**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Almost 14 months since a new science champ.

Kabam,

How are we almost at 14 months since there’s been a new science champ released?! Quake is the most recent science addition and she was released in Sept 2016. This is crazy. There’s a lot of people that have been saving 5* science AGs (including me) for a new science champ. Can you explain why there hasn’t been a new science champ in the last 13+ most and when we can expect to see a new science champ?

A lot of people were hoping for a science gladiator Hulk next month. Now that the 2 new champs are confirmed to be Gladiator Thor and Hela, the gap between science champs will reach 15 months at a minimum.

Comments

• YEA! WTF!? You guys know damn well EVERYONE was waiting for that gladiator HULK
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    Hmmmm, I got 4x t4 science cat waiting. Quake already r5 and nobody worth the t4.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    My guess is December.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That has bothered me in the past though...4 skill champs or 4 mutants in a row. Frankly I kinda feel like they shouldn't release multiples of the same class in the same month. At least no more than two different champs of the same class. Needs mixed up.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I mean just the thought of how many t4cc you need to raise 4 new mutants above 3 stars is disheartening...that many t4cc from a single class...
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I did have a 5* science awakening gem but got lucky and pulled a hulk so awakened him and he's currently at 3/45. I'm really pleased with him so far and I am considering taking him to 4/55.

I do also have 2 4* science awakening gems which are just gathering dust so would be nice for a new champion to use them on.

We do need new science champions and the past has shown multiple of the same class being added at the same time so I would expect maybe 4 new science champions in the 1st quarter of 2018.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    GG should have been science. If you know his backstory then you know what I mean
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Who needs another science champ when you've got LC and SG? lol
  • Even though hulk is probably the best science champ at the moment he’s lacking a lot. If they don’t want to release new science champs just update the once’s we currently have. With Thor Ragnarok around the corner this would be a perfect time to update hulk or at least give him his comic book attributes instead of short changing the player base with not one science champ in 14 months.
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    A reply from kabam on this would be nice treat on Halloween @Kabam Miike
  • First, let's point out that not every thread is going to get a reply, and calling out for one that doesn't require a reply is against the forum rules. Forums are not meant strictly for you to converse with the game team, but to have conversations with each other.

There is nothing we can say here. There hasn't been a science Champion, and there won't be one until we have a Science Champion to release. Sorry guys, but it's as simple as that. The good news is that there are some on the horizon. No more to add than that though.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    First, let's point out that not every thread is going to get a reply, and calling out for one that doesn't require a reply is against the forum rules. Forums are not meant strictly for you to converse with the game team, but to have conversations with each other.

There is nothing we can say here. There hasn't been a science Champion, and there won't be one until we have a Science Champion to release. Sorry guys, but it's as simple as that. The good news is that there are some on the horizon. No more to add than that though.

My comment didn't send. Meant to write:

Amazing!
This discussion has been closed.