**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When will Kabam get the difficulty of uncollected right?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,676 Guardian
    The_One wrote: »
    I used to be able to explore uncollected, I couldn't explore last month because of that ridiculous Guillotine boss and I can't explore this month.
    Not because of Thanos but because of Proxima Midnight constantly getting regen from chaos and I can't damage her because she always gets a hit in resetting my combo meter.

When uncollected first came out it was hard, then Kabam scaled it back because it was too hard, then it was too easy, now they've gone back to it being too hard.

A little consistency in difficulty would be nice

Consistency is impossible, because different things are easier and harder for different players. If I intercept better than you, then any boss that can be beaten easier with intercept will be easier for me than you. If you have better power control champs than me, then a power gain boss will be easier for you than me. If two month's events are at all different, then no matter how Kabam designs it that new month will be much easier for some, and much harder for others, than the previous month. That is completely unavoidable, because difficulty is relative, and every player is different.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    This is still fairly new content and maybe Kabam is still unsure of the difficulty they want this event quest to be at. Too many people beat it and they feel it was too easy of a quest. You said you can’t hold a combo. That right there is reason enough to say you aren’t ready regardless of how you did a couple months back. I loved the guillotine fight last month. I thought she was the best uncollected boss so far. Thanos is also a really good uncollected boss to me. I love the more challenging fights. The difficulty of the last 2 months actually feels right for the rewards you get to me. People always complain when something is too tough for them

What champs you have used to beat uncollected difficulties, if you have used rank 5/65 or 4/45 5* then I think this thread is not for you.

“Too tough” these two words are enough to explain the whole scenario. Buffs introduced in uncollected difficulties are not completely related to skill level.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I'm a free to play player. Not the best, but not bad either. Uncollected Thanos was hard, but since it was just 2 fights I wasn't too upset. I'm surprised Master Thanos was so hard. Used almost as many items on him as in Uncollected and I did Uncollected first! Plus, normally I never use any items for Master. Sorta BS this month.
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    This month's event quest was probably the best designed I've seen in a while.

From my perspective, the two Thanos have been the most challenging, but rewarding. You can't just learn a single tactic to win the fight, because the fight mechanics change through different phases.

Secondly, the boss fights aren't buried behind a long path of difficult or time consuming fights for you to practice against them. Depending on your level (and therefore energy), you can get two or three attempts in without spending units on energy refills.

Obviously some champs handle the Thanos fights better than others. To an extent GwenPool is a cheat code for the final section, but the fact that you could use a 3* duped gwenpool and still achieve the same outcome (with more time) is handy for those that don't have a stacked roster.

Final point on Thanos is that you only have to do the run once. Not seven long paths with a massive energy requirement, like last month.

I felt that out of all the chapter bosses, Iron Man has the most difficult specials to evade and he isn't very juiced up. Promixa and Corvus have very evadeable specials and heavies. Once you learn their animations they aren't that tough.

For the most part, there also isn't any unavoidable damage such as Ice Phoenix Ice Phoenix was not a difficult fight, but it required that you have champs with a health pool that could sustain the cold snap, other than that, it was a case of not getting hit so that you could finish the fight once coldsnap was over.

I actually hope that Kabam continue this kind of design.
  • Options
    ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    I sort of like where it's at right now. Yes, that Guillotine last month was traumatizing and could've been scaled back, but Thanos was a delight. As far as the paths, I like that they are easier. Except for this month the energy requirements have been increasing, making for longer paths. The enemies on these paths can be essentially equated to 'trash mobs' from mmorpgs. Trash mobs are more of a 'champ and skill check' and shouldn't be made to be super difficult.
    The story quests are full of long and difficult paths and easy bosses. I like that story quests and event quests are inverse of each other.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Sounds like a you problem
  • Options
    insanegleeinsaneglee Posts: 39
    I used to be able to explore uncollected, I couldn't explore last month because of that ridiculous Guillotine boss and I can't explore this month.
    Not because of Thanos but because of Proxima Midnight constantly getting regen from chaos and I can't damage her because she always gets a hit in resetting my combo meter.

When uncollected first came out it was hard, then Kabam scaled it back because it was too hard, then it was too easy, now they've gone back to it being too hard.

Thanos has almost the same difficult than guilly.
    But I agree about próxima midnight because she has the bonus of unresponsive controls bug
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Consistency is impossible, because different things are easier and harder for different players. If I intercept better than you, then any boss that can be beaten easier with intercept will be easier for me than you. If you have better power control champs than me, then a power gain boss will be easier for you than me. If two month's events are at all different, then no matter how Kabam designs it that new month will be much easier for some, and much harder for others, than the previous month. That is completely unavoidable, because difficulty is relative, and every player is different.

Difficulty level and the buff introduced in quest too make content harder it’s unreal, no matter what champ you have and what skill level you have , you will be knocked out anyway. So if skills are important then buff should be in sync with the skills rather attempts or revives. Harder content makes things interesting but stupid buffs without putting much efforts and just introduce is point less. Buffs should be creative and every new buff should have a counter that should be based on skills.
  • Options
    insanegleeinsaneglee Posts: 39
    edited May 2018
    I used 1 team revive at master and 3 teams revive at uncollected, but I think I could do without if I had Patience and practice some the fight a little.
    I just read how to beat the Thanos and beat him
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    I think Uncollected Bosses difficulties are just right. The paths those.. a little too easy. Probably jacking them up another 30-50% will make it more fun.

Why was the comment flagged twice? Respectfully saying Uncollected is too easy is spam or abuse?
  • Options
    TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    I feel like they have already gotten the difficulty right. The very first one was quite hard with Modok, but since then I have been able to 100% all of them fairly easily. Maybe a few items here and there, but that's what items are for. That Guillotine was not that bad - all you needed to do was be able to intercept or be able to wait 6 seconds for unstoppable to fade... these are pretty basic skills. This month was even easier with only having to do the Thanos fight once. Yes, it is a challenging fight, but I think it fits under "Fun and interactive" because all of the mechanics can be learned and avoided. There is 0 unavoidable damage in this fight so it is entirely skill based.

You may need to just face that you do not have the skills necessary to complete this content, but it is really fun for the rest of us so please don't make them nerf it. They already nerfed master mode to death to make it another boring grind of a game mode, let's leave uncollected as a real challenge so we have something engaging to do on a monthly basis.
  • Options
    GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    if its new it will take time for them to get it right anyway....am i right?
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    Plain and simple, Kabam is clearly making a push for intercepting to be a bigger part of the endgame (e.g., Proxima, Nameless Guilly, Thanos).

If you're complaining about the recent difficulty, the only thing you actually need to do is practice your intercepting, because it looks like this is a trend that is here to stay, and that's the only thing that has materially changed.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Mcord117 wrote: »

I didn’t flag it but I am assuming it’s because it comes across as elitist to some. I largely agree with the sentiment he posted though, it is uncommon that I don’t reach the boss with all champs at pretty much full health

If that’s the case whoever flagged that comment should be warned. It’s against forum rules to flag a post because you disagree with it or dislike it.