**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• Options
    Mukesh5445Mukesh5445 Posts: 24
    P4U1J said:

This is all I keep getting once I join a match we do picks and bans then the fight loads and this happens ... Which results in a loss

It's same happened with me,i am lose 6 times for this reason😓.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Can anyone confirm whether masteries are applicable to your attackers in this mode? Only my r3 champs are hitting like a wet noodle. The masteries are definitely working on the defenders I go up against
  • Options
    Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 165 ★★
    Managed to finally get a few matches in, and then over the past hour it's been disconnecting me every match. Get through the picks and bans fine, and once it tried to load up the fight I'm getting the connection issue and also this error some of the times:

It completely closes down the game and I have to load back up. It tends to put me back into the match if I'm quick enough and I can do my fight. But then at the end of that I'm faced with an infinite black screen.
    Been trying to complete the objectives as I would like that profile pic but it's getting to the point of going over the energy refills given for free, and then having to go into my own stash which Im not prepared to do.
    From the matches I managed to play fully I did enjoy it, and think this could be a good addition to the game provided all the issues get ironed out.

Hopefully by the next beta some of these issues are resolved. But I would still like it if other areas of the game are working as intended first before this is also added to the job list.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Managed 5 battles this morning with no issues. Looks like it’s working better.

I haven’t really read too much into it. Will it always be masochism or will it cycle, some defenders are very pesky with masochism. I timed out against a Kingpin today lol.
  • Options
    Masteries aren’t working in battlegrounds, it’s also randomly switching my picks after I lock them in. I totally get this can be bugged but donwe really need to release bugged gameplay for 7 years straight. Only hope for the game now is 7.4. I really hope that doesn’t get messed too. I have completely stopped spending and only log in daily now since even the new modes are broken again. Aw bugged, aq bugged, battlegrounds bugged, etc. Please do an adequate amount of testing before releasing to the community. This is terrible
  • Options
    FlameGodFlameGod Posts: 36
    I am facing these issues a lot:

1 - when loading into a battle I get a disconnect symbol in the bottom right corner and I must close my app and reopen it as soon as I can since the game timer has already begun counting down. When I do this successfully, my screen shows the countdown timer on a black screen once the app reopens and then it proceeds to take me into the match with whatever time remains on the clock.

2 - when I complete a battle successfully, whether I win or lose, about 70% of the time the screen freezes and will not change no matter how long I wait. I have waited a long time and I have also closed and reopened my app as soon as I see the frozen screen, but it always results in getting booted out of battlegrounds and the match counting as a loss.

There are still minor bugs during champion select where my selection is changed after locking in. I find that this usually occurs with 3 or less seconds on the timer and it happens less when I make a selection quickly.

Most of my losses are a result of bugs, but the game mode would be really fun if these issues were fixed.
  • Options
    SonSonSonSon Posts: 66

SonSon said:

Battlegrounds is pure incompetence at its fullest potential. Attention to detail was obviously not taken into consideration in the slightest. By all means take ALL the time needed to produce a quality and defect-free product sometime this century.

You appear to be surprised that a beta test to find issues has found issues.
    Issues w/in a Beta are not the problem. The problem is that these issues are way beyond simple matters of just a server overload. It clearly consists of multiple points of failure. All I'm trying to say is that there is a larger underlying issue. This pattern of gross quality control (in my experience) could be easily misconstrewed as sabotage, and in many instances in corporate history, it has been exactly the case. Very possibly, the intentional behavior of a vindictive/disgruntled employee.
  • Options
    Just going to repost the chain of events.

1- Disconnect screen when loading into a battle.

2 - close app and reopen it asap. If it worked, I see the regular loading screen then get taken to a black screen with timer counting down for 2 - 5 seconds. I then load into the battle with the remaining time. Depending on how quickly your phone can load up the game you can continue the fight with as little as a 15 sec - 30 sec time handicap (16 sec handicap in my screenshot - 1:44 left on the clock)

3 - win or lose, screen freezes and you get booted out of battlegrounds. You need to close the app and when you reopen the app you will be at the home screen with a loss on your match history.

See my previous post for a more detailed description of the issues.
  • Options
    Nomercy9Nomercy9 Posts: 48
    This mode is actually lit. Amazing work by game staff. It's just in beta phase so ig they're trying to find issues and fix them. I managed to play 2 matches without any issues and those were really fun. There were small hiccups but ig those will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    My honest opinion is that rewards will make or break this game mode. It isn't particularly much different from incursions so the rewards have to be great if you want players like myself to invest in it.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

What a terrible community to work for. Ungrateful players should just keep their terrible opinions to themselves. There is a notice on the forum you just posted on and it clearly tells you that there is an issue with the mode and they are trying to fix it. Who in their right mind keeps trying to play matches when the mode is very clearly bugged. You're wasting your energy attempting the broken mode. Don't go blame the game devs for your lack of patience. How moronic can this community be though? It's not like kabam is smiling at the sight that their highly anticipated mode isn't working as well as intended. Just because you play the game doesn't mean you're the only one suffering right now.

The constant complaints aren't going to speed up the process of fixing the bugs. None of you have an ounce of respect when it comes to understanding that the staff working on this are HUMAN and have lives to live. And for anyone who says that this isn't up to standard, it's a beta. A beta you were lucky enough to test in the first place. I doubt any one of you have any experience at all with game design and fixing bugs because you provide no solutions, only complaints. You leeches only suck blood from the game and provide no positive impact in the community whatsoever. When this mode officially launches you'll understand who the mode was intended for.

Grow up. The mode isn't even competitive and even if it was, you aren't up to standard to even compete. Go find another thing to do with your time rather than complaining to the mods on forums.

@RicoShay
    Did you ever stop to think that most the people on here are giving feedback for the mode? that is clearly why the mods have allowed us all to comment on this thread smh. ill admit there is some comments that can come across as rude etc but lets not forget that this game spans around the world so you are most likely misinterpreting (me too) ... just my 2 pence.

I for one arent moaning about anything, it is after all the beta as you say but i will at least give them my feedback and thoughts.

Also it isnt for the user to come up with solutions to issues in a game, silly to suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Well I've fought in 28 matches a good 80% - 85% were bugged. Sometimes I won because of the bugs, but most of the time I lost because of them. The matches I won due to bugs with the exception of 1 or 2 were going to be wins anyway, it's just the losses that are annoying.

Btw I just encountered an issue where I selected Immortal hulk as a defender, but it got changed to Shang chi. The battle ended and it was time to select the 2nd defender (I have never gotten this far when encountering this bug before; it usually ends the match because me or my opponent get booted out of battlegrounds before the 2nd battle can be setup). I noticed that immortal hulk was whited out and I could not select him again even though my opponent fought my Shang chi instead and lost. However, Shang was a selectable option and since he just lost to him in the previous battle, I thought why not select him as a defender for round 2. Well to my surprise the AI changed my selection, again, and this time it was my ultron who I was planning to use to fight his bishop. I had no counter for bishop and the timer ran out, but it didn't matter because the screen froze at the end of the match and I was booted out, giving my opponent the win. Paha, if you're on these forums, just know you were going to get destroyed haha.

• Options
    midhun1mamachanmidhun1mamachan Posts: 77
    This is the current situation in the game.
    When i try to fight , game crashes and fails to load and i lose the game.
    I lost the network many times and lost energy, time and interest to continue the latest game phase.
    Kindly fix it asap.

• Options
    I've had multiple occurences where it displays the opponent selecting a certain defender and that defender continues to be displayed up until the match is about to start and then I'm up against a different defender I did not expect.

From what I've seen this tends to happen when the timer runs all the way down for opponent to pick their defender.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    SonSon said:

SonSon said:

Battlegrounds is pure incompetence at its fullest potential. Attention to detail was obviously not taken into consideration in the slightest. By all means take ALL the time needed to produce a quality and defect-free product sometime this century.

Issues w/in a Beta are not the problem. The problem is that these issues are way beyond simple matters of just a server overload. It clearly consists of multiple points of failure. All I'm trying to say is that there is a larger underlying issue. This pattern of gross quality control (in my experience) could be easily misconstrewed as sabotage, and in many instances in corporate history, it has been exactly the case. Very possibly, the intentional behavior of a vindictive/disgruntled employee.
    It's a beta. Bugs and server issues will be there. That's the entire point of it. Kabam need this data to see how their servers will react to the load and learn how best to optimise it. Having tens of thousands of players test this mode is much quicker and more effecient way of rooting out bugs.

It's not a finished product and the aim of the beta is to help finish it. There is no large underlying issue or atleast it's not the sabotage you talk about. Clearly your problem is with the Issue w/in the beta.

• Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    man i love it but there is no rewards thats sad part
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SonSon said:

SonSon said:

“Issues within a beta are not the problem”

“The issue consists of multiple points of failure within the beta” - AKA issues within the beta.

You don’t need to disguise your opinion, what you’re saying is that you don’t like the fact that there are issues with a game mode in beta form. It’s an opinion for sure, just not a very valid one.
  • Options
    I played 3 games today. Here are my achievements:

1. 2 times I've been disconnected
    2. 1 time I must restart the game because of blackscreen
    3. 1 time game totally crushed
    4. 2 losses because of connecting issue according to "achievement" no1

Thank God this is only beta.
  • Options
    Blizzard25Blizzard25 Posts: 67 ★★
    13 attempts to play today

3 actual matches performed successfully
    9 matches disconnected on my end, sometimes jumping me into the middle of a fight with like a minute to go, but mostly just taking me to a screen which is basically static or solid purple.
    1 match disconnected on the opponents end.

All matches disconnected on my end resulted in a loss. I get there are connection issues with mass traffic, some feedback may be to just conclude with a draw if it disconnects instead of a loss, with no energy spent or champion usage spent. There is no way this can be successful without that. I have no problem with the connection issues, only that they result in lost points, lost energy and lost champ usage.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    So new bug you pick your opponents to ban and your actually picking for yourself instead last 3 matches like that.
  • Options
    Hey all,

Thank you for your continued reports of issues. We've been working to address them as they come in, and have had to make some bandaid solutions for some that require a new release to fix. I hope to have an update on what's been done and what we're still looking at today/early tomorrow.
  • Options
    DL864 said:

So new bug you pick your opponents to ban and your actually picking for yourself instead last 3 matches like that.

Bans are for both sides! So if you're gonna ban the Opponent's CGR, be prepared to lose your own too!
  • Options
    PocketNerdPocketNerd Posts: 43
    *thinks he's fighting Doctor Voodoo, puts up a Science Champ*
    *Fights Falcon instead*

*Thinks he's fighting Mysterio, puts up a Cosmic Champ*
    *Fights Doctor Voodoo instead*

So exploiting is already a thing, excellent! Also, parry not working for me but instead works for the AI is extra fun!

15 energy cost in a system already starving of it is also nice. Good job Kabam!
  • Options
    Nomercy9Nomercy9 Posts: 48

DL864 said:

Bans are for both sides! So if you're gonna ban the Opponent's CGR, be prepared to lose your own too!
    I guess it's bugged then. I got matched up against the banned champ twice.
  • Options
    SpiderhamSpiderham Posts: 4
    Try 2 times today to play battleground
    Each time I got a deconnection during the loading screen
    And when I can connect back I got a black screen