**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Chris9 wrote: »
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Maidril wrote: »
    Love the guardians soundtracks. About half the music at my wedding was prob from those. Didn’t go unnoticed by my groomsmen 😂.

So are all the Kabam employees in alliances together? If not, do your alliance members know your secret identities

I have the first GotG soundtrack on vinyl AND tape cassette.

As for alliances, it's all over the place.

1) I see that Adora_ and Kabam Miike have the “flag” option, are you on user/non-admin accounts? I thought mods didn’t have the flag option. Not that I would, of course

2) Adora_, what does that mean? That mods use their own server to play alliance wars or are mixed in with general public.

I am going to resist the urge to ask if you pilot (kidding, of course!). I assume you did not give money back to your employer by spending money in the game ;)

1) We're admins, I don't think the flag option works for us even if you see it. Not really sure.

2) There is no separate server, we have to play the same as anyone else. And like anyone, we can choose to be a free to play player, or spend in the game - but we get zero free stuff in the game. We have a very STRICT rule where no one gets anything for free at all, ever. When people start working here, it sometimes catches them off guard because most companies in the games industry gives discounts or free copies of their game to staff. But with a FTP game like this, it's a bit different. It's really important to us that our staff experience the game the exact same way that our players do. With no discounts, or shortcuts, or anything. So yeah, a bunch of us do give $ back to our employer!
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    Ubersoul wrote: »
    Also since your answering questions, we haven't seen an update on domino's block break assuming its unintentional will that be in 19.0? That is a very detrimental as you can see in BG's war video and can be very expensive if it happens in war.

We don't have a fix for that just yet, because we've been having trouble reproducing that particular bug in house. I do watch a lot of Brian Grant's videos, but haven't seen that one. If you could send it our way, I would really appreciate it!

Do you remember back when Black Widow and Crossbones could block break (patched out the day after I 5/50'd Black Widow)? I wonder if Domino is treating block as a defensive ability and reducing it's ability accuracy just like Black Widow and Crossbones used to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike , @Ad0ra_ can you give us a small peek on how this actually goes about?

What I mean is, when a server issue happens, do you guys get a message saying to come back to work ASAP?
    Couldn't you guys handle this remotely, and only the server admin(s) are the ones that should be at the office (assuming it is a hardware issue, and not a software issue where they can also work through remotely)?

It's usually a text message that I get first, and if I don't answer right away, a phone call. When I get a phone call during off hours I KNOW something is up.

For tonight though, we were already still here when this first started going down. Technically, we could be engaging with you guys remotely right now, but we were already here. And Miike and I bounce stuff off of each other when we are at our desks.

What kinds of things bounce off Miike the best?

Hahaha.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Deadpool is escaping the servers....hey come back here!ao96b06dph6f.gif

LMAO
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    Love the guardians soundtracks. About half the music at my wedding was prob from those. Didn’t go unnoticed by my groomsmen 😂.

So are all the Kabam employees in alliances together? If not, do your alliance members know your secret identities

1) I see that Adora_ and Kabam Miike have the “flag” option, are you on user/non-admin accounts? I thought mods didn’t have the flag option. Not that I would, of course

2) Adora_, what does that mean? That mods use their own server to play alliance wars or are mixed in with general public.

I am going to resist the urge to ask if you pilot (kidding, of course!). I assume you did not give money back to your employer by spending money in the game ;)

1) We're admins, I don't think the flag option works for us even if you see it. Not really sure.

2) There is no separate server, we have to play the same as anyone else. And like anyone, we can choose to be a free to play player, or spend in the game - but we get zero free stuff in the game. We have a very STRICT rule where no one gets anything for free at all, ever. When people start working here, it sometimes catches them off guard because most companies in the games industry gives discounts or free copies of their game to staff. But with a FTP game like this, it's a bit different. It's really important to us that our staff experience the game the exact same way that our players do. With no discounts, or shortcuts, or anything. So yeah, a bunch of us do give $ back to our employer!

Awesome. Well, everyone likes perks, but I really respect that ethic.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    I'm still very sour about the gold pool crystals/arena. But I am LOVING this post. Lol.
    This has to be the coolest thread ever lol
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Ad0ra and Mike what champions would you like to see added to the game? I’m waiting on Silver Surfer and Apocalypse.

Hrrrrm. I would love 90's Cartoon Storm. Squirrel Girl would be rad. Jubilee! Shuri from Black Panther. Valkyrie from Thor.

Please please reach out to the development team and tell them we want, no DEMAND Jubilee
    Hmm starting to see a bias against the men of marvel tsk tsk

We need more female champions in the game.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Romo790 wrote: »
    Not marvel related but it's almost midnight here so what the hell.
    Was anyone else annoyed to find out logan didn't die when William stripped him naked, tied him to a horse and sent them out into the desert during season 1 of westworld? I felt like that ruined a great moment in the origin story of the man in black.

Great show... And, no, that would not have been good because breaking a man's body is not good enough. You need to destroy mind (i.e.rock bottom, suffering) before destroying the body.
    ShadeZero wrote: »
    I'm still very sour about the gold pool crystals/arena. But I am LOVING this post. Lol.

I wouldn't say I'm bitter about the Crystals myself. Moreso frustrated I didn't get him. Thousands of Units. RNGesus didn't hear my prayer. Lol.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Yo what did uber do to you?? Ha get it. Do canada have uber?
  • Hey Miike/Ad0ra
    Since I know you guys both play, and since Kabam staff members can’t qualify for legend titles, can you guys grind for champs? Like, can you get a featured 5*, or is that against company policy? If it isn’t, have you ever done it? What champ did ya do it for?

Thanks for having these types of conversations with us!

Edit: Autocorrected Ad0ra to Adorbs. My bad for not catching that at time of post!

So, Kabam Employees aren't restricted from going for Legends Titles. There are certain ones that we aren't allowed to go for (Act 4, Act 5, Realm of Legends, Labyrinth, or anything that they have any insider knowledge of or were involved with). We do have a few Arena grinders in the Studio, but I have to say that I am not one of them. I have gotten a few of the Basics (Cap WW2, Cable, X-23), but Arena is just not my thing.

I go for Milestones in the 5-Star Featured Arena, but not much more.
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    ShadeZero wrote: »

I'm sorry man :( Or woman. But yeah - we are definitely sorry. This super sucks. No, it uber sucks. It's the damn worst.

I think he meant the terribly disappointing rewards in it
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Kade7175 wrote: »

I think Canadian Uber sends a moose to give you a ride
    Hey Miike/Ad0ra
    Since I know you guys both play, and since Kabam staff members can’t qualify for legend titles, can you guys grind for champs? Like, can you get a featured 5*, or is that against company policy? If it isn’t, have you ever done it? What champ did ya do it for?

Edit: Autocorrected Ad0ra to Adorbs. My bad for not catching that at time of post!

So, Kabam Employees aren't restricted from going for Legends Titles. There are certain ones that we aren't allowed to go for (Act 4, Act 5, Realm of Legends, Labyrinth, or anything that they have any insider knowledge of or were involved with). We do have a few Arena grinders in the Studio, but I have to say that I am not one of them. I have gotten a few of the Basics (Cap WW2, Cable, X-23), but Arena is just not my thing.

Whoa ! Y'all can't become Uncollected !!??
    We have Uber. There was a huge uproar from Taxi Companies a while back. Some went undercover to bust them. There are laws protecting Uber now.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

Flagged you just for the hell of it and it said “you can’t flag a moderator’s post” lol
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Favorite marvel movie is Iron Man 2
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Trying to get an answer on this new thing you all are doing with Dr. Strange in new update? Something about one of his buffs being removed and turned into a passive ability? Since I just woke up, and game is still down can a mod elaborate on what this will actually look like in game please?
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Well I think i speak for everyone when I say that's to Mike and adora thanks for all the updates and banter however it is not really your guys fault but you are the ones who get blamed if I was you guys I would be leaving the I.t guys some nasty e-mails and texts for the total cock up
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    Hey Miike/Ad0ra

That's not what he said.. he said he couldn't act 5 legend run

OHHHHHHHHHHH I seeeeeeee well oops that's a very dumb question on my behalf 😂😂😂
    Monasou wrote: »

I think Canadian Uber sends a moose to give you a ride

Noo doot abootit.
    We don't all talk like that, eh?
    ;)
  • D2sickD2sick Posts: 5
    Dont u find it ridiculous that emergency maintenance changed to "scheduled"?
  • Ubersoul wrote: »
    Ubersoul wrote: »
    Also since your answering questions, we haven't seen an update on domino's block break assuming its unintentional will that be in 19.0? That is a very detrimental as you can see in BG's war video and can be very expensive if it happens in war.

We don't have a fix for that just yet, because we've been having trouble reproducing that particular bug in house. I do watch a lot of Brian Grant's videos, but haven't seen that one. If you could send it our way, I would really appreciate it!

https://youtu.be/3gsmxm9WzNk?t=3m10s
    Also pmd you it

Thank you! I'll make sure that this is seen by the team.
    D2sick wrote: »
    Dont u find it ridiculous that emergency maintenance changed to "scheduled"?

Well, from what I gather, the server went down on Google's end. Now that they themselves have access, they likely have to work on it to ensure it's in order before we play.
  • Namelez wrote: »
    Hey Miike/Ad0ra

Oh no, we can become Uncollected! We just couldn't go for the Legends title for those.
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Romo790 wrote: »
    Not marvel related but it's almost midnight here so what the hell.
    Was anyone else annoyed to find out logan didn't die when William stripped him naked, tied him to a horse and sent them out into the desert during season 1 of westworld? I felt like that ruined a great moment in the origin story of the man in black.

Great show... And, no, that would not have been good because breaking a man's body is not good enough. You need to destroy mind (i.e.rock bottom, suffering) before destroying the body.

Logans mind was definitely destroyed after that. Lol
    I have to rewatch season 2 because it blew my mind to find out that hale has been Dolores for most of the season.
This discussion has been closed.