**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quest for the Stones AI [Merged Threads]

DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
edited April 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
They just stand...They hardly even react after a combo...They dont use their specials, instead they follow me as I dash back..its like I am doing arena
PS:playing the stone quest ,things seem normal in the main quest
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 50
    Agreed, absolutely terrible fights
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    Please do mike. All the bugs are still there, they didn’t fix much of anything with the updates
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I don’t think we’re ready for Season 9 to start a week from now.
  • Ok so as i started the quest i tried many champs (ghost venom quake) and with all of them the AI is so painfully defensive and they never wanna throw special attacks even when im out in the open not moving same thing goes for them attacking into me they refuse to do so which makes ghost completely useless for this which sucks and not to mention fights take forever since all the AI does is hold block and store power. This isn't meant to be taken as a rant or anything im mearly telling yall about a bug that makes the AI hyper defensive
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    It's as if they're all on All or Nothing nodes for me...can't bait specials, can't even get them to throw more than the first Medium or Light attack. Very odd. Only time the AI does anything is SP3'ing.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DemitriM said:

They just stand...They hardly even react after a combo...They dont use their specials, instead they follow me as I dash back..its like I am doing arena

All this and intercepting is broken worse than before. Try to keep the AI cornered using Magik's power lock/intercepting technique or the backdraft intercepting technique and you get caught almost every time. It feels like the AI's animation speed has been increased or our champions' animation speed has been decreased. I'll record video of this later today to compare to past MCOC version gameplay.
  • KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    The hotfix literally did nothing. The game is still fun but it’s far more frustrating than it should be.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I thought something was fishy when I couldn’t get King Groot to throw an SP1 but then OG Ultron… wouldn’t use sp1. Then no sp2...yeah, that’s not right AT ALL
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Yea this was annoying but if your using quake that's no problem at all
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    Too slow and too defensive Ai behaviors in epic. They literally do nothing except unleashing their SP3. Roflmao
  • Found the issue! This was not intentional and is unrelated to the Bug that was fixed in the last release. We're working on getting it out soon.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    So we are just going to get a different version of the ober defensive bug every month? I mean seriously, doesn't anyone check this stuff before it released.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Dtl7714 said:

So we are just going to get a different version of the ober defensive bug every month? I mean seriously, doesn't anyone check this stuff before it released.

No
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    I used all my team revives that I was keeping on 1 single act 5 quest just because of this.Can't wait to see what's next :)
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Anyone else having a nightmare of a time baiting specials in the quest for the stones?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    They are super reserved, even at SP3 I doubt they throw one before you can get them down.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    And how do you accidentally have this bug 2 months in a row despite it being related to different issues? I'm not saying its intentional but kabaam really knows how to feed conspiracy theories about sabotaging game play to make money
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I can’t get them to attack at all. It’s absurd
  • JayV429JayV429 Posts: 26
    After hot fix I'm still getting the same issues I was having before hand the overly defensive ai, not throwing specials throwing specials while I'm attacking and also my parrys dont activate from time to time
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Yup, just faced a Mordo, whom was coward as hell.
  • IndyPowerIndyPower Posts: 15
    I faced Punisher 2099 and then Symbiote Supreme. They both were very defensive, and would not fire their specials when baited. Not even their special 3! I fought Symbiote Supreme for a good 30 seconds with his special meter at 100%. I was waiting for his special 3 to fire, but it never did. Weird but welcoming since I would have been KO'ed if the special 3 would have activated.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    This has started around the last month ...AI that -"DOES NOT WANT TO THROW THEIR SPECIALS " even if you stay still in front of them and baiting is non existent. That does not make sense for high PI opponents like 8-15K rated sentinels and other defensive champs in AQ . Sometimes I see the AI walking towards me instead of dashing towards me..thats not the problem though...its the similar AI I see in arenas where champs just do not throw specials and even special 3s...or only wait for special 3s . This is just unfair..among all the game mechanics that are in place right now. Please make the AI aggresive in AQ atleast....i saw passive AI in the stone collection quest of this month. too . This tells me something is wrong..10-12k rated opponents not playing aggresively ?
    Lower pi champs and the opponents in act 3 /act 4 are understandable..this AI in end-game content is just not right.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    DemitriM said:

if you have omega red, just stand next to them and let them degen to death
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Guess I should scrap the idea of using my Avengers right now for pts towards the special event and just drop some Quake on this and cruise thru it... Right now it's super frustrating for these super passive, all-or-nothing like fights.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Why does this keep happening? Kabam Guys, are you messing with the AI and dependent timings constantly? If so, you should give leaving it alone a try. I get that it was unintended to make the AI annoyingly defensive, but messing with it seems to never do anything other than break something and/or annoy everyone.