Options

What did you believe when you started this game??

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
I joined this game in Nov'17 and believed that -

1) Tapping as fast as I could, will make my champs hit faster and harder. (I started the game 2 years ago but quit after tutorial, so basically forgot how to fight)
2) When people said Sparky, they meant Gwenpool. (because she sparkles!!)
3) Guillotine and Gwenpool were the best/top champs.
4) LOL should be available as I am sure I can do it. (Still stuck on Ch 4 of RTTL)
5) I will never be able to get a 5 star.

What did you believe? Did you evolve fast or did you believe something for several months?

Comments

• Options
    DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    1) I started before gwenpool was introduced and people kept saying SW was just too good.
    2) when i pulled that first crystal and got a spidey i thought i won the jackpot (he is my favourite marvel character lol)
    3) i was all about smashing my phone screen and failing miserably lol. Quit the game for around a year, came back, joined my first alliance and people started telling me about parry and dexterity... since then, game changer and i love the game lmao. its around 3 years since my first account!
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I believed parry was not necessary and a complete waste of mastery points. Hell I even beat RoL without parry.
  • Options
    IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    I was playing with character coolness vs their effects. I have never been a gamer, and wanted to play this because I love Marvel the last 10 years. I first started 2 years ago and didn't know about masteries. I never did Arena, or catalyst quests, etc, only story mode. I got bored and was done. I started up again November 2017, and now I have been watching Seatin and others and take the game more seriously and now do everything.
  • Options
    IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I believed parry was not necessary and a complete waste of mastery points. Hell I even beat RoL without parry.

That's impressive lol where's the video proof? LOL
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

That's impressive lol where's the video proof? LOL

Sadly no video proof. But I did it all with a perfect block team and a 4/40 DS. Game was much different way back then...
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    When I first started I pulled a 3* Ronan. Battled my way to Thanos in Act 3, still didn't have a 4* and Thanos was extremely difficult. When Act 4 came out I thought I would never be able to beat it. Lol Now I have 2 R4 5* and have completed Act 5 (Not 100% yet, but one time through)
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I used to believe that Dr. Strange was one of the best characters in the game. I used to believe he had decent heals.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I used to believe that Dr. Strange was one of the best characters in the game. I used to believe he had decent heals.

He was before 12.0

😂😂
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I believed I would still have time for myself
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I believed there would be real time online fights and after all this time it still has not even been tested yet. I believed it would change the game in a good way.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Another thing I believed was that this is going to be a regular character collection game but was quite impressed with the fighting and depth to combat/masteries.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    I believed there would be real time online fights and after all this time it still has not even been tested yet. I believed it would change the game in a good way.

It just sounds like the worst game mode you can imagine for this game.
    If you are against a player live, what will you do in the fight ? Rush him and get parried ? Yeah have fun with both players standing in their side of the screen
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    I believed that children are our future....teach them well and let them lead the way...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,302 ★★★★★
    I started almost 2 and a half years ago. It came up in my Suggested Apps and I thought I would try it out. Lol. I grew fast, and was Top Officer in 2 months. Was Ranking in the Arenas, and progressing nicely. Then I changed how I play and decided to help people instead of being so competitive.
    No one told me about Brackets. I remember trying to keep a Streak with pre-nerf WP. I remember beating Thanos after what seemed to be forever, with a 3* UC and no Parry or Dex. My first 4* was like gold, and a 5* was unimaginable. Lol. War didn't exist then. It was a very different time, my children. Lol :P
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I remember believing whoever was in the "Top Prizes" of the crystal opening section (which i now know to be the newest champions released into the PHC) were the best champions. Therefore, I prayed to every deity that I knew that I would pull a:
    Karnak
    Loki
    or Civil Warrior.
    How mistaken I was lol.
    I also thought that using units to refresh in the lowest arena was worth it. What else was I going to use units for anyway???
    And finally, I thought that pre 12.0 Thor sucked. Back then, when I just started, I found the most efficient method of killing people was to spam heavy attack. And since Thor had a short heavy attack (still does) after spamming one or two, I'd always take hits and die. I'm a dumb donkey, for sure.
  • Options
    NEONEO Posts: 347
    Jestress wrote: »
    I believed that I was fighting people in the arena in real time and that everyone was a noob.

Then I realized I was the noob.

I believe the same and didn’t even know you could change the arena matchup order until months later when i accidentally change it. I was fighting all the class disadvantages and poor matchups like a real noob. 😂
  • Options
    Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    @Jestress I thought the same thing.
  • Options
    Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    But turns out we were wrong😥
  • Options
    NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    I believed 1.5 million points in arena was ridiculous and no one could possibly have the free time to do it. Now that's two quick run throughs.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,465 ★★★★
    I believed I could fly. I believed I could touch the sky. Think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,302 ★★★★★
    I believed I could fly. I believed I could touch the sky. Think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away.

I believed I could soar. Saw me running through that open dooooooooor.