**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should hackers be banned after 1st offence?

WhaleMilker07WhaleMilker07 Posts: 6
edited November 2017 in General Discussion

Should hackers be banned after 1st offence? 90 votes

Yes
85%
Etaki_LirakoiDL864McBrumDraco2199GKaineNevvBBartRiegelSolswerdJustice_Evo_8danielmathDHCVoLtvd016SirnoobThe_OneDrakon56BitterSteelMegaSkater67DrOctavius2_2Swe_wolfis 77 votes
No
14%
tutyimutyiNoob_2yrsArmaganon00zero7at0mSpiritOfVengeanceNexus_UY_ScutiRoraG0311ViciousJDaaku_Daddy21Ode2sleepSotheTheKing 13 votes

Comments

• ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    edited November 2017
    No hackers should have decency not to attempt to hack in first place n yeah 1 strike out rule is good but it necessarily harder to implement than you think as revenue is key n if a whale has a first time offence, it’s obvious by banning him for 1 mistake would make a financial dent.

So I think kabam has it kinda right that they monitor the situation n give punishment nessesary to the crime without abusing their powers.
  • Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    Yes
    Hackers can always start a new account and do things the right way. Stop cheating
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Yes
    I'm guessing that u have hacked something before and got banned?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Yes
    Everything in this game! Every last item has a price and those prices convert to real $ values within the context of the game, and so they are stealing from Kabam ( number one! ) and stealing from all the rest of us (number 2) by a.) Scooping up achievement and ranking rewards that should go to one of us honest players, b.) Thereby possibly putting us in the situation that we finally break down and buy the items we aren't winning. They are getting something for nothing! Hell ya ban for life!
    Yes
    The lowest price you can pay in here is effort...and they aren't even paying in that!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yes absolutely 100% yes
    Yes
    Check out the profiles of those who voted "yes"...tap the icon under the vote bar...three Gwen pools all want cheats to have a second chance! Lol need to create a couple more logins bud if you want to sway this vote!
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Need to ban the 4 people who voted no, they’re hackers.
    Yes
    That's what I'm saying he's a hacker! Whoever he is...all 4 probably the same guy...just doesn't have it in him to do the work to create 60 logins but that is his problem to begin with...doesn't like to have to work!
  • Yes
    Depends on the offence
    Yes
    Just gonna make a suggestion here...if you are gonna use all your various personas to try and thrown the vote? Could you at least switch your avitar to someone besides spider gwen?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I don't think we need to start a Witch Hunt.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,762 ★★★★★
    ta59m7tyoyvl.png
  • KZAKVNKZAKVN Posts: 14
    How do you change your avatar
  • Hey everyone! While I certainly do appreciate the discussion that's going on here, I'd like to add that not all rule violations will carry the same weight or punishment.

For example, if a player uses an exploit once without realising to gain rewards that they weren't due, then that won't be considered as bad as someone who takes it to the Nth degree and repeats it ad infinitum. Either way, the ill-gotten rewards would be taken back, though the latter would certainly carry a harsher punishment, whereas the former may only have the rewards they shouldn't have gotten removed.

By the same token, someone who goes out of their way to use mods or hacks in order to gain an advantage in-game and hurt the experiences of the honest players won't be tolerated at all, and the punishments match the violations.

I hope this helps, and if needed, there's a bit more info on it for you here.

As the above link in red, as well as winterthur's screenshot (Thanks!) of the in-game message provide the best answers as to the reasoning behind this, this particular thread will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.