**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BG Rewards and Banquet timing

GameChanger12GameChanger12 Posts: 43
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
Hello Kabam

Will BG season rewards be released in time for players to join a new alliance and be eligible to participate in the Banquet event at all? I'm sorry but the timing and lag of pushing out BG rewards compared to the Banquet event seems like some players have to decide between 1 or the other. That's simply awful to the players and also bad for Kabam as some spenders may simply not spend if they can't get both but desire to leave.

For the record, I'm not leaving. I'm a leader of a longstanding alliance so it won't impact my account outside of potentially only 29 eligible to contribute instead of 30 kind of thing but am concerned for anyone coming or going.

Please advise, and if there is already a thread started about this concern can you please direct me that way and I can read what was already posted.

Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    If you wanna leave the alliance before banquet event, you have to sacrifice BGs season rewards. There's no way around it, rewards will not come out before the holiday event starts
  • I am confident that none of this is anything that you want to hear, but here it goes…
    The community team is off the weekend. You can tag them all you want on Saturdays and Sundays, but they’re not going to answer because they aren’t there. You’re just senselessly spamming them.
    Second, they gave time for people to make changes. They announced dates for the banquet last month with enough time for players to change alliances and still receive BG rewards in their new alliance and participate in the banquet for rewards. It wasn’t the most time in the world, but communication was out in time. AW rewards were received 12/7 and the final week of BG didn’t start until 12/12, and AQ was off on 12/9-10. Any players that wanted to receive rewards from all things and also switch alliances had that window of time, which is more than the extra 24 hours than you’re asking for, to make their move without sacrificing anything aside from potentially landing in an alliance with less BG points. There’s no “reasonable compromise” to make when reasonable notice was given and a reasonable window of time already existed. You can’t wait until the last minute and expect to be able to do everything you want, as much as it may suck.

Here is the single biggest problem with your post. Why should players have to forgo rewards they contributed to for a new alliance with less BG contributions? Many people spend in the game, and many would have spent for 1 alliance not to receive the rewards. Just receiving rewards vs the rewards players contributed mostly to are 2 different things.
  • I am confident that none of this is anything that you want to hear, but here it goes…
    The community team is off the weekend. You can tag them all you want on Saturdays and Sundays, but they’re not going to answer because they aren’t there. You’re just senselessly spamming them.
    Second, they gave time for people to make changes. They announced dates for the banquet last month with enough time for players to change alliances and still receive BG rewards in their new alliance and participate in the banquet for rewards. It wasn’t the most time in the world, but communication was out in time. AW rewards were received 12/7 and the final week of BG didn’t start until 12/12, and AQ was off on 12/9-10. Any players that wanted to receive rewards from all things and also switch alliances had that window of time, which is more than the extra 24 hours than you’re asking for, to make their move without sacrificing anything aside from potentially landing in an alliance with less BG points. There’s no “reasonable compromise” to make when reasonable notice was given and a reasonable window of time already existed. You can’t wait until the last minute and expect to be able to do everything you want, as much as it may suck.

Here is the single biggest problem with your post. Why should players have to forgo rewards they contributed to for a new alliance with less BG contributions? Many people spend in the game, and many would have spent for 1 alliance not to receive the rewards. Just receiving rewards vs the rewards players contributed mostly to are 2 different things.
    Here is the single biggest problem with your post. You choose what rewards you want to get. If BG rewards are more important than banquet rewards to you, then you've made that decision. If BG rewards weren't as important to you, then you would have moved last week where you still could have gotten slightly worse BG rewards, but then you'll get banquet rewards as well.
  • Pikolu said:

I am confident that none of this is anything that you want to hear, but here it goes…

Here is the single biggest problem with your post. You choose what rewards you want to get. If BG rewards are more important than banquet rewards to you, then you've made that decision. If BG rewards weren't as important to you, then you would have moved last week where you still could have gotten slightly worse BG rewards, but then you'll get banquet rewards as well.
    Why should it be a choice though?!?! Why should any sacrifices have to be made because of scheduling? Just change the schedule or change the restrictions. I absolutely support the intent of the restrictions set forth by kabam based on previous gifting events but considering this set of circumstances I think they can do something both for the community and their own revenue stream. The scheduling is a lose-lose for both the player base and Kabam jointly. I also am not switching either so it doesn't impact me personally
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

I am confident that none of this is anything that you want to hear, but here it goes…

That's not entirely true. The forum is still monitored in some capacity. They are there i some capacity deleting posts and merging threads. They just don't bother responding most of the time cause most of Kabam is off for the weekend. So barring game emergencies there is nobody for them to talk to.
    Do you work?.. if u do work you don't have an obligation to do anything on your days off .
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

Hello Kabam

Will BG season rewards be released in time for players to join a new alliance and be eligible to participate in the Banquet event at all? I'm sorry but the timing and lag of pushing out BG rewards compared to the Banquet event seems like some players have to decide between 1 or the other. That's simply awful to the players and also bad for Kabam as some spenders may simply not spend if they can't get both but desire to leave.

For the record, I'm not leaving. I'm a leader of a longstanding alliance so it won't impact my account outside of potentially only 29 eligible to contribute instead of 30 kind of thing but am concerned for anyone coming or going.

Please advise, and if there is already a thread started about this concern can you please direct me that way and I can read what was already posted.

Thank you.

Probably no it won't, past 2 seasons it's always delayed due to cheaters. though I hope bg season rewards come before the 25th so I can become Paragon before the Holiday gift card drops
  • Amit_690Amit_690 Posts: 17
    @Kabam Miike Sir please respond.
    In my alliance 2-3 players will took a break due to their exams and 1 player is leaving because of health issues after the BG rewards, So we goona need to replace them with new members but Timing of Bg rewards and Banquet event will ruin this. If BG rewards rolled out late like last time then they couldn't able to participate in the Banquet event.
    So please please do something on this.
  • Maybe be grateful that aw season is not involved?
    Not really sure what op expects here, aside from saying kabam should throw away the schedule they set down ages ago because a few people like to hop alliances without bearing any consequences.

Be grateful??? Be grateful that Kabam doesn't make the player base spend time, units, oftentimes money on events to literally get nothing for? Come on now.

Let's be honest though. This issue hurts their revenue stream more than it hurts the player base if they don't do anything. If players have less rewards potential they are less likely to spend as much. That's just simple logic. The gifting and now banquet events are definitely big revenue generators for Kabam and there is nothing wrong with that either. Without revenue, there isn't a game. For most players, why give up on arguably the best rewards available in BG for an event that costs units/cash? They absolutely can recognize this circumstance and adjust the rolling restriction or figure out something so players can freely switch alliances if they so choose and participate in the banquet event. Just because something was not considered before doesn't mean they have to double down and just stay status quo when more things come to light.

The main point of the post is to get clarification. It was, in fact, directly addressed to kabam. Secondary is making sure they didn't overlook a key angle in all this. I'm not assuming they did or didn't, but if they did and already decided what to do all they need to do is clarify what the players can expect whether good or bad. If they didn't, they can think things through more and potentially make an adjustment. I'm not expecting anything more than clarification but this whole mantra of criticism towards players changing alliances or having to choose between sets of rewards for things they participated in (or will) just isn't OK either from the player base.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Rewards take time to dish out mainly because they have to weed out all the modders and cheaters and fix the leaderboard. If you want to blame someone.....blame them for rewards delay. If everyone played the game straight up we wouldn't have these issues.
  • frodo2377 said:

Rewards take time to dish out mainly because they have to weed out all the modders and cheaters and fix the leaderboard. If you want to blame someone.....blame them for rewards delay. If everyone played the game straight up we wouldn't have these issues.

Without question the cheats ruin things for all and the frauds are the reason to even need the rolling 14 day restriction window
  • Jefechuta said:

Im just gonna stick with the fam that said some facts, Kabam announced events dates way before, so If as the other fam said, you should have picked a Alliance to stay while you wait for the Banquet, if you want to change alliances for different events then Its your problem, there is a time limit for the participation in each Alliance Event so you dont do this kind of stuff to maximize your rewards by switching alliances in each event.

You want all the rewards? Get in an serious alliance that does most of the stuff you want, If you wanna keep switching alliances then be aware of the consequences, which are basically not getting all the stuff that you want.

Alliances are not meant for your personal benefit, are meant to have 30 allies that help each other to get the best rewards in the Alliance stuff like AW, AQ, Alliance Events and so on.

If you stayed in that Alliance for the BG, then as the other dude said, you value more the BG rewards than the Banquet ones, as easy as that.

1) Why does it even need to be a choice? The fact that there is overlap and sacrifices should send up red flags.

2) In my specific isolated instance, it's a long time officer who unexpectedly got an offer to be in a p1/2 alliance and those don't exactly grow on trees. This officer will gladly be welcomed back if he doesn't like playing at that level of war. But my alliance is stable and 1 of how many thousands of alliances and we don't just think about our own circumstances but overall the community as a collective whole.

People keep going back to what was communicated on timelines and should have chosen 1 for all. How do you know if the alliance you join works out? Turnover happens for a million different reasons, many of which were unforeseen, and can be both voluntary and involuntary. Maybe some people are getting a surprise boot despite finishing everything timely and had no deaths all war season. Some get better opportunities. That's life.

For the record, I've also reached out to a couple YouTube players who have asked the same question to @Kabam Miike directly and have not yet received a response at the time of this post (or haven't checked in to see a pending response in the last few hours). If people have questions, it's fair to expect a response.

The funny thing about those throwing shade at the question, I'm taking the time to look into this for other people and not myself. I've been either an officer or leader of my alliance since 2018 when it was first formed and we created the alliance trying to leave the old one behind as a feeder that had a bunch of resources stocked up. I haven't bounced anywhere in a LONG time. I'm trying to do good for others. Simple as that
This discussion has been closed.