**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nerf Medusa please!

Alliance wars are biased towards people having more medusa. Her auto blocking has no counter on immune nodes. WHY creaste a biased character to give undue advantage to certain alliances who have been lucky to pull medusa?????

Comments

• Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Lol. KM, Corvus Glaive, Karnak, there are a couple options to counter her. They all have True strike.

Maybe do a bit more research before you say no one can counter her.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Domino Rips Medusa shes fine one day u will pull champs to counter her
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Dc0909 wrote: »
    Alliance wars are biased towards people having more medusa. Her auto blocking has no counter on immune nodes. WHY creaste a biased character to give undue advantage to certain alliances who have been lucky to pull medusa?????

comical. but she has numerous counters it's just that people don't want to bring them into war, or be patient enough to do what's needed.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I never see anyone mention Angela as a Medusa counter, and yet, I find her to be one of the best champs to fight Medusa and she has no true strike or stagger.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    We solo every Medusa boss, even the rank 5's. Not sure what your issue is, but your boss killers need someone with True Strike. They put out a multitude of new champions that have True Strike.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Personally magik is my go to medusa counter just get to sp3 and unleash it when living strands. Learn to intercept and back off after 1 hit.
    Medusa boss is easier cause she gains more buffs thus my sp3 will do more damage
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Wtf? I’ve solod a 4/55 a bunch of times as immunity mini or boss. Taken care of 90% of a 5/65 before timer running out. Learn to fight her
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Everyone's focused on True Strike when old fashion Ability Reduction works just fine. Crossbones, Gwenpool, Elektra, Taskmaster, etc. Then we have champs with simply high damage that just cuts through her when you counter her heavy like Angela. I use Angela all the time to cut down any final boss Medusa and it's easy enough.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I never see anyone mention Angela as a Medusa counter, and yet, I find her to be one of the best champs to fight Medusa and she has no true strike or stagger.

Agreed. Angela is honestly such a simple and effective way to cut down IMIW and Medusa.
    For those who don't know, Angela's Heavy attack has a +2100 crit chance meaning more often than not you will be critting and with some fury up the damage racks up.

Here's an example with my Angela Vs a final boss IMIW
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/97bij0/imiw_final_boss_one_shot/?st=jn1zui03&sh=2a2a0838

You don't NEED true strike. Hell even MODOKs Heavy attack does major damage with this method.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    You Got Venom Or Carnage Use them they Counter Her Both
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Morningstar’s sp2 melts Medusa when she has the 3 furies. Any champ that can nullify buffs is great against Medusa: Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Magik.

Fate Seal/hex like Ghost Rider & Hood stops Medusa’s fury generation.

Rogue & Loki can steal/copy the furies.

Venompool can eat buffs.

Lots of counters out there, it’s a matter of finding one on your roster
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    True strike, AA bleed heavy, Loki, KM, True Accuracy, Ronan kinda, Stagger, Nullify, Yondu! Emma, Omega Red, Domino… Hyperion even
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    As long as you have souls, Mephisto is great against her. Just keep spamming sp1 and she'll never get any furies
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Ever heard of using a true strike champ to fight her??
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    GWENPOOL
  • Dc0909Dc0909 Posts: 23
    My post was mainly for all immune node in AW. Thanks for inputs while i dont have most champs suggested but thanks.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Void does really well against her by inflicting damage to her while she's got Living Strands active
    Sentry can have unblockable specials and perfect block. Medusa inflicts a lot of damage via chip damage, so perfect block can be huge
    Cyclops can use unblockable specials
    Mordo can punish her buffs via L2 and he can astral evade Medusa if she auto blocks and attempts to attack.
    Morningstar has unblockable L2
    Others have already mentioned Hood, Killmonger, Juggernaut and Karnak.
    Yondu and Domino can both attack into her autoblock without being parry stunned.

There are plenty of champs who can actively deal with Living Strands. You can also just play around Living Strands using any champ. High damage champs like Proxima, Star Lord, Stark Spidey, and Sabretooth all are adept and inflicting solid damage when Living Strands is down.

This is not meant to be an all-inclusive list. There are plenty of others.

You can also just spam the sp1 with Magik, not the most effective but if it’s all you’ve got...
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I solo her as r4/5 boss every war with r4 Magik.
  • Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 108
    Ok medussa is not that hard to fight. And I'm just your average run of the mill player. I wish people would stop saying nerf good champs to accommodate sub par player skills and learn how to use the champs they got
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    If you have crossbones he Is the best counter...
  • ChuckNorrisChuckNorris Posts: 104
    edited October 2018
    Void does really well against her by inflicting damage to her while she's got Living Strands active
    Sentry can have unblockable specials and perfect block. Medusa inflicts a lot of damage via chip damage, so perfect block can be huge
    Cyclops can use unblockable specials
    Mordo can punish her buffs via L2 and he can astral evade Medusa if she auto blocks and attempts to attack.
    Morningstar has unblockable L2
    Others have already mentioned Hood, Killmonger, Juggernaut and Karnak.
    Yondu and Domino can both attack into her autoblock without being parry stunned.

There are plenty of champs who can actively deal with Living Strands. You can also just play around Living Strands using any champ. High damage champs like Proxima, Star Lord, Stark Spidey, and Sabretooth all are adept and inflicting solid damage when Living Strands is down.

This is not meant to be an all-inclusive list. There are plenty of others.

just saw a comment about the best counter for medusa , crossbones without hesitation the best to do the job
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Dc0909 wrote: »

uhm i fight her on immune debuff node miniboss with my angela i onehsot her everytinme
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    With the current bug where she only dropped one fury it’s definitely a pain but, before I got KM, with lots of practice, I figured it out. You can beat her with any champ you just have to maintain control of the fight and keep her backed up. Easiest way to do this is while she has auto block hit into her block slowly four times back away, do some evading, Wait for her to back up hit into her block... this allows you to stay offenseive, keep her backed up, feed her power, bait specials, and run down her timer so you can attack normal. Use your highest damage Champ to try and avoid timing out.

I’m not saying it’s easy but with practice becomes EASIER… Hope this helps.

Once the bug gets sorted out you can also use champs with ranged specials to trigger the auto block and drop her furries