**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

#psychic shielding

Do #Psychic shielding champions have a passive vigilance as a defender? Because I can’t hit miss champions with stryfe’s medium attack but he can he can when he’s a defender.

Comments

• AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

Do #Psychic shielding champions have a passive vigilance as a defender? Because I can’t hit miss champions with stryfe’s medium attack but he can he can when he’s a defender.

The only champ he shouldn’t be missing is ghost. Everyone else to the best of my knowledge is fine.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    It's stated in his abilities that his miss fails against Psychic Shielding champions.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

It's an effect specific to Stryfe, whose 'Invisibility' is psychic rather than a physical effect. In his description, it states that his Invisibility isn't effective against opponents with Psychic Shielding.

Currently the #Psychic Shielding Tag is carried by:
    Stryfe himself
    Professor X
    Juggernaut
    Mister Sinister
    Unstoppable Juggernaut
    Magneto (both)

These seven champs don't Miss Stryfe.
    They do Miss opponents like Ghost or Guillotine-2099.

However (before people jump in with Disagrees) Professor X has a separate ability that enables him (at 25 Channeling Charges) to bypass all versions of Miss. But that's a separate ability; not the result of Psychic Shielding.

Just to make it more confusing, as well as Psychic Shielding, there are Psychic Attacks.

These are completely separate abilities, by the way: Psychic Shielding doesn't provide any protection against Psychic Attacks.

Psychic attacks can Miss just like ordinary attacks except for fighting Ghost: like Stryfe, Ghost has a specific weakness in her champion description. In Ghost's case, Psychic Attacks don't Miss her. They do Miss opponents like Guillotine-2099.
    I remember the update that caused this. It was so confusing
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Add the 2 DD's to that list .. I just tested ... DD can hit Stryfe fine through his invisibility . ;)

(note this is different from before, I recall testing a year or so ago, and he missed) ..

so #psychic or not .. DD's "cannot miss" is straight up .. simple ... ;)
  • Hey there, just to confirm, the Psychic Shielding tag doesn't provide any benefits on its own, but there are Champions with abilities that specifically interact with the tag or have abilities that don't work on champs with the tag. We attempted to clarify this awhile back by updating some Champion descriptions to specify which abilities interact with it.

We also tried to make it easier to understand which Champions have abilities that bypass Miss by making some interactions that were formerly just Easter Eggs into abilities in a champion's description. Both Daredevils are included in this and now have the ability to ignore Miss in their descriptions.