**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Account banned for no reason (need help)

Dear ALL,

I have been playing MCOC for two and a half years. I have been playing the game daily until yesterday I found that my account was permanently banned.

I have submitted a ticket to Kabam team, here is the response I received:

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Customer Support.

Our records indicate that this account has been banned for violating our Terms of Service, with regards to account sharing and/or the use of third party applications that alter the mechanics of the game. In order to ensure the security of our game, we will be unable to share exact investigation details that led to the action taken on this account. For further information on our Terms of Service, please see:

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service

We reserve the right to make judgement calls based on the severity of the Terms of Service violations we take action on, which means that certain offenses may come with different ban periods. These timeframes are not up for debate and may range from a temporary ban to a permanent ban. This decision is made with the overall health of The Contest in mind, and the level of negative impact your Terms of Service violation may have had on other Summoners that play Marvel Contest of Champions.

This account will remain permanently suspended, and note that Support cannot and will not overturn this account suspension. Any such actions are considered final.

Regards,
Kabam Support

For me this is an unacceptable decision. I am 100% sure that I am the only one playing my account and I have never used any third party applications. I have been playing the game for more than 2 and a half years. Also I've spent thousands of dollars into the game. All of a sudden it's all gone.

It's very strange that Kabam says that my account is with regards to "account sharing and/or the use of third party applications that alter the mechanics of the game" while they refuse to show any prove.

I am planning to take legal actions and I need some guide on how to do it. If anyone could offer me some tiny help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Luismarquez131Luismarquez131 Posts: 164
    You can try to message an admin, but I also don't think that you can post private conversations with you and support.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    What's your in game name?
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    I think talk in private by miike he can help you maybe or go to kabam company if can or send apple or google ticket
  • Options
    You can try to message an admin, but I also don't think that you can post private conversations with you and support.

I already messaged admin but no one has replied to me yet.
  • Options
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    What's your in game name?

Grizzlies
  • Options
    Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Everyone on the internet says they're going to take legal action when they get caught cheating.
  • Options
    I think talk in private by miike he can help you maybe or go to kabam company if can or send apple or google ticket

Thanks for your advice. How to send tickets to Apple?
  • Options
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    Everyone on the internet says they're going to take legal action when they get caught cheating.

Dude, I never cheated. I have all my spent records and play records as prove.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    What region are you in? Anecdotal evidence I've gleaned from several message boards points to a higher level of bans for regions outside of US/CAN (or at least a more vocal majority). Also for usage of rooted phones to a degree.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The bad part is even if you are right and never cheated, you still have no legal ground to stand on. Your account belongs to Kabam as all of ours do. They really have the ability to shut any or all of them down as they see fit.
  • Options
    Profile checks out, not an obvious cheat there.

Sorry I had to ask, but I'm tired of helping guys on the forum get in touch with the right people and then find out their profile pic was a 5 star LOL Ultron and their second champ was a damn 3 star. Lol.

If indeed you have been banned incorrectly, it will honestly be one of the first I've heard of. They specifically mention account sharing... Can you honestly tell us that no one but you has EVER logged into your account?
  • Options
    Also, is your iphone jailbroken? Do you have any apps that can be seen as malicious?

Some of these apps can be doing things on your device that can be seen as "3rd party" software
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    My guess would be a dirty merc, a lot went down in this last wave. Some mercs took down double-digit accounts with them.

Hope you're clean, but there's really no way to ever know that.
  • Options
    What region are you in? Anecdotal evidence I've gleaned from several message boards points to a higher level of bans for regions outside of US/CAN (or at least a more vocal majority). Also for usage of rooted phones to a degree.

I've moved from U.S. to China recently, which might be the reason I got banned?
  • Options
    Profile checks out, not an obvious cheat there.

Sorry I had to ask, but I'm tired of helping guys on the forum get in touch with the right people and then find out their profile pic was a 5 star LOL Ultron and their second champ was a damn 3 star. Lol.

If indeed you have been banned incorrectly, it will honestly be one of the first I've heard of. They specifically mention account sharing... Can you honestly tell us that no one but you has EVER logged into your account?

It's always been me. Recently I've moved from US to China. Is an VPN app counted as a "third party" software? The VPN is solely helping to connect to Google, since Google is banned in China mainland.
  • Options
    Also, is your iphone jailbroken? Do you have any apps that can be seen as malicious?

Some of these apps can be doing things on your device that can be seen as "3rd party" software

My iphone/iPad is not jail broken.
  • Options
    The bad part is even if you are right and never cheated, you still have no legal ground to stand on. Your account belongs to Kabam as all of ours do. They really have the ability to shut any or all of them down as they see fit.

Yes, that's really the sad part. The good thing is I can save $5000 a year from now on. Or I can spent the cash to another game.
  • Options
    chunkybchunkyb Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    edited August 2017
    This is the reason ppl shouldn't be so quick to damn any user that posts here about being banned. Simply point them to the mods/admins and go about your business. There's absolutely zero reason for all the vitriol I see in these threads. Even seen a few idiots make fun of poor English in some threads...linking non English speakers with modders based solely on their attempted use of a non-native language. It's pathetic and childish in every way.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    I suspect you have your answer: vpn and move likely triggers an alert in their search algorithm. You can always escalate to Netmarble, new owners of Kabam since, you know, this is real life.
  • Options
    KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    I think I had read there are ppl having problem with VPN with Kabam TOS. That's most likely the cause. Checked your profile, and I can understand why you feel so hurt. Those are some good champs.

Be clear with them on those VPN and your location. Importantly, highlight the money you have spend on this game. Kabam will not want to lose a customer like you.
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Their customer service is a joke, they do absolutely nothing to help their paying customers. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against them because it’s unacceptable
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Take legal action. I'd love to see the result of that. Round up all of those other people that have been "banned for no reason" and you got yourself a class action lawsuit.
  • Options
    Take legal action. I'd love to see the result of that. Round up all of those other people that have been "banned for no reason" and you got yourself a class action lawsuit.

Actually now I understand that Kabam has all the right to do everything they want. I don't plan to take any legal actions. I will lose the case for sure even I didn't nothing wrong. Now I want from Kabam is just a fair explanation.
  • Options
    C1INTB3ASTW00DC1INTB3ASTW00D Posts: 17
    edited August 2017
    Im sorry to hear this

On a side note, your move as well as the use of VPN might have come at a bad time. I know this is slightly off topic, but the use of VPN services is a huge cyber topic (speaking from a corporate standpoint as thats what I do) and has been hitting tons of industries. Russia and China both have recently been experimenting (for lack of better term) with some serious restrictions and limitations over the use of VPN services.

Again, I know this doesnt come close to answering any of your questions but it might be something good to keep in mind in future discussions over your account ban as well as your personal life. Im not exactly sure as to how any new regulation will affect daily internet traffic over the use of VPN, but considering it seems like your a steady VPN user (which I dont blame you, especially if your living in China), it might be worth it to invest some time into researching the new regulations.
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    This is the reason ppl shouldn't be so quick to damn any user that posts here about being banned. Simply point them to the mods/admins and go about your business. There's absolutely zero reason for all the vitriol I see in these threads. Even seen a few idiots make fun of poor English in some threads...linking non English speakers with modders based solely on their attempted use of a non-native language. It's pathetic and childish in every way.

So one account, where even in that one you dont know the actual truth, means all the other 1000s of cheaters must be innocent, dont think so. Maybe someone is sweating a bit I think??
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I strongly support bans, but permanent bans is too extreme. They need to find a middle ground. Even though they technically own the account, taking it away after spending thousands of dollars is extreme. Kabam often cheats us with their random crashes costing us health and potions but faces no scrutiny over this. In my opinion, they are hypocritical with their " banned for cheating", I've been cheated out of units and real money numerous times with zero compensation. Hell, game is under emergency maintenance and it just cost me a fight in AW. Just lost health and units, definitely feel cheated and know I have no recourse.
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★

Actually now I understand that Kabam has all the right to do everything they want. I don't plan to take any legal actions. I will lose the case for sure even I didn't nothing wrong. Now I want from Kabam is just a fair explanation.

If you get that, then surely you will be unbanned? You have stated that you are 100% certain you never cheated or account shared, so you are innocent, so they will give you your account back

If they dont do that are we to assume that you forgot the one time your cat knocked the buttons?
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »

So one account, where even in that one you dont know the actual truth, means all the other 1000s of cheaters must be innocent, dont think so. Maybe someone is sweating a bit I think??

Not in the least. Just pointing out that despite the love of the taste of blood in these forums... The track record of kabam getting things right is very poor. How ppl don't see that an take a pause is beyond me. But then again the morons on this board don't get most things right either. Thx for point in that out as well

But sure, target me if you want, dude. I'm clean as hell and able to deal with trolls.
  • Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★

If you get that, then surely you will be unbanned? You have stated that you are 100% certain you never cheated or account shared, so you are innocent, so they will give you your account back

If they dont do that are we to assume that you forgot the one time your cat knocked the buttons?

No, we are to assume he would like his account back without having to pursue legal action, duh.
This discussion has been closed.