**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Definition of an End-Game Player

Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
I don't want to make this a leading question, so I won't have too many details leading up to it.

Pretty simple question. "End-Game Player" as a term has been used across video games for awhile. What do you, as an MCOC summoner, consider an End-Game Player? Whether in general or in relation to the game, and provide reasoning why you feel the way you do.

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I believe its one who has completed/explored all story acts (completed in case means he/she has completed act 5 and can explore at any time, freely, without any stress due to skill and roster), completed rtl and rol, and is able to fully explore uncollected with less difficulty.
    Also he/she must have shifted focus from ranking 4* to ranking 5* and building a 6* team.
    I'm not gonna say they must have completed one path of LOL because that requires certain champs which some dont have due to bad rng
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Having four 5/65 5 star's is a pretty good indicator.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    No such thing. There is no visible end to the game and new more challenging material keeps being added.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I have act 5 completed but not explored, 1 path of lol done and I 100% UC every month and I don't consider myself as an end game player.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    No such thing. There is no visible end to the game and new more challenging material keeps being added.

This is kind of why I asked. Are we using the term wrong, or modified for this game? should we?

To me, an End game player in general is one that has completed the story or progression of the game, but hasnt 100% everything the game has to offer.

for example, I used to play Assassin's Creed, and Black Flag was one of my favorites. End-game, I would consider finishing the storyline but maybe not defeating all of the elite ships in the corner of the maps.

Another example, finishing a storyline in a super mario world, but not having every single star for every single level. You're still playing the game to go for 100%, but not 100% done.

My personal opinion with this game, used to be in the middle of LoL, and everything else done. I think 100% LoL at this point, and just participating in war/aq/arena is end game, but wanted to hear other's opinions. Once new content comes out, you're no longer an end game player... or are you?
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I don't want to make this a leading question, so I won't have too many details leading up to it.

Pretty simple question. "End-Game Player" as a term has been used across video games for awhile. What do you, as an MCOC summoner, consider an End-Game Player? Whether in general or in relation to the game, and provide reasoning why you feel the way you do.

End game player simply means you have the roster, skill and understanding of the champions ability to tackle end game contents. That's why some may have finished LOL first path but struggle hard to do so probably not consider end game players, while other may not even fully explore act 5 yet because of time or other things in life but they probably can be considered end game player if act 5 wasn't too hard for them.

At the end 100% Lol, monthly EQ, etc are just progress checkpoints, the key is how difficult it is for you to finish those hardest content. And that difficulty is based on your rosters and their ranks, even if you have the skill for it.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    you are endgame player when you're done with the game
  • Master or Platinum alliance. AQ top players doing map 6. Act 5 100%. RTTL/ROL/LOL 100% complete.

As in, all the players who didn't need anymore rank up materials. Thank god we just made an entire quest they can only get through with their already stacked roster.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Endgame pretty much just means high tier player, usually 100% act 5, at least 1 clear of LOL, 100% EQ clear every month, a few days at least of map 6 AQ, platinum/master AW. This is just a rough guideline there's lots of 'end game" players that are burnt out from AW or AQ so they join gold alliances that do map 5 down
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Master or Platinum alliance. AQ top players doing map 6. Act 5 100%. RTTL/ROL/LOL 100% complete.

As in, all the players who didn't need anymore rank up materials. Thank god we just made an entire quest they can only get through with their already stacked roster.

Don't be jealous.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    508ftoglpbfs.jpg
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    508ftoglpbfs.jpg

Um, excuse me, your post is off-topic and not really constructive.

I lol'd :D
    Just a joke for those who have seen the Movie.
    End-Game is colloquially used so much that it's difficult to find an all-round definition. Some use it for those working on End-Game. Some use it for those who have finished everything. I think as a general definition, it's someone on the lower end of progression.
    By lower, I mean upper, as it were. Lol.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Has every title, good chance they're a whale, explored everything, gigantic roster and tons of free time
  • xNig wrote: »
    Master or Platinum alliance. AQ top players doing map 6. Act 5 100%. RTTL/ROL/LOL 100% complete.

Don't be jealous.

Unnecessary and definitely not jealous, thanks though. What a constructive comment.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Endgame means people who spend a lot of time, a lot of money, a lot of units and a lot of items and then they jump on their telegram chat (and why not, here on the forum) showing a 100% event complete image saying: "well, that was easy". It doesn't matter if before the event they had 5k units and after about 2/3k less, or if they fail on day 1 of AQ5 because they have to save items for wars, or if they can't past the first room of the dungeons! They are End-Game Players anyway and proud of their ability to buy stuffs :D:p
  • There's no perfect generally agreed definition of end game player, but in every game I've played that actually had something called an end game the usual definition was someone who had reached the point in the game where there were no more obvious progress gates to cross. In other words, in games like this a lot of content is an obvious stepping stone to higher content. You do Act 4 before you do Act 5. You do RttL before you do LoL. You generally do RoL before LoL. You defeat the Collector to unlock uncollected difficulty.

Right now, the content that is not "stepping stone" to me would be the second half of Act 5 (5.3+), LoL, Uncollected/Epic difficulty, and special events like Boss Rush and Valiant difficulty. If the only things you haven't done yet are those things, You're In The End Game Now as I normally think of it. Once Act 6 arrives, all of Act 5 becomes "stepping stone" and a true end game player would have to have at least completed Act 5 once to unlock Act 6. At some fuzzy point in the future I would consider an end game player to have fully completed Act 5 and only working on Act 6 in the story quest content.

Basically, "end game player" is someone only playing end game content (farming repeatable lower level content is exempted), and end game content is content that isn't superceded by higher difficulty content of the exact same vein.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I would say it's people who actually commit to the grind. They spend, they play a LOT, they learn the champs. They are current in all content. They keep pushing forward and are driven to catch up to the next guy.

Then there's me. Lol
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    edited November 2018
    Me! Haha...jk
  • Elohim16Elohim16 Posts: 65
    Personally, my goal is to have the champs I need to be an asset in both AW and AQ, and a solid skill set being top priority. The other goal is to have enough champs for 4* arena and lower so that when I reach the end of the list, the first champs I've played have already recharged.

At that point, I've done what I feel I need to enjoy the game comfortable. That is my end game.