**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you actually seeing this leaderboard?

kubricknolankubricknolan Posts: 99
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
Majority in the Battlegrounds leaderboard top spots are modders. Please take action and ban them!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I literally can’t see it? Where is it?
  • Options
    _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    is that sarcasm or just plain silliness
  • Options

is that sarcasm or just plain silliness

No, I honestly can’t find right now where I normally see it?
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    I just checked it out. Not saying that yall are wrong, but what makes it obvious that they're modders?
  • Options

I just checked it out. Not saying that yall are wrong, but what makes it obvious that they're modders?

I wonder if I’m not seeing it because I haven’t played any rounds this time? Or I’m just a moron? Anything is possible, I guess.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    No offense, but does it matter right now? Not saying that catching modders is not important, but the leaderboards don't necessarily give any rewards. Also, just low base hero rating, etc are not actionable proof of cheating. I would rather Kabam take out the majority of modders and the most common ways of cheating during the beta than just focus on the top few.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

No offense, but does it matter right now? Not saying that catching modders is not important, but the leaderboards don't necessarily give any rewards. Also, just low base hero rating, etc are not actionable proof of cheating. I would rather Kabam take out the majority of modders and the most common ways of cheating during the beta than just focus on the top few.

as much as low base hero rating is not definite proof of cheating, it does help in seeing who's a cheater and who's not. if your top champs are all rank 4 6*s but your base hero rating is 600k or something small, it's very fishy and does raise questions. and it doesn't matter now (except for bragging rights), but i do suspect there will be some prize to those on the leaderboard once the actual mode starts
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I think it's funny how they're not only making themselves known, but they're also helping the team work on solutions. All for no Rewards on the Leaderboard, aside from what everyone else is getting that can easily be taken away.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I'm sure they are spending time behind the scenes working on an effective way to get rid of modders. Seeing as this is just a beta i don't know why they would ban players as they will find a new way to mod that Kabam won't be able to adapt to fast enough.
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited May 2022
    DawsMan said:

I'm sure they are spending time behind the scenes working on an effective way to get rid of modders. Seeing as this is just a beta i don't know why they would ban players as they will find a new way to mod that Kabam won't be able to adapt to fast enough.

Beta or not it's still cheating. Just pointless cheating since it's a beta
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    I kinda hope they ban all accounts played on the device those mods run. So it will also stop any future 'new accounts'. not to mention deter those who want their account run by those modders
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

DawsMan said:

Beta or not it's still cheating. Just pointless cheating since it's a beta
    I wouldn't say it's pointless
    They're probably trying to figure out ways to avoid the checks placed by Kabam's system so that they have a chance to go unnoticed when actual mode hits the servers
    Just like Kabam is probably trying to figure out ways to make sure it doesn't happen
    Modders have been in game since forever
    It's just that they're much more noticeable to the player with the way BGs are structured
  • Options
    The team is taking action against those who violate the rules and is continuing to further develop our methods for detecting them. We are not able to get into the specifics of these methods or share information about particular accounts, as either could make it harder for us to catch others going forward. That said, any detailed reports players are able to submit when they encounter this behavior can help provide more data points and evidence to speed the process along.
This discussion has been closed.