**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Modding in AW

We all know there are players and whole allies that use 3rd party software to mod the game so they can win fights in AW. This is disgusting. Players that have played for years investing time and money to play the game the right way with honor and integrity are getting the short end of the stick. The integrity of AW is in jeopardy. So instead of just complaining to Kabam. I’m going to make a suggestion. Kabam please make AW fights viewable by all members that are competing in the same AW. To me this is the only way to once and for all squash modding/cheating. If I view a fight and see the unreal damage being done in a AW fight then I can record it and submit it to Kabam. I’m tired of reporting cheaters with just screenshots and then a investigation that takes time with no outcome or reversal. If I were able to view the opponents fight in game and capture video evidence of modding then investigations wouldn’t be so drawn out and cumbersome. Instead video evidence would capture the cheater with their hand in the cookie jar. If Kabam doesn’t want to police the community for cheaters in a timely and efficient way then the community can police itself. By making fights viewable in game it would allow the community to police itself and submit factual evidence of cheating to Kabam. Reducing the time of investigations and punishment dealt. We need to eradicate modding from MCOC as a community. I believe viewable fights would be the best and most efficient way of getting rid of modding once and for all.

Comments

• Options
    MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Something needs to change in a big way. It is unacceptable that individuals and entire alliances at the top of the game get away with using modifications and hacks to win AW matches - it calls into question all competitive aspects of playing the game. @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit What is being done to monitor and enforce the use of third party software and what recourse do members of honest alliances have that do not use those?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    We all know there are players and whole allies that use 3rd party software to mod the game so they can win fights in AW. This is disgusting. Players that have played for years investing time and money to play the game the right way with honor and integrity are getting the short end of the stick. The integrity of AW is in jeopardy. So instead of just complaining to Kabam. I’m going to make a suggestion. Kabam please make AW fights viewable by all members that are competing in the same AW. To me this is the only way to once and for all squash modding/cheating. If I view a fight and see the unreal damage being done in a AW fight then I can record it and submit it to Kabam. I’m tired of reporting cheaters with just screenshots and then a investigation that takes time with no outcome or reversal. If I were able to view the opponents fight in game and capture video evidence of modding then investigations wouldn’t be so drawn out and cumbersome. Instead video evidence would capture the cheater with their hand in the cookie jar. If Kabam doesn’t want to police the community for cheaters in a timely and efficient way then the community can police itself. By making fights viewable in game it would allow the community to police itself and submit factual evidence of cheating to Kabam. Reducing the time of investigations and punishment dealt. We need to eradicate modding from MCOC as a community. I believe viewable fights would be the best and most efficient way of getting rid of modding once and for all.

FYI this thread WILL get closed but what you are suggesting will never happening. Only thing you can do is keep reporting. They aren't ever going to tell you the outcome. If nothing happens to a player, Kabam didn't find anything wrong. You more than likely got bested by a better team. Take it and move on. It's nearly impossible to track piloting. You don't know whos on the other side. People get banned for 3rd party software all the time because it's something they can see due to modded game files. Kabam will never comment on cheating or any actions taken against other players. Stop asking.
  • Options
    Mkdemaria wrote: »
    Something needs to change in a big way. It is unacceptable that individuals and entire alliances at the top of the game get away with using modifications and hacks to win AW matches - it calls into question all competitive aspects of playing the game. @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit What is being done to monitor and enforce the use of third party software and what recourse do members of honest alliances have that do not use those?

Not sure why you would tag MODs to this post. It's only going to shut it down quicker. Report the players and let Kabam do the rest. End of story.
  • Options
    Don’t understand why the thread would be shut down. I didn’t violate any forum policies. This is a suggestion to help Kabam combat/police modding. This is a problem that Kabam hasn’t been able to solve by itself. That’s why I suggested what I did. Give the community better tools to report evidence of cheating. Video evidence is irrefutable. Same thing as stores using video cameras to prevent theft or prosecute shop lifting. People will act more appropriately when they know they are being watched or recorded.
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Not sure why you would tag MODs to this post. It's only going to shut it down quicker. Report the players and let Kabam do the rest. End of story.

Typically when you ask a question it’s because you are looking for an answer. I was addressing my question to a particular audience.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    As much as I agree about the nature of cheating and how unfair it is, it's their job to deal with it, and they take Investigations seriously. If we come across suspicious behavior, we can send a Report to Support, but we're not here to police others. This Season has brought about a great deal of suspicion and paranoia, and not all cases are the result of cheating. It's their job to determine that. We need to leave it to them. They don't discuss actions taken, and it's not up to us to monitor the behavior of others.
  • Options

Typically when you ask a question it’s because you are looking for an answer. I was addressing my question to a particular audience.

Mods dont comment on what is being done about cheat. Use the search bar and see all the closed threads on this topic.
  • Options
    Don’t understand why the thread would be shut down. I didn’t violate any forum policies. This is a suggestion to help Kabam combat/police modding. This is a problem that Kabam hasn’t been able to solve by itself. That’s why I suggested what I did. Give the community better tools to report evidence of cheating. Video evidence is irrefutable. Same thing as stores using video cameras to prevent theft or prosecute shop lifting. People will act more appropriately when they know they are being watched or recorded.

So tell me how easy it is to prevent hacking? You think Kabam has a button they can press to stop it? Think of this issue like a game of wack-a-mole. They code to prevent "hack A" then "hack B" pops up.
    Where would they store these recordings? Oh severs you say. Yeah cause no one has complaints about the current ones they use. What happens if videos dont load or cant get viewed in time? What happens if YOU think its cheat and you report it and then nothing happeens? Oh yeah, thats why you posted. The circle is never ending. That's why Kabam doesnt comment on cheating.
    The problem is really your mindset. You think a node should get a kill or assume because they have full health after a fight then its cheating. Kabam has ways of seeing moded game files. If they are using known hacks, they will het caught. Remember, just because YOU cant do it, doesnt mean someine else cant.
  • Options
    RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    This is an utter and complete **** show, when you see the rosters used and how fast they go thru the champs in their lane - it’s impossible.
  • Options
    RB6942 wrote: »
    This is an utter and complete **** show, when you see the rosters used and how fast they go thru the champs in their lane - it’s impossible.

Report the suspicious behavior. No use in complaining about it here. Does you no good.
  • Options
    Orangeblood19Orangeblood19 Posts: 21
    They aren't going to do anything. My alliance has been ripped of twice by modders. We reported and nothing happened to them. I keep going back to look, and yep, they are still going strong. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    They aren't going to do anything. My alliance has been ripped of twice by modders. We reported and nothing happened to them. I keep going back to look, and yep, they are still going strong. It's ridiculous.

Ever think they didnt use hacks? How is it you are 100%, without a shadow of a doubt positive they cheated? I'm not saying people dont cheat but if youve been on these forums, there are sooooo many posts about being unbanned. And those are just people we can see. They do take action. You just dont see or hear what actually happens.
  • Options

Have had the same thing happen here. Have even had the other alliance explain what they're doing and laugh about it. Had screenshots of everything and watched the alliance for a long time after. Nothing has been done at all. They continue to play, continue to hold their rank, continue to keep honest players from receiving the rewards they deserve. Sending tickets does nothing.
  • Options
    RB6942 wrote: »

No way a 4/40 4* champ is going to take down a r4 5* mini boss in 20 seconds and take zero health loss. Show me the video of the player fighting and I’ll believe it. No way this was done without using a cheat or modification. Tickets have been submitted. The purpose of this post is to gauge community sentiment and gather feedback from others that might have experienced similar situations with the hopes that Kabam will assure us that they are looking into it and will take appropriate action.
  • Options
    Sorry I wasn’t specific about my video suggestion. My suggestion is “live look ins” no need for Kabam to keep copies of fights. Kabam servers are already sluggish. That’s where the community policing comes into play. So when you submit a ticket Kabam ask you for screens shots. If you had the ability to “live look in” while they were fighting and could see 10-20k light hits then you could record that footage and send in your ticket to Kabam. Cut and dry proof of modding. No more suspicion and paranoia.
  • Options
    They don't discuss actions for a reason, and it takes time to do Investigations. They don't just wave the Ban Hammer instantly. Otherwise everyone would be getting everyone banned. For that matter, actions can vary based on the situation, and even banned Accounts are still visible. Just send a Report and let them do their job.
  • Options
    Sorry I wasn’t specific about my video suggestion. My suggestion is “live look ins” no need for Kabam to keep copies of fights. Kabam servers are already sluggish. That’s where the community policing comes into play. So when you submit a ticket Kabam ask you for screens shots. If you had the ability to “live look in” while they were fighting and could see 10-20k light hits then you could record that footage and send in your ticket to Kabam. Cut and dry proof of modding. No more suspicion and paranoia.

That would require more server space. What happens when you cant "live look in"? Again, the cricle keeps going. The current system is fine. People just need to accept that its not cheat sometimes. Keep in mind, i fully believe peoppe cheat but i also know that people try to find excuses for losing.
  • Options
    Wow you trolling hard dude
  • Options
    I’m offering suggestion
  • Options
    No one is trolling and you're free to suggest what you like. It's just that there is a system in place, and it's effective. It may not be immediate, but there's a reason for being thorough and having a process. It's admirable to want to help, but we don't need to become Vigilantes and take it into our own hands. It creates more paranoia than anything and just adds to the work they already have to do.
  • Options
    VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Every program / application on android specifically has signature. Kabam maybe just notes signatures of app that login to they servers... they compare them.
    A mod app, mustbe have a different signature if not mistakes.
    If kabam can filters that, they can caught who's using mods and banned them.
  • Options

That would require more server space. What happens when you cant "live look in"? Again, the cricle keeps going. The current system is fine. People just need to accept that its not cheat sometimes. Keep in mind, i fully believe peoppe cheat but i also know that people try to find excuses for losing.

While I understand your perspective, albeit one sided, my understanding of the suggestion made by @Krotch_Rocket666 was to make all matches viewable to all players in Alliance Wars in order to bring about more transparency and to implement a system of checks and balances for the MCOC community. This sort of a shift would likely not be taken by the Kabam Game team alone, but rather with the implementation of a third party eSports viewing platform that could tie into the existing MCOC API, and be broadcast to the community through existing services such as Toornament or Skillz. This sort of a paradigm shift would not enable mods or cheats to be used in the game because the entire community could watch and follow along. I believe that transparency is needed in the game and being able to view others fighting would be one way to approach solving that issue.
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    My alliance just got done fighting against "that well known cheating alliance" currently prancing around platinum tier.

To say it was disappointing and disheartening is an understatement. Kabam support was very receptive and endured us this particular alliance is already being investigated, but it's really frustrating that the entire war completed without them being banned. Why can't they just disable their login? Especially in this particular instance where it's 100% without a shadow of a doubt cheating. There is no argument, there is no possibility. This isn't the "hey these guys took down our NC boss with a node up!".

This was "I bring in a 2/35 carnage to bleed/spite node with Magik and he comes out of the fight with 100% health. That was just ONE of the various examples over the last 24 hours. All 3 R4 bosses were taken out within 15 seconds including a duped R4 Morningstar where a unduped DV was used. He would have bled out within 15 seconds. Half my alliance doesn't even care about war anymore because of it.

Very disappointed in Kabam for not doing anything yet about this particular alliance who ADMITTED to using mods and had almost a week of reports to ban them. Now they're most likely going on to the next war, sorry to whoever matches up with them.
  • Options
    RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    I’m glad this hasn’t been closed yet...maybe because no one person or alliance has been directly called out?
  • Options
    na_na_ Posts: 55
    I don't know if it is technically possible but I agree more transparency is needed to players, which at least allows players to actively identify and report mods/hacks.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    i mean...what you're suggesting is a good one, it can't and won't ever happen. it's not possible to view anyone else's fight unless it's recorded or streamed. Anyways, it's not even necessary for there to be a live view in so some player can police them. Why would you even want to take that upon yourself to work that hard when you know they are doing it anyways. Furthermore, the game devs have all the data they need to restrict modding. they do sweeps ever so often. But after each fight all that data from the fight, how many hits it took, how many specials you used, how many blocks and parries, and how much damage you did per hit is ALLLLL sent back to the servers. What you should be asking is, if they have this data, then why can't they create some scripts to ban folks that are obviously cheating?

Cheating in this game is completely pointless though. You have nothing to gain by doing so. how is blasting someone in one hit fun? it sounds like a big waste of time
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Cheating in this game is completely pointless though. You have nothing to gain by doing so. how is blasting someone in one hit fun? it sounds like a big waste of time

Well for this one particular alliance they have a lot to gain - platinum 3 rewards at the end of the season.
  • Options
    The modding is getting out of hand. Alliances should be held accountable/responsible if modding is found to have taken place during. To allow alliances to reap rewards even though Kabam has found members to use mods is very disheartening. I’ve reported modding multiple times. A week after reporting I see the player gets banned but then the alliances gets to keep rewards and ranking. I believe Kabam needs to make penalties for modding more detrimental to the alliance. Taking away points from war rating is pointless. If a player in a alliance has been found to use mods during AW. The whole alliance should pay for it with a automatic loss and having rewards earned from cheating taken from all 30 members. Kabam really needs to make new penalties/consequences when modding is found to have happened. Current penalty for modding is not a good enough deterrent.
  • Options
    LukazizLukaziz Posts: 90
    I'm pretty sure their are new mods for defenders. My alliance is currently fighting in AW and their defenders have buffs not listed. I'm on one that has health drain in literally 10 seconds. I can't get a hit in before I'm dead.