**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about Blade for kabam

So on the 14 of feb Blade will be added as a basic champ, but on the 22nd hes a 15k featured.. So if we pull blade, we technically pulled a basic champ worth 10k?

Comments

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yes and on top of that he'll probably be nerfed by the end of the summer!
  • OwGssOwGss Posts: 81
    I think you’re paying the extra 5k for better odds is all
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    The chance of getting Blade out of his featured is about 20%. The chance of getting him out of a basic is about 0.002%
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    Bahamut wrote: »
    The chance of getting Blade out of his featured is about 20%. The chance of getting him out of a basic is about 0.002%

Did you not see my post just above you? It’s not even close to 0.002% out of a basic. 83 champs with all being an equal champs means 1.2% chance.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

Did you not see my post just above you? It’s not even close to 0.002% out of a basic. 83 champs with all being an equal champs means 1.2% chance.

It was hyperbole.. i hope
  • Zulu_BKZulu_BK Posts: 35
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    So on the 14 of feb Blade will be added as a basic champ, but on the 22nd hes a 15k featured.. So if we pull blade, we technically pulled a basic champ worth 10k?

Technically that's false. When you say that Blade as a basic champ is worth 10k shards, that's tantamount to saying if you enter a lottery to win a car and you pay $5 to enter, if you win the car you just won a five dollar car.

The champions are not "worth 10k." The crystal costs 10k. The champions themselves have whatever subjective worth you give them. But since you cannot buy them for 10k, they aren't worth 10k on their own. What you are paying for when you are buying the 15k featured crystal is not a more expensive champion. You are buying better odds at pulling him.

Just to add, if you consider two lottery tickets of worth $5 and $10 for same car , which one you will buy and you know the winning prize. Any thoughts??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Technically that's false. When you say that Blade as a basic champ is worth 10k shards, that's tantamount to saying if you enter a lottery to win a car and you pay $5 to enter, if you win the car you just won a five dollar car.

The champions are not "worth 10k." The crystal costs 10k. The champions themselves have whatever subjective worth you give them. But since you cannot buy them for 10k, they aren't worth 10k on their own. What you are paying for when you are buying the 15k featured crystal is not a more expensive champion. You are buying better odds at pulling him.

Just to add, if you consider two lottery tickets of worth $5 and $10 for same car , which one you will buy and you know the winning prize. Any thoughts??

That depends on the odds of said Lottery Tickets. If the $10 ticket is an estimated 20%, as opposed to 0.02%, I'd take the $10 one.
  • SpidermancgSpidermancg Posts: 19
    edited January 2018
    All I want is a free lottery ticket. It better have the winning numbers!!!!!
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Pay the damn 5k! I mean, if you want him. You don't want to miss this last increased chance at Blade because you didn't want to cough up the 5k lol
    #bladelivesmatter
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I’d pay 50k shards for a blade happily.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I’d pay 50k shards for a blade happily.

I already payed 60 for nothing and I am running to finish 100% LOL to throw other 90k at him. I hope that over 150k I will get him at least once
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »

It was hyperbole.. i hope

It was. My point was that you have a much higher chance of actually getting him if you buy the featured
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    your paying extra to go from a .000000000000000000001% chance to pull him to what is supposed to be 20% but probably more like a 15% chance to pull blade so extra 5k shards worth it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    The issue, of course, is that no one (except the game team) knows for sure the differential odds of the 15K vs. the 10K crystal. Sure, the 15K is supposed to be better, and anecdotal evidence suggests it is, but that’s pure speculation.

But I do appreciate @Kabam Miike popping in with a useful response.

Dr. Zola
    Another question that comes to mind re: the Blade featured crystal on Feb. 22: is it technically possible to get Blade either as a feature or as a basic in that crystal (since he is added as basic on Feb. 13)?

Any chance Miike could opine on that one? Or if it has been asked and answered elsewhere, could someone direct me?

Dr. Zola
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I guess if that's how you want to look at it, it's technically correct. His crystal will run as scheduled, and for 15,000 Shards. It is up to you if you'd like to invest in that Crystal or if you would not like to.

Since the Blade crystal will be the last of its type, can we get a conformation of odds?
    @Armaganon00

I’m guessing something like this:

Assuming 1/5 (anecdotally derived feature odds): 20%
    Plus 1/84 odds of pulling Blade as a basic: 1.2%
    Assumes zero Blades in sub-feature pool since he is in basic on 2/13.

Final odds a little better than 20%.

Have no idea if that is actually correct. Have no idea if this is even how they calculate it. Have no idea if this is actually how the belated feature crystal works. And I’m in no way trying to impersonate a mod via my reply.

Dr. Zola