**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

P.S.A. - Black Cat and Scorpion will be the start of the new rebalance program!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

It’s just scary know that any new champion you pull will be “balanced” six months after it’s released. Even if it ends up being executed perfectly there will now always be a fear factor that isn’t healthy.

Dislike the rating system too, a lot of Champions have similar utility ratings to quake without having close to her level of utility. Don’t think it’s a good metric to balance off of.

These reasons and the slow buff program are my dislikes. I am looking forward to champs being useful if they weren’t initially.

I think this is the point that makes me more anxious, and I can't believe that Kabam is confident that featured crystal sales won't be heavily influenced by the rebalancing program. Knowing that Black Cat and Scorpion are subject to the program, who would be willing to shell away their own money for something that is not guaranteed?
    So, I get where this is coming from, but literally every Champion released ever has been open to rebalancing, and many of them have been. This is no different, it's just now finally formalized and gives players more say in the process. We've had to adjust Champions shortly after release many times, and if anything, this should give you MORE confidence in the fact that a Champion that isn't as good as expected is going to be buffed to be better.

I will say this again, if this program had been in place for the last year, there would have been significantly more Buffs than nerfs.
    I understand. But when someone buys featured crystals, they are going off of the assumption that this champion will remain the same from crystal opening all the way through everyday use. Post release changes are still pretty rare. If there was something that were to change after release, the community usually throws its collective hands in the air and protests. (i.e. Hercules)

But now that the rebalancing system explicitly states that champions can change within 6 months, I know I will discontinue going after featured crystals, and I can’t fit the square peg of explanation into the circle hole of logic as to why anyone would spend money ever again on them.

I hope I’m wrong
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Lpoo said:

It’s just scary know that any new champion you pull will be “balanced” six months after it’s released. Even if it ends up being executed perfectly there will now always be a fear factor that isn’t healthy.

Dislike the rating system too, a lot of Champions have similar utility ratings to quake without having close to her level of utility. Don’t think it’s a good metric to balance off of.

These reasons and the slow buff program are my dislikes. I am looking forward to champs being useful if they weren’t initially.

I think this is the point that makes me more anxious, and I can't believe that Kabam is confident that featured crystal sales won't be heavily influenced by the rebalancing program. Knowing that Black Cat and Scorpion are subject to the program, who would be willing to shell away their own money for something that is not guaranteed?
    So, I get where this is coming from, but literally every Champion released ever has been open to rebalancing, and many of them have been. This is no different, it's just now finally formalized and gives players more say in the process. We've had to adjust Champions shortly after release many times, and if anything, this should give you MORE confidence in the fact that a Champion that isn't as good as expected is going to be buffed to be better.

I will say this again, if this program had been in place for the last year, there would have been significantly more Buffs than nerfs.
    I have never read a comment that gives me less faith in Kabam than this one. By stating that had this been in place before there would have been significantly more Buffs than Nerfs you are clearly stating that Kabam is aware of how many champs are bad and people are unhappy and willingly chose to Nerf good champions that people liked down instead of fixing the ones you knew were bad. That you knew the champs that were bad didn't meet expectations y'all had but chose to go the other route anyway is mind blowing.

You have basically just said "trust us, we chose not to treat the game and its players right originally but now we promise we are going to treat everyone right" and think this will give us confidence to try and get a new champ right away instead of waiting for the 6 month period to end to see what the champ is actually going to be like.

Since this game came out, even with 12.0, I have never been this disappointed...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,061 ★★★★★

KaLikOT said:

KaLikOT said:

Lpoo said:

Rebalances should be done before champions are offered for real money. Your "rebalance" program has convinced me to never buy featured cavs again. If it happened last year, I wouldn't have bought any last year either. It could be 99.9999% buffs and I still wouldn't have confidence in Kabam getting it right.
    That's virtually impossible with the way this game operates. They're not testing for months and months on an automated server. There is data that can only be collected from the multitude of situations that come from live game play. It's an ongoing and ever-changing process, and it's been this way as long as the game has existed. It's not an end-user program that we purchase.
    Mr. GroundedWisdom can you give an example of a data that can only be collected in live gameplay but not on beta servers?
    Can you create a beta atmosphere that replicates thousands of Players in various scenarios?
    Im pretty sure they can add thousands of players in beta.

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

So…….. these 2 are or are not part of this rebalancing thing ?? Would be nice to get a clear answer.
    Yes they are. It was already announced.
    You are not kabam. You’re more like spam.

Where is this announcement from kabam ?? Post a link

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/298622/delaying-champion-attributes-and-champion-balance-updates#latest
    Yeah, I looked and looked and couldn't find it either. Someone posted a "supposed" link where it was announced, but no where in that thread was it stated they were subject to the balancing program. I mean, I know they don't have the best track record here, but this is extremely poor communication.
    Of course you can’t find it. Kabam hasn’t said anything since early march, but that’s not stoping a certain websnatcher from lying and saying it was announced.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300777/champion-attributes-live-on-scorpion-black-cat-and-more/p1
    Let's see:

A warm greeting, a refresher on what their attributes system is, them clearing up what misconceptions there may be. The establishment that they applied this attribute system to Scorpion and Black Cat.

No words about Scorpion and Black Cat being part of the rebalance system.

Try again.
    READ. THE. TITLE.
    Right, it says champion attributes are live on Black cat AND MORE. Nothing about rebalance
    In the delay announcement they said rebalancing goes live when champ attributes are released.
  • Options

It literally says we will launch this system when we announce the attributes for approximately 100 champs. They announced the attributes with black cat and scorpion.

The first paragraph said they were going to launch the system along with 30 champs.
  • Options

It literally says we will launch this system when we announce the attributes for approximately 100 champs. They announced the attributes with black cat and scorpion.

The first paragraph said they were going to launch the system along with 30 champs.

Yes. Have they relaaed attributes for approximately 100 champs?
    Yes. Attributes are live on many champs...I don't know how many they are live on but they are there.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    First off I appreciate the OP bringing attention to this. The idea of the rebalance program completely left my mind. Like so many other aspects of the game, people need to decide for themselves if it is worth the risk/reward when doing things in the game.

Modification of champs has always happened, from clear and cut nerf/buff/reworks, to frame rate adjustments that end up modifying a champ, we really could never rely on a champ we get today will be the same even a month from now.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I do take issue with the contention that Kabam “flat out lied” in regard to this issue. This may be the lawyer in me, but lying requires intent to deceive that I just don’t see here. I think they changed their plans and communicated that fact in a sub-optimal way, but there was nothing intentionally deceptive about that.

As a general rule, I try not to assume malice when ignorance or incompetence could just as likely be the explanation. People are dumb before they are mean, and there’s not really a benefit to lying about this in the way that they allegedly did.

Anyway, it’ll be six months before we see the actual impact of their inclusion in the program. If y’all want to stay mad that long, be my guest. I’ll forego the wrinkles and just see how it shakes out when the time comes.

Yeah I completely agree. Kabam could definitely have been clearer, but I don’t see where they lied. I’ll add my voice behind asking them to take more care in ensuring what they say is clear and any changes of plans are communicated - but shouting they lied and accusing them of purposely befuddling the player base has some serious “two minutes of hate” vibes.

Most people will be angry about this for a couple of days before the next slight mishap is exaggerated to be the next thing everyone is furious about.

I think YouTubers who take this and use it to say Kabam are lying have a slight responsibility to not to stoke up hate. I think asking kabam where this slight breakdown in communication happened before jumping to saying they flat out lied would be very helpful to not creating and perpetuating the toxicity that can be found in the community.

I mean, someone said this is the worst they’ve felt since 12.0, really? This slight issue is the worst you’ve felt? Would you think that in a weeks time when everything has calmed down..

Kabam said they would launch the system with 100, and there are 25. They heavily, heavily implied that black cat and scorp are the first for the system - the announcement said attributes are live on those champs and they had previously said that when the attributes go live the balancing system will too. It’s like they said 2+2 and have expected the player base can figure out that means 4. Yes they didn’t say explicitly the attribute system is starting now and that means the the first champions released after will have the balancing - but they sure gave you all the ingredients to work that out.

In future, I’d hope they just go ahead and say 2+2= 4 to avoid any doubt of people misunderstanding.

Everything that has happened has an explanation that doesn’t necessarily mean Kabam lied, why are people so desperate to believe Kabam are lying when it could equally just be a change of plan to launch with the 25 instead? Why not wait, press pause on your anger and see what kabam says about releasing with 25 instead of 100 - maybe the answer isn’t as damning as you seem to want it to be.

Plans change, it doesn’t mean they lied.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    why are people getting so worked up about this? it can't possibly do that much harm, if any. if champs like herc and kitty were left alone, why would there be any reason to think that future champs that are good will get nerfed? people should reserve their judgement until we see how this actually pans out. if we get a champ like super-skrull in the future, he could be balanced to get better, and i think that would make a lot of people happy
  • Options
    DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113

Lpoo said:

What happens to all those Beasts, Antmans, Classic DDs, Elektras, MKs and Groots? Had these been subjected to rebalancing we would have seen some updates to their kit. So what happens to them with new program? Cuz by the sound of it, seems like old champs would be eating the dust.
This discussion has been closed.