**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do people hate Iron Patriot

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Spider Gwen and Kamala Khan I can understand however the IP hate has never seemed correct especially since they boosted him to 15% activation for his signature ability. His L2 is exceptionally powerful and with multiple armor breaks and decent Stun chance I've actually had a lot of fun with him even as arena fodder. I won't argue his place lower on the useful tier as there are far better healers and L2 users than him but I personally would not call him bottom tier trash. I that Hulkbuster and Warmachine could easily place below him but maybe that's just me…

Comments

• Options
    GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited July 2017
    It's just a sig ability thing. Apart from that he's not any worse than the other ironmen
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    IP isn't as bad compared to Carnage.
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    He also does activate a nice power gain with his overload, allowing him to use his s3 to stun for quite a while...

He would be decent if they add a stun to his s1 ..
  • Options
    TheGamingLifeTheGamingLife Posts: 25
    This shouldn't even be a discussion at this point. Just a well known fact xD IP is much worse than the other Iron men. He has very small damage on his second and third special attacks compared to most champions. His special 1 is pretty much the only way to get some average damage in, however after his signature ability triggers, he is unable to trigger any of his buffs of debuffs, leaving him helpless as the opponent beats him down even if he tries to block.
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    IP patriot sig ability puts a armor break on himself.. Its useless, also exact same move as ironman. So if you get any other ironman u wont use him anymore.. He just a huge dildo that Kabam Fs you with.

Only noobs get hit after overload, so gg
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I think IP is actually the best of the Iron Man characters because if you're playing well you really don't get hit after the arc overload. He has more powerful specials with the armour break and stun and gains a good chunk of power from the overload the other Iron Men don't. Since all 3 are garbage for defence the extra armour the other 2 have is really insignificant when playing the character. I'm not saying he's exceptional of anything he's just not absolute garbage when he's duped
  • Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    All IM are pretty trashy and he's the trashiest of the trash.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I don't hate Iron Patriot and his sig has steadily gotten better. (Back when his Armor Overload was just added armor he was really REALLY bad.)
    I feel he's the most fluid moving of the Iron Men. My biggest problem with him is he doesn't hit that hard unless you can use his L2 effectively but his L2 seems to proc less effectively now. A lot of times you use it and you don't get Armor Break or Stun. Just nothing. Which totally sucks. With all the powerful champs being introduced I feel his L2 should be fixed so that it ALWAYS does at least one of the two - either armor break or stun. When you get both - happy days. So increase that double chance too please.
  • Options
    Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    If they take off that stupid armor break after he regens them that'd be a lot better. He should get an armor up rather than an armor break.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I think it all comes from something much deeper. Let's not forget, he's Norman Osborne. And he's just a bad dude at his core.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    All IM variants hit on the weaker side of things with regular attacks, but have strong L2s. For all IM, the Overload should only be used to regain some health before end of fight, so heal, Parry, kill, move on to next fight without worrying about Burnout.And his L3... Hilarious. And a hella long stun. Better than HB and WM, better than regular IM, but not better than SIM, who looks cooler =P
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    If they take off that stupid armor break after he regens them that'd be a lot better. He should get an armor up rather than an armor break.

I like the concept of it. Norman Osborn is reckless so he exhausts everything for one last push. Don't forget he gets both Power gain and Regen with his Arc Overload. But maybe it can be improved - i.e. Power gain at 15%, Regen with armor break at 10% where it used to be. Just don't get hit at that point. You probably would've been dead anyway.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    I have five star version of him and one time when i used an l3 it did 972 damage.(with the bar)
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    At the end of the day there are just way better champs out there that do anything he does much better
  • Options
    They have strong L2 and can heal 60% health every fight. You're trash.

You're adorable.
  • Options
    AppieAppie Posts: 99
    true stop getting hit and use vision instead.
  • Options
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    They have strong L2 and can heal 60% health every fight. You're trash.

You're adorable.

Cool im adorable. But you're a noob. I see people clear paths in AW and take boss with IM. I have used SIM R5 in war, AQ, and a big part of Act 4. L2 does 10k+ crits, all you can ask from a 4*. Subsequent 10 hits also do more damage from the armor break. Solid champ who gives 3 Crit synergy with Cbones/Cap A team. Hold block when you're around 20% health and let them chip you down to a heal back to 70% health boom. I don't do Map 6 but SIM clears map 5 no problem, and you can even use him on the big sub bosses. If the fight times, you are either still above 15% health to heal next fight, or, you can heal back up over 15% easy enough. Boom. Which brings us to, when he dies on a quest, you only have to heal him up to 15%. They are solid, respectable utility champions.

I've used LC to clear a lot of map 6... used any of the bad champs. I take random guys into 5 just because I could. Even in war when trying out new teams I experiment. Just because a champ can do it doesn't make him good is my point. All champs can get you through AQ and even do good in war... I've taken weak, strong, squishy and lots of life champs. They hit weak and take lots of damage. Yea the l2 is good... IF you get the crit but it's annoying to land and very easily blocked for most IM champs. Stun is overrated in most cases as well. Champ quality has more than just it heals for you. X23 has weak regen but is also enough for me in any AQ map or even AW. As for the armor break don't get hit yes... but game performance sometimes overrides your skill when it does what t wants.
  • Options
    solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
    edited July 2017
    because it is Iron **** Patriot!
  • Options
    namelessnameless Posts: 31
    Maybe because his L3 looks awful lol