Poorly worded message about eq legend run

mmartin5817mmartin5817 Member Posts: 93
edited April 4 in General Discussion

I want to do the legend event but it’s just so poorly I’m not sure what I have to do to complete it. It first starts off by saying it will end starting in May. Why not just give the date? Then it says “Top 100 champions” who explore eq difficulties get the title. Why not refer to us as summoners or people. There are champions in game. Does that mean out of the 250+ champions that the summoners who are the first to use a particular champion for this quest then recieve the title or is it the first 100 summoners to explore it get the title. And while I’m on that subject the message says “Top 100 champions”. Top of what? Being first to complete it, get the most solos, use the most revives, die the most? “Top” doesn’t clarify anything regarding what you actually need to do for this challenge. Also, assuming it’s the first 100 summoners to explore those eq difficulties then why is the window of time to do it so big April 3- April 17? This also contradicts the very first sentence that “ it is coming to and an end starting in May.” It ends April 17. This is just a poorly worded message that doesn’t help me decide if I should go for or even how to go about getting this Legend title.

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,249 Guardian
    Ok, hmm.

Every month, there has been a specific in-game mail msg detailing what and when you have to do it.

Not sure if this msg here was in place of the normal beginning of month message about Legend Title from Timed Attack, or if it was in addition to. (Could have indeed been in place of what they normally send out).

As the msg states, you have to do 100% Explore of Proven and Conqueror levels of monthly EQ.
    The top 100 FASTEST people to do so, during the first 2 weeks of each month's new monthly EQ will qualify.
    (* that meaning, if you’re not familiar, being you have all of the 2 weeks to make your run, and the 100 people who ended up doing it the fastest will win).
    (*also being, timer starts the moment you first enter *either* the Proven or Conqueror level of the monthly quest, and timer ends at the moment you have fully 100% explored BOTH those difficulty levels).

It saying that it “comes to an end starting in May” means that next month's (May's) new event quests will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO DO THIS.

And it says April 17 because that is the end of the first 2 weeks worth of time that you have to do these Legend's runs each month,

Has nothing to do with specific “Champions” that have to be used, or fastest character champs like Hyperion vs Storm, etc. We are also referred to as a Champion sometimes in game, because we (as the character called Summoner) are a character that interacts with other champions in the game's dialog, etc.

That being said, to pull off a time (from start to finish) of around 2 hours does in fact limit your choices to a much smaller set of potential champs (with supporting synergy for damage) that most people tend to use to do this.

And before you ask further, the clock starts when you first enter, and clock stops when you have 100% both. It does NOT mean just the time duration dedicated to while you are actually fighting, or actually in the quest (bathroom breaks will count against you, there is no “pausing” the clock).

All said, if you’re first wondering about this, and newer to the game, you may not have a sufficiently high enough roster in order to compete with top 100 people that do this.
    Also severely depends on the speed and processing power of your device, etc.
  • AE_Inc1AE_Inc1 Member Posts: 27
    Hi all!

Before the event ends, I want to share my Legend Run guide: https://youtu.be/I1Nh_Sspzy0

It contains the optimal mastery setup, teams, and techniques I used to secure a FIRST-PLACE time (2:12)!

Here is the full run I did a couple months back (with the new quest format): https://youtu.be/DuOeh4zA4h4
This discussion has been closed.