What’s happening with AI?

Comments

• Thedarkhalf2001Thedarkhalf2001 Member Posts: 16
    I had AI parry a relic this weekend

Also saw that NF has developed a resist in his second life that keeps him from taking a heavy attack (like Doom when his aura is up)

Good times.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★

I had AI parry a relic this weekend

Also saw that NF has developed a resist in his second life that keeps him from taking a heavy attack (like Doom when his aura is up)

Good times.

How is that possible lol. Maybe they should make strikers unblockable
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    Cuber2906 said:

was fighting 8.3 antivenom boss. the combo hit speed was faster than my dexing. like i kept swiping back but even then the combo hits me. Also against antivenom and warlock, it feels like if they want to him me more than 5 times but cannot due to the 5 hit limitation, so they just dash back and dash forward within the time my attacker recovers frm the combo and continue hitting. it legit feels like warlock is made up of rubber or something.

This has been going on for a while, Kabam doesn't care about this. I've complained about these attacks stretch across the screen, you end up getting clipped even you if start the dex earlier than expected. They expect to chew the unit. You're left figuring it out. It's a waste of time for them to bother with this.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 326 ★★★

Cuber2906 said:

was fighting 8.3 antivenom boss. the combo hit speed was faster than my dexing. like i kept swiping back but even then the combo hits me. Also against antivenom and warlock, it feels like if they want to him me more than 5 times but cannot due to the 5 hit limitation, so they just dash back and dash forward within the time my attacker recovers frm the combo and continue hitting. it legit feels like warlock is made up of rubber or something.

This has been going on for a while, Kabam doesn't care about this. I've complained about these attacks stretch across the screen, you end up getting clipped even you if start the dex earlier than expected. They expect to chew the unit. You're left figuring it out. It's a waste of time for them to bother with this.
    So just chill as FTP I suppose, spend time and money to do other stuffs
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    edited September 9
    Yep… just lost a war fight trying to punish a special, AI in the middle of the first special animation, triggered another special while my foot was in his damn face… and of course every hit crit and I went from full health to dead….

Seriously when will AI recovery time ever be addressed.??? It’s these bugs that make us think you don’t care. Plenty of time to nerf Kingpin and Taskmaster but god forbid that the AI has to finish animations before moving to the next one.

There’s like 6-8 sales events a year now… maybe just maybe fix the fighting elements of a fighting game with some it and stop pushing RPG collecting so dang hard.

• ElthanElthan Member Posts: 93 ★★
    So, after that very long chit chat between the devs, what are their observations / conclusions? What development can we expect for the next months?

@KabamDORK
  • BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Member Posts: 85 ★★
    I can confirm relic strikers are being parried. Happened numerous times.
    They don’t care or can’t fix it are the only conclusions that makes sense. AI frameskipping and recovery time causing super human **** gets worse every update and it’s agnostic of device.
    Hit the block at your own risk even if it’s a design ask.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
    The people complaining the loudest about nothing being done yet would also be the first in line to loudly complain if the fix is rushed out and causes other issues. Kabam are damned if they do and damned if they don't. All because certain couch experts seem to think that this is a bug fix akin to adding a missing semi-colon.
    edited September 18
    That sounds like analysis paralysis. Disappointing that we are still there months later.

Why leave things like defender parry active if it lets defenders reparry when they shouldn’t?

Like not all things that could be done are gonna have the butterfly effect attached to it. It’s been months if not years on some of this stuff…
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 325
    edited 12:10AM
    I have had two new ones now.

One is in a War where a Rintrah was so quick recovering from a parry that you could not even do a parry heavy.

The other is the AI now dashing back if you place a falter on it, then intercepting you when you dash. Even had one in practice where the AI actually dexed twice a dash forward.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,207 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

That sounds like analysis paralysis. Disappointing that we are still there months later.

Why leave things like defender parry active if it lets defenders reparry when they shouldn’t?

Like not all things that could be done are gonna have the butterfly effect attached to it. It’s been months if not years on some of this stuff…

I don't think you understand how this works judging by what you just said
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★

I have had two new ones now.

One is in a War where a Rintrah was so quick recovering from a parry that you could not even do a parry heavy.

The other is the AI now dashing back if you place a falter on it, then intercepting you when you dash. Even had one in practice where the AI actually dexed twice a dash forward.

At some point you have to realize these aren’t bugs, they are features. Someone is clearly programming in very logical counters to player action.

It’s so obvious that I’m shocked people are calling these bugs.

Cuber2906 said:

Right back at ya, the same to you
    edited 4:01AM
    ahmynuts said:

BigBlueOx said:

I don't think you understand how this works judging by what you just said
    Yeah… shame on me for thinking the people who turn our masteries off routinely might have that ability to isolate and turnoff a master that is causing outcomes they can’t control. So silly of me 🙄

Or maybe if they do turn off that one mastery, it might not cause a cascading series of events that results in Armageddon. Yep no idea what a butterfly effect is or about how things happen in game…

Glad we have experts like you to say nothing of value though
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Recent favorite: you try to neutral intercept, the defender dexes last second and hits you instead, or even better, straight up light intercepts you
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    I am so over the "I dash back early, then the AI dashs well after but somehow catches me" routine

Cuber2906 said:

So we can see here Dave is pretty straight forward about the process of fixing this bug. That’s why I like him and Pinwheel way more than Jax especially Miike before, who just tried to shut down our mouth and never give an appropriate communication. However, it is clear that the bad news here is this is either a very complicated bug that is probably impossible to fix, or something intentional which Dave is not allow to share anyway. So, just be happy with the current state of the game, accept it and enjoy in your own pace
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 323 ★★★
    edited 7:16AM
    This has to be one of the most insulting and transparent excuses from Kabam. They’ve been throwing around the same meaningless “we’re investigating the issue” line for months, maybe even years. This is the exact same nonsense that’s been regurgitated by their CMs in the past. Let’s be real – it’s not an investigation, it’s a stall tactic. They’re just stringing players along, hoping you’ll eventually give up and stop asking. This isn’t some complex, unsolvable mystery; if they had any real intention of fixing it, it would’ve been done ages ago. The truth is they don’t care and they think you’re too dumb to notice. Stop waiting for them to do anything. Face it, they’re deliberately ignoring the issue.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,694 ★★★★★

This has to be one of the most insulting and transparent excuses from Kabam. They’ve been throwing around the same meaningless “we’re investigating the issue” line for months, maybe even years. This is the exact same nonsense that’s been regurgitated by their CMs in the past. Let’s be real – it’s not an investigation, it’s a stall tactic. They’re just stringing players along, hoping you’ll eventually give up and stop asking. This isn’t some complex, unsolvable mystery; if they had any real intention of fixing it, it would’ve been done ages ago. The truth is they don’t care and they think you’re too dumb to notice. Stop waiting for them to do anything. Face it, they’re deliberately ignoring the issue.

Honestly go and apply for. A job at Kabam and fixed it yourself since you’re talking nonsense sense a AI iusse can’t just be fixed by code without another AI iusse may bust out to
  • IRQIRQ Member Posts: 322 ★★
    Have anybody else's ability to parry dropped recently, like in over half of the cases you aren't even holding block at all, let alone time it? Asking for no reason.

Cuber2906 said:

So we can see here Dave is pretty straight forward about the process of fixing this bug. That’s why I like him and Pinwheel way more than Jax especially Miike before, who just tried to shut down our mouth and never give an appropriate communication. However, it is clear that the bad news here is this is either a very complicated bug that is probably impossible to fix, or something intentional which Dave is not allow to share anyway. So, just be happy with the current state of the game, accept it and enjoy in your own pace
    I agree with how’s dork doing things. My response is to your comment how we should be taking a break from the game which u can do yourself as well.

Cuber2906 said:

I agree with how’s dork doing things. My response is to your comment how we should be taking a break from the game which u can do yourself as well.
    I already step back for a while since I realized they can’t or don’t want to fix it. They own the game and we own our decision is this worth to pursue the game with the current situation like this. What we need and deserve here is a CLEAR AND TRANSPARENT answer, which we got here from Dork, I just hate the way before when Miike and Jax couldn’t control and give any comments they just closed the thread lol! Very bad customer service
  • Rob0001Rob0001 Member Posts: 34
    Elthan said:

That was only 2 days ago....

This just made my day. Thanks man
  • IRQIRQ Member Posts: 322 ★★
    I just got wiped four times in a row on a Ebb&Flow: Intercept in a war because the opponent made a dash light attack every single time. When a player gets knocked down it's game over because AI will strike perfectly in the frame before we gain the control of character back and just chain ad infinitum yet we have less and less time to follow any opening since it just ignores the animation backswing, to the point of sometimes going straight from model laying on the ground to a special attack. It overrides player's special attacks with its own. It's quickly moving from silly and annoying to borderline unplayable as it's not doing things faster than player can react to anymore, it's doing things player's character is straight physically unable to.

90% of issues would be solved by adding a 0,1s input delay to certain situations. But hey, take your time analyzing the problem, we can wait another five years.