Shocker MASSIVE nerf

Comments

• dannyrottendannyrotten Member Posts: 93
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Emilia90 said:

Pikolu said:

So is this confirmed to be intentional? I have an r2 shocker and a big reason I took him up was to have another maestro counter. Idk if I’d rank him down at r2 but to those who have him r3 like the post above mine it’s incredibly unfair. I think RDTs would be deserved.

Yes, it is 100% intentional that she should have never worked for the Maestro.
    Was this in the patchnotes/mentioned anywhere? It seems like everyone was unaware of this fix and I think they should’ve said this somewhere
    It was a live fix that happened last Friday. Didn't need the client to be updated so not hot fix but will be on the patch notes of the may update.
    So you’re saying this is official and there’s no issues? Pardon my naivety but are you representing kabam? Didn’t see it in your bio. Pardon if I missed it

I am a forum guardian and don't officially represent kabam, but I do talk with the devs a lot and share insights of conversations there with y'all to help shed light on situations like this.

Thanks for that. About the other part? Final? No issues?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Can anyone else not see Mike’s comment anymore?
  • BadMother2BadMother2 Member Posts: 33
    What did Miike say?
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Yes lol
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Kabam employees sometimes comment and then delete it but the tag still stays on the thread title in the list. I’m guessing whoever it was needed to revise the response. At least we know it’s in their radar going into the weekend.

What did Miike say?

Was kinda long but tldr:
    Miike and Jax didn’t know the change went live so they couldn’t warn us ahead of time.
    Because it’s not a direct nerf to shocker there are no plans for compensation at this time.
    Personally feel like compensation is warranted. I don’t have shocker ranked up but I feel for everyone that does. I know he’s still good, but I can already see the change effect battlegrounds a lot. Faced multiple players who didn’t draft a maestro counter and took shocker and got cooked

Emilia90 said:

What did Miike say?

Was kinda long but tldr:
    Miike and Jax didn’t know the change went live so they couldn’t warn us ahead of time.
    Because it’s not a direct nerf to shocker there are no plans for compensation at this time.
    Personally feel like compensation is warranted. I don’t have shocker ranked up but I feel for everyone that does. I know he’s still good, but I can already see the change effect battlegrounds a lot. Faced multiple players who didn’t draft a maestro counter and took shocker and got cooked
    RDTs are absolutely deserved. Being an unintentional mechanic or the fact that shocker directly was changed isn’t justification for no compensation. Now I at least know why they couldn’t communicate ahead of time, but it’s their mistake in their buggy game. Why should we be in the disadvantaged position for ranking up a champ that was shown to summoners differently?
    Agreed. I don’t know why he removed his comment but I think they should just give compensation for the lack of communication.
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

What did Miike say?

Was kinda long but tldr:
    RDTs are absolutely deserved. Being an unintentional mechanic or the fact that shocker directly was changed isn’t justification for no compensation. Now I at least know why they couldn’t communicate ahead of time, but it’s their mistake in their buggy game. Why should we be in the disadvantaged position for ranking up a champ that was shown to summoners differently?
    Agreed. I don’t know why he removed his comment but I think they should just give compensation for the lack of communication.
    He also had a paragraph there saying that his heavy being affected by armor was basically false info. Which isn’t true since there’s literally screenshots on the first page of this thread showing that. Maybe he wanted to reword or fact check what he was gonna say with that which is completely fair to do imo.
    Well the part about no compensation at the moment was removed. I think that’s the correct play👍
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

What did Miike say?

Was kinda long but tldr:
    This is a very rare case when I think at least a conversation about rdts should be happening. This is the second time shockers heavy damage has been changed since his first debut. First the change from the deep dive damage that got some people and this one that hurts alot more.
    Yeah I remember that. I obviously didn’t have shocker at the time so I didn’t really pay attention to what happened then. I remember people saying his damage was lowered, but then his buff increased the damage so I basically forgot about it. This is entirely different though

Well the part about no compensation at the moment was removed. I think that’s the correct play👍

Agreed. I think that would be in bad taste and hopefully whatever discussions they have next week lead to compensation, especially for the people who ranked him as a 7* specifically for this

I think they’ve been on a roll recently and this would be a weird hill to die on
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★

Hey all,

I've spent a lot of today trying to track down exactly what happened and why.

First, I want to apologize for this fix going live without notice. We (Jax and I) were not aware of it, so we were not able to tell you about it before it happened. We've found the communications breakdown here and are working to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

This situation was caused by a Bug that went live late last year. This was not live when Shocker was released, or when he was going through his balance process. The gist of it is that glancing was measuring the opponent's attack too soon and was thus reducing it by too little if Champion's Attack rating was also being increased at the exact same time, which is the case with Shocker.

This was a bug fix that affected Glancing, and not a direct change to Shocker. It also does not affect Shocker's effectiveness against other Enemies. I know we've seen some folks talking about his damage changing against Champions with Armor Ups applied, and that should not be the case. We are keeping an eye out for that, but I think that this was a false flag.

I know that this affected Shocker directly, and there will be more conversations about him in the near future, but it is the end of the day on Friday, and it won't happen until early next week. I will be personally ensuring that we keep an eye on him, and especially his usage.

Once again, I am very sorry that this bug fix went out without any communication. That should not have happened, and we will work to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So will this be undone or will we be provided with rank down tickets?