**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

16.6 million and no featured. What is happening.

Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
Can someone please explain how this cutoff system work?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Top 800 gets the featured champion
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's quite simple lol
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    He's a heck of a champ. That is a bummer that score was not enough.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    That really sucks. I was lucky enough to win him. From a wallcrawler crystal that is.
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Can we please add a title for 2nd and 3rd place? Like Almost Got Him?4vf8g5bg24t0.png

Kabam must subscribe to the school of thought of Ricky Bobby..."If you ain't first, you're last."
    BTW, awesome job @X_Scott
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    The guy that got 1st has titles for winning 1st multiple times, and has insane streak of almost 1000. Maybe bots, who knows. I know I refreshed a hell of a lot
    Thank you. I will never spend 3 days doing that again though. Completely miserable
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Can we please add a title for 2nd and 3rd place? Like Almost Got Him?4vf8g5bg24t0.png

With Great Power comes Great Responsibility. With Slightly Less Power comes This T-Shirt.
  • ClovaHClovaH Posts: 5

Congrats on new spidey at least! How much did you score? How many matches? And how many units did you drop?

Also, I don't blame you for not wanting to do it again. I placed 780 and am burnt out, can't imagine how you're feeling.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Arenas are shifting back to the 18-19M cutoff. There really should be a better way of receiving the featured. A member in my alliance got ~16.1M and didn't get spidey. Another got 16.99M and got rank 795. There needs to be a milestone or something.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Arenas are shifting back to the 18-19M cutoff. There really should be a better way of receiving the featured. A member in my alliance got ~16.1M and didn't get spidey. Another got 16.99M and got rank 795. There needs to be a milestone or something.

There is a better way to get the featured. Wait. The top 800 that get the featured the first time around are fighting for the privilege of getting those champions before everyone else. But eventually they show up as a basic reward where over 10,000 players get a shot at them. Eventually they show up again. I duped my Starlord by putting up 10 million on day two, and I was a million high. If I had put in about the same effort on day two, I could have had Iceman a few months ago, but instead I'll just shoot for him when he comes back around again.

Gwenpool went for 14 million back in January. She's not going to get anywhere near that in the basic. So you put up 14 million and get her in January, or you put up 6 or 7 million and get her in July. I think that is more than fair.
  • VicayneVicayne Posts: 25
    edited July 2017
    You can thank Seatin and other Youtubers who spent to get him from crystals, posted vids of him and showed the world how godly he is.

First round cutoff was 15.3 mil. Once everyone discovered how unbelievably stupendous he is, they all had to have him.

Unfortunately, I'm in your boat OP. I realized how great he was going to be the first time I saw him in the Stark quests. I just didn't have the time the first round. This round, I put 16.3 mil and fell short.

Am I angry, yes! After playing this game for two years I still don't understand why Kabam thinks people either 1) need to have no life to have the latest and greatest or 2) have an open wallet with a direct link to Kabam's bank account.

Will I quit, probably not, I'm already planning on saving 5* star shards for when he comes back in five star crystals. He'll be well worth the wait.
    Vicayne wrote: »
    Am I angry, yes! After playing this game for two years I still don't understand why Kabam thinks people either 1) need to have no life to have the latest and greatest or 2) have an open wallet with a direct link to Kabam's bank account.

You are essentially describing all competitions with a limited number of awards.
    edited July 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

You are essentially describing all competitions with a limited number of awards.

The difference being, this is a game, not a sport, not an esport or a poorly designed one. Esports are based on skill, not expendable income. Sports or contests like this, in general are based on skill, not expendable income (unless you're talking the lotto).

If it's a competition, it needs to be a level playing field.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The difference being, this is a game, not a sport, not an esport or a poorly designed one. Esports are based on skill, not expendable income. Sports or contests like this, in general are based on skill, not expendable income (unless you're talking the lotto).

These statements are wrong on so many levels that it's really hard to argue.
    I seriously wouldn't have grind for him but I opened all of my five star featured crystals (6 total, 75k shards) and DID NOT get him. I was saving to dupe iceman but i opened 1, didn't get him, then thought "he has to be next" until I ran out. That forced me into arena. I think arena should give the top 1% the featured. 800 is not enough for what it takes to get a 4 star. My streak was around 450s with constant boosts and refreshing with units on last day
  • um0p3pisdnum0p3pisdn Posts: 59
    I seriously wouldn't have grind for him but I opened all of my five star featured crystals (6 total, 75k shards) and DID NOT get him. I was saving to dupe iceman but i opened 1, didn't get him, then thought "he has to be next" until I ran out. That forced me into arena. I think arena should give the top 1% the featured. 800 is not enough for what it takes to get a 4 star. My streak was around 450s with constant boosts and refreshing with units on last day

LoL same boat as you, was saving for iceman.. . .then spidey stark came with his awesome-sauce and i also went 0-6. . . .pretty horrible feeling . . .gotta save shards til November lol. . .did arena as well but didnt place as high as you ;)

7u66wgp8zb76.png
    xNig wrote: »

These statements are wrong on so many levels that it's really hard to argue.

Please explain.
    I think it's a debate with no easy answer. Should 4*s in the basic and featured arenas be given after you hit a certain milestone? Ideally I think we can all agree that would be awesome, but the problem is that is sets it up for players with large armies of 4*s and 5*s to put up enough points practically any arena that has a champion that they want.
  • ChallengerChallenger Posts: 38
    um0p3pisdn wrote: »

LoL same boat as you, was saving for iceman.. . .then spidey stark came with his awesome-sauce and i also went 0-6. . . .pretty horrible feeling . . .gotta save shards til November lol. . .did arena as well but didnt place as high as you ;)

7u66wgp8zb76.png

If you could, can you tell how much you scored to place 168? Just want to see how crazy it gets in this arena
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Arena hasn't changed much. The scores are misleading, you have to look at the number of fights. As noted when 5*s were introduced into the arena, for truly worthwhile champs it's a 5* refresh contest. Nothing more. You have to want to burn units that much more than 800 others to win it.

They won't do a milestone, that experiment lasted one arena and hasn't been seen since.
    It's not kabams fault that players put up that many points. I like the arena system because it's meant to be player vs player. Players compete against one another so some spend way more time to get a champ than others and as a veteran player, I don't think it's worth grinding for new 4* featureds
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    The new arena tiers with 4* and 5*s being allowed to fight together for the featured 4* hero is a failed experiment. It has just made competing in any 4* arenas for any halfway decent or better champ a waste of time for most players. If you don't have at least a year or two in the game and a huge stable of 5*s it's now almost impossible to catch the runaway cutoff numbers , they are now just ridiculous.

The 5*s need their own arena, if it's too much to start awarding 5*s for winning, give out awakening gems, t4 class, and t2 alphas....awards that correspond to that level of player, not 4* heros the lower level players really need. It's like you are giving out the best 4*s to players who really don't need them anymore.

I'm in a 4M alliance and even our lvl60s at 200K+ Rating don't even bother doing anything but the basic milestones in arena unless they want to dupe one of their trash heros when a half decent or better one is in the other arenas.

The 4* arena bracket system needs another overhaul to make it more meaningful to the majority of players out there. Once you are past needing 3*s in the lower arena, there is just going to be a huge window of time, maybe a year or more where players are now finding that the arenas are only there to grind out units and battle chips. Unless Kabam takes immediate action, I see the arenas as a reason some players may quit playing as much or altogether. It's like another progression wall like the T4 class cats and tier 2 alphas are.

Maybe I am mistaken and things are working to plan and Kabam only wanted to make the best heros a collection piece for only the players that have spent the most time and money on the game. Right now there just isn't any reason for lvl 45-59 and even a lot of lvl 60s to waste any real effort in arena, so if that was the intent, Congratulations!

The old basic champs got for very low amount around 2 million. New players might not be able to grind for the best champs as a basic hero but they can grind the old ones to increase their roster to grind for better champs
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    The new arena tiers with 4* and 5*s being allowed to fight together for the featured 4* hero is a failed experiment. It has just made competing in any 4* arenas for any halfway decent or better champ a waste of time for most players. If you don't have at least a year or two in the game and a huge stable of 5*s it's now almost impossible to catch the runaway cutoff numbers , they are now just ridiculous.

The 5*s need their own arena, if it's too much to start awarding 5*s for winning, give out awakening gems, t4 class, and t2 alphas....awards that correspond to that level of player, not 4* heros the lower level players really need. It's like you are giving out the best 4*s to players who really don't need them anymore.

I'm in a 4M alliance and even our lvl60s at 200K+ Rating don't even bother doing anything but the basic milestones in arena unless they want to dupe one of their trash heros when a half decent or better one is in the other arenas.

The 4* arena bracket system needs another overhaul to make it more meaningful to the majority of players out there. Once you are past needing 3*s in the lower arena, there is just going to be a huge window of time, maybe a year or more where players are now finding that the arenas are only there to grind out units and battle chips. Unless Kabam takes immediate action, I see the arenas as a reason some players may quit playing as much or altogether. It's like another progression wall like the T4 class cats and tier 2 alphas are.

Maybe I am mistaken and things are working to plan and Kabam only wanted to make the best heros a collection piece for only the players that have spent the most time and money on the game. Right now there just isn't any reason for lvl 45-59 and even a lot of lvl 60s to waste any real effort in arena, so if that was the intent, Congratulations!

Actually all you need is three 5*s and you can compete in the arena. The rest of your roster just makes it less costly since you can use the natural refreshes and does add to your score but nothing that can't be made up by units.

I like your idea of a 5* arena for resources, I think that's definitely worthwhile. But also consider the 5* arena will be coming. They are already flooding the crystals with all the 5*s so it's just a matter of time. Competing for more 5*s via arena isn't that big a deal at this point.
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    I just see the curve being skewed way too high for a large segment of players that are in moderate to advanced level of play. I will soon have 3 5*s but without them being rank 4s and a big stack of Units to recharge and repeat fights with them it's folly now to me to compete for any hero that would make any improvement to my team. The relevance of the top prizes in arena for a player my range of progression of the game is now about meaningless.

I didn't know a 5* arena is coming, When it does, the 5*s fightng in the 4* featured need to go