**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Wars Seasons Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    BronxHugethBronxHugeth Posts: 36
    @Kabam Miike can you give some insight on how matchmaking will work? This is what will help alliances gradually move up the leaderboard and not get stuck because lower alliances are facing top level alliances.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    My guess is this is how they fix war matchmaking to go back to just war rating and not factoring in prestige as well. This way shell alliances get penalized.

they already removed prestige from matchmaking last week ... matchmaking back to being nice and fast
  • Options
    DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    edited January 2018
    v0q7xzfmhplv.png
    yni9tpf9sgpm.png

Is this graphic correct? On the rewards Image there was masters rank1-3 and another master level below that

• Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

Donyb wrote: »
    To become eligible for the season rewards do you have to stay with an alliance from the very beginning of the season?

You must complete 5 Wars with that Alliance before the end of the Season. If you leave the Alliance after completing 5 Wars, and then come back, that does not count. The counter resets every time you leave an Alliance.

So, what would prevent a top alliance hypothetically from going undefeated through let's say the first 7 weeks and then stopping and holding knowing that there would be a very small chance for other alliances to catch them?

Then they would stop getting points and other alliances who keep doing wars would pass them on the leaderboard.

Or after about 4 weeks of wars I am pretty sure my alliance will have the ins and outs of the points and know what we can and cannot do. Even if top 3 cannot be guaranteed we can plan for top 20. ;)

You obviously haven't read the scoring system even losing wars gains you points so stopping wars has no benefit
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Two questions @Kabam Miike

First, in relation to the question by @TheOneAndOnly , my reading is that the rank is based on overall points. So if one alliance goes 7-0 in 7 wars and another ally in same tier goes 7-7 in same tier, the 7-7 ally should theoretically be ahead. That 7-7 ally would get points from those 7 losses that the other ally didn’t get. Am I missing something here?

Second, is my understanding of points correct? So in another hypothetical, an ally that goes 7-0 in all three bg wars will score more points than an ally that goes 7-0 in all two bg wars?
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike are u going to respond to any of the negative comments? Rich get richer, spending to win etc. I dont think this is fair at all. Brackets should be bigger!
  • Options
    MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    Love the overall concept but I’m hugely disappointed that only the top 300 alliances will get the most valuable resources in game. We’re currently in tier 2 and only 850th in war rating. This is such a tiny minority of your player base with access to these rewards.

Kinda feels like you scored an own goal with this one Kabam.
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    So alliances will basically be required to do 3bg wars in order to have any chance at a decent rank. With the points being 50k + your alliance score, that extra bg is going to give around a 40% boost in points.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »

First, in relation to the question by @TheOneAndOnly , my reading is that the rank is based on overall points. So if one alliance goes 7-0 in 7 wars and another ally in same tier goes 7-7 in same tier, the 7-7 ally should theoretically be ahead. That 7-7 ally would get points from those 7 losses that the other ally didn’t get. Am I missing something here?

Second, is my understanding of points correct? So in another hypothetical, an ally that goes 7-0 in all three bg wars will score more points than an ally that goes 7-0 in all two bg wars?

yes and yes
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    How long will each season last? Will these rewards be distributed after season 1 ends, or will it be at the end of season 2?

It says in the announcement feb 7 to April 4
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Great addition to the game and adds the much needed competitiveness to alliance wars/CoC as a whole that was missing before. Question about the new tier 1-3, I know that it states .1% for tier one, .2 - .5% for tier two, .6-.1% for tier three but realistically what ranks are those right now in the leaderboard? Like is .1% of all alliances currently the top 25 or what not. Important to know this now before season kicks off.
  • Options

You're correct on both counts. In your first hypothetical, the Alliance that Goes 7-0 will get the points for the 7 wars, plus 50,000 points for each win, while the second Alliance will get the points for 14 wars, and their 7 wins.

Same with the second hypothetical. Your alliance will earn more points for running more Battlegroups, so you're more likely to get more points than an Alliance only running 1 or 2 Battlegroups.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Very excited for this! Players have been asking for increased AW rewards for some time and Kabam has clearly responded to that feedback. Will Kabam be monitoring which players are logging in to multiple accounts from the same location? The new AW rewards may cause some alliances to have their best players play multiple alliance members accounts. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Are you locked into the season bracket at the start of the season? e.g I'm in master bracket and loose all wars the worst case would be finishing 20th in master or is there promotion/relegation throughout season?

If so are you aware of your current standing in bracket?
  • Options
    Are synergies in AW still going to be broken when this starts?
  • Options
    Bertyb1984 wrote: »
    Are you locked into the season bracket at the start of the season? e.g I'm in master bracket and loose all wars the worst case would be finishing 20th in master or is there promotion/relegation throughout season?

If so are you aware of your current standing in bracket?

Your Bracket is completely Fluid. You could be in Silver 1, then finish a War that propels you into Gold 3. Then your next war could push you further up, or drop you back down. The Leaderboard will help you determine where you are.
  • Options
    How long will each season last? Will these rewards be distributed after season 1 ends, or will it be at the end of season 2?

It says in the announcement feb 7 to April 4

Doesnt answer the question bout rewards
  • Options
    KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    @Kabam Miike
    All sounds good and fun.
    But with this update does it also contain a fix for matchmaking? As last 10 wars we got 8 times 1.5+ million stronger opponents
  • Options
    Donyb wrote: »
    v0q7xzfmhplv.png
    yni9tpf9sgpm.png

Is this graphic correct? On the rewards Image there was masters rank1-3 and another master level below that

Yes, There are special Rewards for those Alliances that place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall in the Season.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Legend wrote: »
    My thread got closed down so here goes my main concern again. Piloting needs to be stopped.

The new seasons mode looks great, rewards are juiced up and Kabam are delivering the resources we’ve been asking for. That’s the good part. Now the bad...

Kabam need to ensure that this mode is fair. And they need to monitor it. Piloting in war is as common as ever. Matchmaking as rigged as ever with alliances purposefully avoiding each other. These problems mean that the distribution of the most prestigious rewards in game will not be fairly distributed. This is exploiting the game and should be punishable.

Piloting?
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    Legend wrote: »
    My thread got closed down so here goes my main concern again. Piloting needs to be stopped.

The new seasons mode looks great, rewards are juiced up and Kabam are delivering the resources we’ve been asking for. That’s the good part. Now the bad...

Kabam need to ensure that this mode is fair. And they need to monitor it. Piloting in war is as common as ever. Matchmaking as rigged as ever with alliances purposefully avoiding each other. These problems mean that the distribution of the most prestigious rewards in game will not be fairly distributed. This is exploiting the game and should be punishable.

Piloting?

Account sharing
  • Options
    RajhpRajhp Posts: 27
    Are these rewards weekly or once per season (2 month)??