or new information to share, we're still here listening and reading. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way, because feedback can take longer than you'd hope to be actioned on due to development timelines and cycles, and a global pandemic that has not made things easier over time... it doesn't mean that you aren't doing it.

Everybody is allowed to have their own feelings and thoughts, and we want to make sure that everybody is free to share them, so please remember to keep things civil in these threads and to respect each other's opinions. As a public forum, disagreements will arise, but we ask that you handle them with civility and not attack each other. Feel free to tell each other why you feel a certain way, but keep it constructive and civil.

Can you expound upon why the devs not hitting the mark is “necessary”?
    At first I thought this was a joke, but now I'm not sure.

Kabam Miike is saying that even though it is hard to hear feedback that says they are not hitting the mark, it is necessary to get that feedback.

He's not saying that even though it is hard to hear feedback that says they are not hitting the mark, they are going to keep not hitting the mark because not hitting the mark is necessary.

Constructive feedback is always useful and we should deliver it to the devs whether we think they want to hear it or not, and even whether we think it is being heard or not. It is all the counterproductive static surrounding it that needs to dial way back.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Member Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

There's probably more that you want to hear about on this, and I'll be reading, but won't have anything more to say tonight. It's been a long day and I need to log off or my head might explode. Rest assured, this feedback and much of what else has come our way is being shared with the team.

Thank you for responding

Also my head is going to explode because of a headache... not the feedback or anything.

Good catch.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

There's probably more that you want to hear about on this, and I'll be reading, but won't have anything more to say tonight. It's been a long day and I need to log off or my head might explode. Rest assured, this feedback and much of what else has come our way is being shared with the team.

Get some rest Miike. Thanks for the acknowledgment.
    So funny when people interact with themselves lol! Keep up the good work ;)
    I can assure you, we are not the same person.
    Kabam Miike says exactly the same thing.

... wait...
    Just because we both live in Canada doesn't mean we share the same toque, eh? LOL.

For real though, I'm central and he's west coast.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,458 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Siliyo said:

Hey everybody,

First I want to thank Seatin for making a very well-rounded video covering his opinions on the game. Personally, I feel that he made some good points, and I immediately shared this video (as I do with much of the posts and contents that you all make) with the greater team. To be objective, I agree with a lot of what was said, and as hard as it is to hear about the ways in which we're not necessarily hitting the mark, it's necessary.

But this isn't exclusive to this video. We get a lot of feedback, and while we don't always have the time to reply or new information to share, we're still here listening and reading. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way, because feedback can take longer than you'd hope to be actioned on due to development timelines and cycles, and a global pandemic that has not made things easier over time... it doesn't mean that you aren't doing it.

Everybody is allowed to have their own feelings and thoughts, and we want to make sure that everybody is free to share them, so please remember to keep things civil in these threads and to respect each other's opinions. As a public forum, disagreements will arise, but we ask that you handle them with civility and not attack each other. Feel free to tell each other why you feel a certain way, but keep it constructive and civil.

Kabam Miike is saying that even though it is hard to hear feedback that says they are not hitting the mark, it is necessary to get that feedback.

He's not saying that even though it is hard to hear feedback that says they are not hitting the mark, they are going to keep not hitting the mark because not hitting the mark is necessary.

Constructive feedback is always useful and we should deliver it to the devs whether we think they want to hear it or not, and even whether we think it is being heard or not. It is all the counterproductive static surrounding it that needs to dial way back.
    You didn’t catch my edit ☹️
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

Seatin:
    *Spends 10K a month on MCOC...gets everything. rushes to complete content 2 days after release for "first!" content. Whines about the game being boring.* Super hard to take him seriously.

You obviously don’t understand the video then. Should go hang out with danielmath
    lol i've hung out with Seatin, he's cool, i like him, but he hasnt played seriously in literally YEARS, so no his opinion means nothing to me
    Even if you take "YEARS" as just 2, your statement is wrong. Someone who is the first person to ever complete the highest form of content in game plays it seriously
    pretty sure the last time i saw him do war was like 4 years ago, with a 4/55 voodoo. Rank 5 5* champs didn't exist last time he played seriously
    You realise there are other modes of end game content other than war don't you? Like the abyss
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,078 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

Seatin:
    *Spends 10K a month on MCOC...gets everything. rushes to complete content 2 days after release for "first!" content. Whines about the game being boring.* Super hard to take him seriously.

You obviously don’t understand the video then. Should go hang out with danielmath
    lol i've hung out with Seatin, he's cool, i like him, but he hasnt played seriously in literally YEARS, so no his opinion means nothing to me
    Even if you take "YEARS" as just 2, your statement is wrong. Someone who is the first person to ever complete the highest form of content in game plays it seriously
    pretty sure the last time i saw him do war was like 4 years ago, with a 4/55 voodoo. Rank 5 5* champs didn't exist last time he played seriously
    You realise there are other modes of end game content other than war don't you? Like the abyss
    anyone can do abyss, just buy units or farm revives, even when it 1st came out before it got nerfed
    Siliyo said:

DNA3000 said:

Siliyo said:

Hey everybody,

You didn’t catch my edit ☹️
    Fair enough. I'm outside my own edit window, but noted.
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,222 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Hey everybody,

Well I didn't expect a Kabam response on this thread, but I'm glad this was the response we got. Thanks for the honest acknowledgement on many of our concerns.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,303 ★★★★★
    I agree with Seatin on some points and disagree on some points

1) Boring stage :- Ok ,here both the players and kabam are fault. But I would say Players are more fault. It have several reasons. This is game. Things reach a certain point and you develop yourself. But this ain't Pokemon series where you lose all your mind, skills, senses and knowledge at the start of new event. In mcoc, more you play, more you learn. There were the days when People used to use loki for 5.4.6 Ultron boss or ROL with Star lord which was epitome of your patience and focus as it was hard to maintain combos for long time and Dex Evey specials for many players. Skills developed. People used SO CALLED TODAY'S AVERAGE AND MEH CHAMPS TO CLEAR IT. Then came the Era of ghost and Corvus type of players. Rank 5 were becoming more common. Attack values of your champs went higher and you could bliss through some of content unlike before. 6 stars started to become common . Now we have champs like Ghost,Quake,Doom etc who are cheat codes in majority of scenario. The we had buff program and got mags who started new meta of his own. No matter what's the node. If opponent is metal, you're done for. Now we have r4 6 stars. Rosters developed and people got skilled to the core. Existing content started falling short. Then champs like Hercules, CGR completely dominate the burst damage now. So existing content is becoming easy thus resulting boring. But what is worse is that our expectations from buff programs and new champs. We want very god damn champ at mags level. We want every champ to do everything. And if solid or fun champ releases we just massacre forums and you turn with TRASH CHAMP TREND. With due to this Kabam was forced to release some again Broken champs and buffed champs to the OP level. Thus making rosters making more insane. And most important part is that when we have so many gods in our roster, we tend to feel bore as there is nothing new to explore or experiment. Meh champs give value to god tier champs with balanced solid champs as middle way. But now balance of scales has been unbalanced. Our expectation of every champ to be god tier killing the mood slowly. And Kabam should have approached buff program more cautiously and making more clear about buff champs impact on existing game. Lion tastes blood, now he want more. So as a player, we should not expect the every champ to OP.

2) Communication and existing issues:-Kabam has been short on this. A game is broken for straight like 5 months. Core and basic mechanics are being broken and players suffered. But problem is that Kabam isn't transparent enough from beginning. But when they started their good will gesture, things already went downhill. But still there hasn't been fixed properly. This affects players mentally. Casual players tend to lose interest and leave because they won't play the game if they can't play with decently cuz of bugs and problems. It has been acknowledged by the seva themselves that problem do exist but don't have give fix timeline. And people expect them to. Now some people say give them break or they don't deserve it etc etc. Then keep it in mind that they are human being like us but it's their part of job. They are earning livelihood from game we play. We have every damn right to ask the solution about problem. And if the problem has been existence for very long time, it really frustrates customer meanwhile questions the intention and attitude of seller.

This post is long so I will continue in next.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,303 ★★★★★
    Continuing last post

3)Road maps and promises:- Road maps were not guaranteed but it still it was kind of promises. It was kind of indirect advertisement for future stuff. Timelines weren't fixed but we were told to wait. Some things were delivered some were not. The problem lies in the attitude and timing of company here on how to update the community about the future stuff. Some said they lied, some advocates that they didn't. But as personally I feel that Expectations were raised at positive notion but were never reached it conclusion. It's end of 2021 and there are lot of major stuff missing. The conclusion we wanted and was delivered missed the mark. Let's say 2021 was th estimated timeline for 60% of stuffs promised but it is the end of 2021 and players feeling lik they have been cheated cuz they don't see enough of what they were supposed to get. Guaranteed or not , when you make a gesture and release a statement that things will change and players buys it, you nail a deal there like gentleman. Not fulfilling it can cause drama and other problems.

4) adding fuel to fire:- For example new Eq nodes. Think about current issues and then this nodes. Its not hard but bogus and does not complement the hardwork. It feel like we are doing 2nd job rather than playing game. Rather chilling on sofa and having fun while playing it, this have become the where you need to think it as assignment of your office. Things should have been kept simple until current bugs and other problems gets fixed.
    This is coming form casual player who is in End game. I have lot to say but for now I will say only this much.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,019 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

The summer 2020 roadmap came at a crucial time when discontent was high, just before a generous (and lucrative) July 4. I think it should honestly be re-examined to see where they’ve fallen back on their promises.

Off the top of my head, they promised these things that didn’t work out:

Nerfs to all attack values across 6.1 and 6.2. None were touched. Never gonna bother exploring act 6, personally.

More frequent variant content - canceled and returned to the usual schedule

Crystal/champion control - 4-star and 5-star dual class crystals were great. It has been nearly a year and a half. The 6-star pool has more champs than the 5-star pool iirc, and we’ve got an extra 30-35 champs released since the dual class crystal rollout. Do we have 6-star dual class crystals? Nope. Meaningful access to awakening gems? Nope. Any other crystals besides 300-unit cavaliers or 15,000-shard features to control our champion pool? Nope.

Dude, Act 6 was nerfed into the ground, what are you talking about?
    The original announcement had said all of act 6 values would be reduced. This was later reduced to only 6.3&4. I think that's what they're saying
    Ah, I see. That is true but I still don’t think that the attack values in 6.1&6.2 were bad
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    Key word accordingly. It wasn't needed as they saw fit. It was a tentative ahead of schedule. Not gospel.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

If Miike and the other mods are genuinely reading everything on the forum then I applaud them for it because most of the threads descend into a quagmire of mush that would make Man-Thing jealous.

I want to enjoy the game as much as I did in my first two years (which is almost 5 years ago now) but maybe after all this time there isn't much to be excited about.

I won't namedrop but there have been a few regular posters who I would hold in high regard for their reasoned and well articulated posts who are showing a decent amount of dis-satisfaction over the game lately.

That to me is a concern and definitely something that should set off alarm bells at Kabam HQ.

There are probably 20 or so regulars (not necessarily youtubers or high profile people but a good cross section of not idiots) who I think need to be in contact with Kabam (a round table type discussion) to actually try and fix what's not right but 2000 rando's complaining every day drowns out the reasoned posts.

I loved the game, I just want to love it again. Someone smarter than me needs to figure out how to do that.

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★

You are a legend Miike and community loves you , which is why they get disappointed because they expect you to be the voice ahead to make sure things become better in any certain way .

Appreciate you for listening everything and passing it on further .

I duped 6* Cyclops to sig 60 today , when getting he buffed ?
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 641 ★★★
    Act 6 really needed a nerf in 6.1-6.2 paths

10 paths per mission are really long, taking part from requirements too.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

Seatin:

anyone can do abyss, just buy units or farm revives, even when it 1st came out before it got nerfed
    Is your implication that only the opinion of people who play war are to be taken seriously?
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Member Posts: 182
    First of all: thanks @Kabam Miike for the Feedback and I agree with you. The Reason why I´m writing in this Forum ist the Hope that my Feedback, my Thouths and my Experience in the Game could help to geht Things better. But therefor you could be critical, but you must be Constructive. Otherwise it will not lead to anything.

I wrote in an another Post a few Weeks ago, that there ist no real Progress in the Game. And I thin this is the Main - Point of Seatins Post. No Progress in two different Parts: the First Part ist no Progress for the Players. When you start playing, you get first 3*, then 4*, then 5 *, new Champs, level them up, get nuew Content, first Hero, then Master and so on. But later in the Game, you have 6* - Champs, Rank them up to R2, maybe R3. For an normal Player this last month until you get a new R 3 an for the Highend - Player, there is no really need to go for an R4. For Which Conetn you should really need a R 4? So at a Ponit in the Game the Progress for the Players is gone. No need to Rank up the Champs, no new Content and so it starts to geht boring.

The First Part ist the Progress of the Game. Many Things where announced, some have been implemented but plenty of them did not come until yet. The new Playstyl like they did at the Summoner ist such an Example. Then we got the Parry - Bug and beside that this Bug is annoying, it felt we developed backwards in the Game. Not that the announced content did not come, even known content became unplayable. So there ist even no Progress in the Development of the Game.

But a lack of Progress must lead to discontent. So in my Opinion Kabam should look, that the different promised Conten will come to the Game soon, the Bugs must be solved and there must be new Maps or some new Conten for the Players, so that the progress can also be felt by the players.
  • JgthegJgtheg Member Posts: 15
    I honestly don't have that many issues with the game currently. My biggest thing has been the eq and sq for the last few months. I think the energy cost are still obscure for a monthly even because of the number of path that always get loaded on to the last chapter. The poor choices of certain nodes with champions. Certain chanps being picked for paths when there ar dozens of other choices (terrax "cough cough" followed by korg). The parry dex issue calmed down alot for me but not for everyone. I have an alliance mate stuck on the champion because its almost impossible for him to dex in the last phase. Things like that should of been adjusted until the parry dex issue was fixed. I had to go through the grandmaster fight and never beable to parry to complete the challange abd the same for dex in that fight. RIP units. All in all what I'm frustrated with is the content that is being put out is tailored for the issues that have been ongoing