R. I. P. Marvel Insider (MCoC) (2017-2023) 🥲

2»

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    Insider Used to be a good source for a handful of team revives and single champ revives. It was good while it lasted.
  • KRACETOSKRACETOS Member Posts: 76
    Someone suggested this idea on my forum post.
    ‐------‐----------------------------------------

‐------‐----------------------------------------
    Allow us to use these monthly unique shards on the collector crystal. Maybe 100 shards or even 500 shards. Hell I wouldn't even mind if it was 2000 shards if I'm able to simply chose which crystal to spend them on.

I would be so much more incentivized to explore and complete content that included these unique monthly shards or even purchasing bundles that included these shards, if I were able to direct them to collecting rare 2*s. Even the end of the month top off for units I'd buy the max if I could get the 2*s. I think much of the community has expressed their interest in collecting.

This would be a great way to help offset the discontinued collaboration with marvel insider.

@Kabam Team
    @Kabam Jax
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Fam
    @Kabam Numbers
  • Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Today we got the sad news of demise marvel insider rewards for MCoC. We as a community are saddened to hear that and Marvel Insider rewards for MCoC will forever remain in our hearts.
    (Source: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342257/ending-collaboration-with-marvel-insider#latest)

Let's take this final moment to pay our homage to marvel insider mcoc offers and share our memorable moments.

Here's Mine:

It took a lot of time to create those packages? Easy solution keep them the same every month and just swap 2* with new champ. I just saved hours and hours of thinking and discussions for you.
    Creating the package is not the time consuming part, it's getting the rewards out. This is not an automatic process, because your username, which is what Marvel Insider collects, is NOT your User ID, which is what is required to get players these package, it takes a lot of time for something that very few people actually took advantage of.
    I get your point but it seems a little counterintuitive. You’re talking about closing it because of how much work was involved to disperse the package. But, you said yourself that not many people used it…
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Go_To said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Today we got the sad news of demise marvel insider rewards for MCoC. We as a community are saddened to hear that and Marvel Insider rewards for MCoC will forever remain in our hearts.
    (Source: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342257/ending-collaboration-with-marvel-insider#latest)

Let's take this final moment to pay our homage to marvel insider mcoc offers and share our memorable moments.

Here's Mine:

It took a lot of time to create those packages? Easy solution keep them the same every month and just swap 2* with new champ. I just saved hours and hours of thinking and discussions for you.
    Creating the package is not the time consuming part, it's getting the rewards out. This is not an automatic process, because your username, which is what Marvel Insider collects, is NOT your User ID, which is what is required to get players these package, it takes a lot of time for something that very few people actually took advantage of.
    I get your point but it seems a little counterintuitive. You’re talking about closing it because of how much work was involved to disperse the package. But, you said yourself that not many people used it…
    That's not a contradiction. It's standard business practice. If the resources required are much greater than the need, then it's not worth the effort.
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Go_To said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

That's not counterintuitive at all. Regardless of the number of people that take part in it, it took about the same amount of time.
  • STShortySTShorty Member Posts: 102
    How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh outweigh the bad. I thought we’d get to see forever, but forever a gone away. It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.
  • BarnabasCollinsBarnabasCollins Member Posts: 145

Go_To said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

That's not counterintuitive at all. Regardless of the number of people that take part in it, it took about the same amount of time.
    And how much time and resources would it have taken to let people know a month or two ago that this was going to happen?
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

Is it like a vlookup in excel?
  • KRACETOSKRACETOS Member Posts: 76

Go_To said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

How about we simply shift the packages to the summoner market where people log in with kabam account and thus nullifies all the work involved in sorting IDs and usernames?
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Member Posts: 855 ★★★
    I stopped participating in Marvel Insider because clicking for points got old.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    KRACETOS said:

Go_To said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

How about we simply shift the packages to the summoner market where people log in with kabam account and thus nullifies all the work involved in sorting IDs and usernames?
    Because then they'd cost actual $$$ instead of Monopoly $$$.
  • DadMickDadMick Member Posts: 1
    Forum newb here, first post. Been playing MCOC since just about day 1 and never knew about Insider. I wish I had the chance to collect all the 2* champs you guys have. I have even paid for new champ 3* at $50 just so I can try and have one of each in my roster. It is my pet hate for KABAM that there was no way to get all the champs. And just as I find out it's gone...... oh well.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,099 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    DadMick said:

Forum newb here, first post. Been playing MCOC since just about day 1 and never knew about Insider. I wish I had the chance to collect all the 2* champs you guys have. I have even paid for new champ 3* at $50 just so I can try and have one of each in my roster. It is my pet hate for KABAM that there was no way to get all the champs. And just as I find out it's gone...... oh well.

I am impressed that you have been playing since Day 1 and have never made a forum post or comment before.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    DadMick said:

If you've been playing for more than 1 month you would have seen the annoying af in game mail that always got sent out telling us about marvel insider for the month. Nice try
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Member Posts: 182 ★★

I’m a Chief Data Officer and from my experience I don’t doubt you about the current state, but I don’t think it has to be that difficult. I would be willing to volunteer to help see if I could improve this process (and maybe other processes) to make the future state more efficient. I can’t create songs like Dave, draw like Cat or play like Seatin, but I can do this! And I’ll be in Vancouver for the competition in October too.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    I’m sure the idea by Marvel Insider was to draw attention to that from MCOC players, and ultimately generate more revenue for INSIDER.

Haven’t even participated in that, and don’t know how similar that Insider is to the Marvel Comics site where you can subscribe to reading Marvel Comics online (or are they even the same site I’m thinking of ?). But similarly, if that Comics Subscription service were to have some “tie-in” offers with MCOC, but in the end didn’t see any noticeable increase on their revenue or subscriptions, they would probably stop that “tie-in” too.

Perhaps too many people were simply “using” the Insider offers to get these items for their MCOC account, without any interest in actually spending time on INSIDER and spending money up there (or otherwise, being subjected to a lot of their Advertising, which also would generate revenue for Insider).
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★

Go_To said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

Uh? You are still contradicting yourself here
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★

I’m sure the idea by Marvel Insider was to draw attention to that from MCOC players, and ultimately generate more revenue for INSIDER.

Haven’t even participated in that, and don’t know how similar that Insider is to the Marvel Comics site where you can subscribe to reading Marvel Comics online (or are they even the same site I’m thinking of ?). But similarly, if that Comics Subscription service were to have some “tie-in” offers with MCOC, but in the end didn’t see any noticeable increase on their revenue or subscriptions, they would probably stop that “tie-in” too.

Perhaps too many people were simply “using” the Insider offers to get these items for their MCOC account, without any interest in actually spending time on INSIDER and spending money up there (or otherwise, being subjected to a lot of their Advertising, which also would generate revenue for Insider).

That's not at all how Insider works. You read articles, answer quiz questions, listen to podcasts, watch videos, do the event on Contest or play in certain events on Puzzle Quest or read comics on Marvel Unlimited and earn points that you can then spend on digital wallpapers for your device, game bundles for Marvel Puzzle Quest (or previously Contest, obviously), and other stuff. There's no money involved. It's completely free. You do as many or as few activities as you want. Point values for activities vary, but they all add up.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    edited August 2023

That's not at all how Insider works. You read articles, answer quiz questions, listen to podcasts, watch videos, do the event on Contest or play in certain events on Puzzle Quest or read comics on Marvel Unlimited and earn points that you can then spend on digital wallpapers for your device, game bundles for Marvel Puzzle Quest (or previously Contest, obviously), and other stuff. There's no money involved. It's completely free. You do as many or as few activities as you want. Point values for activities vary, but they all add up.
    Thx, didn’t know exactly what was involved. didn’t know how much stuff you actually had to do up there, or was it a “gateway” to getting you involved in other stuff, more than just doing the stuff for MCOC tie-in rewards.

But “Free” is relative.
    Are there obvious ads up there ?
    Even if not..
    Do the Podcasts have ads ? Or at least, would they lead you to maybe try other podcasts also, etc ?
    Privacy policy, can they use your data (in any form, incl, visits, cookies, tracking of your other websites, etc) and then sell that data to other companies (yes, as basically every company does that supposedly provides a free service, ie, name any top social media company, etc).

Basically, anything you do online, even if you do not technically spend actual money on it, is generating revenue somehow off of your use of their website, app, etc.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★

Thx, didn’t know exactly what was involved. didn’t know how much stuff you actually had to do up there, or was it a “gateway” to getting you involved in other stuff, more than just doing the stuff for MCOC tie-in rewards.

But “Free” is relative.
    Are there obvious ads up there ?
    Even if not..
    Do the Podcasts have ads ? Or at least, would they lead you to maybe try other podcasts also, etc ?
    Privacy policy, can they use your data (in any form, incl, visits, cookies, tracking of your other websites, etc) and then sell that data to other companies (yes, as basically every company does that supposedly provides a free service, ie, name any top social media company, etc).

Basically, anything you do online, even if you do not technically spend actual money on it, is generating revenue somehow off of your use of their website, app, etc.
    You got 55,000 points for completing the "proven" difficulty of EQ every month and 35,000 points for completing "conqueror" difficulty. All you have to do is log into the site, click the link for the correct "activity," and type in your in-game summoner name. The points would get added to your account within a few days. You could also read some additional articles or watch some videos for 250-1000 bonus points per pop. Occasionally I would find an interesting article that I would read about a show or comic or something that would grant me some extra bonus points.

There's a number of things you can spend the rewards on (including in game packages). There was a "starter" bundle with a package of 2* champs for 30,000 points, and a monthly "questing" bundle that had 3* champs, a few monthly event cav crystals, and some potions and energy refills for 125,000 points. You obviously couldn't afford to do that one every month.

You could also spend points on things that weren't game related. I have 3x MCOC accounts, so I also created 3 Marvel accounts so I could get credit for each of my accounts. One of the insider rewards was a free month subscription to Marvel Unlimited (normally $9.99/month) for 75k points, so completing the two EQ difficulties on auto fight every month gave perpetual free access.

It seems like the entire intention of the Insider program was to direct fans of one corner of Marvel (e.g. MCOC) to other Marvel content (comics, movies, art, collectables, etc). It seemed to do a pretty good job at that, as I often found myself going down a rabbit hole of Marvel articles and videos when I went to their site. Now that I think about it, Marvel Insider is how I discovered MCOC even existed back in 2014.