**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Overlooked champions

2»

Comments

• EffectiveEffective Posts: 111
    If I had to pick one from each Class....
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

Except 4/6 of those aren't overlooked.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Effective wrote: »
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

I don't see them Ranked or used much these days at all.
  • EffectiveEffective Posts: 111
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

It could be because of their low PI. I'm not going to argue the fact that CB, CM, YJ and Ultron have faded into the background, but I would hardly say they are overlooked.

In fact, I still see Ultrons and YJs in AW.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    [/quote]

I don't see them Ranked or used much these days at all. [/quote]

Really? Crossbones is still highly viable. Other champions simply out utility him and where r4 is becoming “easier” to get but still rare you’ll naturally see more Blade/GP/KM in profiles or in PvP as there are champs straight better than him 9.9 times out of 10. I’m also sure that Iceman/Proxima/Curvus and recently Venom hurt him a bit as well but that’s harder to prove

I’ll show you my profile with r4 Ultron. He competes for resources directly with SL and Sparky and for utility directly with Iceman. Again it took 2 god tiers and Nebula mostly killing 546 and having Proxy synergy to even push him down THIS far. Not overlooked just again faces a LOT of competition.

The Marvel Twins are only 100% outclassed by Hyperion and Medusa (and Black Bolt on a technicality that his wife holds his hand). AGAIN, they haven’t lost anything not has anything been added that makes it harder for them it’s just that they face literal GODS! Don’t forget this is COSMIC class. Drax getting “fixed” drastically puts him below then again, Angela/Hela have timing to consider as well as poison vulnerable, Proxy/Hiemdal are specific counters to a VERY amazing defender as well as Proxy being a LOL option, Carnage is another NEW LOL option, Venom has different utility, and Corvus is a special case. In terms of 1-on-1 only 2.5 can actually push her down and she still competes with Hiemdal/Angela/Hela in Damage while keeping her own utility, Venom is a different kind of damage&utility, and then she also directly competes with 2 LOL options for resources. But a backup for Hyperion directly and indirectly for Medusa (who technically is mostly a different kind of damage unless we involved her husband as well as packing very great utility) she’s still amazing. The only real issue is that of what Crossbones deals with except MUCH worse

YJ… again I was pushing it by saying he was a maybe a soft-check to IMIW but you saying he can go against Hyperion shows you’re actually joking. Unless you’re in Heroic or pre-maestro (which has no Hyperions) shows as much. 300% Sp1 OR a free-opening which most AI will usually eat the stun. Which in the case of Hyperion just means you die to te Sp3 only a single combo later. Was it worth it? Never!

Cyclops… inferior to even Colossus thanks to Omega. I can at least say that both magneto are mildly annoying defenders and that OML is decent with drawn out fights and Sabertooth helping him and NC is a terror no matter if used or against. Cyclops having an unboosted critical after losing his the negative armor interactions took him from “eh” to “meh”. ROCKET AND FIXIT also have guaranteed crits with their combo meters. But Fixit again has no damage and Rocket is barely better than the both of them through naturally higher base attacj and his Sp2 that has a high base damage modifier. Hell even Karnak is better thanks to the utility he brings and he’s still trash

Jane… at least she’s better than cyclops. Her boosted crits are slightly better than Cyclops as she can at least abuse them way more often. But those are generally soft hits overall and her chain stun lacks:
    Locks, Kills, Safety. It’s a glorified “easy bait” which again any decent player shouldn’t worry about and use a champion that doesn’t have her training wheels on.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    For reference:

WS
    https://youtu.be/yncI6T402nk

SL
    https://youtu.be/l6at6TCnXXA

~55 hit difference. Margin is wider than I remembered. Still, though.

55 hit difference you have wat appears to be a r3 WS <6000Pi
    compared to a r5 SL almost 10000Pi

If Ws is only 55 hits less that is amazing hats off to WS....... that sahow WS has amazing damage potential. Makes me think a r5 WS may be able to do it less hits....
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

Get out! ...

I could buy CB somewhat but when you said Cyclops it became obvious you’re literally trolling...

You're not exactly welcoming discussion yourself.
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

No one has overlooked captain marvel. Both her and her clone are still as relevant since the first iteration of the game. But Hyperion, Angela, Hela, and even Hiemdal all want a word with you. Ok maybe just Hyperion and Medusa as 1-to-1 but still...

No-one said she was bad; but she's definitely mid-tier behind Hypes, Corvus, Medusa, arguably behind Angela, Venom Hela, Proxima and so on. That's exactly the scenario you were talking about with Blade and Gwenpool overshadowing the other Skill champions.
    That's my opinion. I'm not trolling. Didn't you literally just state the reason you aren't making a Poll is to avoid "My guys are more overlooked than yours?".
    Those Champs are frequently overlooked in the current meta. Yet they're quite useful when used correctly. Cyclops has guaranteed Crit.

Bruh… the distance I can roll my eyes at you rn is limited by my biology and it’s still not enough.

Everyone knows what Crossbones is worth. He was a top tier rank up choice for a LONG time. Again he hasn’t been overlooked he’s just had a mix bag aging as everyone wants an r5 Blade or GP. He’s still Demi-tier and I don’t think he’ll get any lower for another year or two unless Kabam royally messes up his interactions

And Cyclops is Cyclops. Hits like a noodle even in best case scenarios. As someone who had him r3 before the great 12.0 event at his PRIME with Negative-Armor and after the Willpower nerf he still was never any good. Heck CB does more damage and he doesn’t even HAVE critical hits.

Like I said with Jane she’s a mixed bag where yeah on one hand she’s almost like a cute little mini-corvus but in the other her signature just kinda boosting critical damage rating let’s her down as a simple Attack rating junky like an unduped Drax or Marvel (the clones not the inhuman) still pull better weight. Her signature barely puts her in line with unduped champions that are 100% reliant on being duped. Her chain stun is fun but unreliable at best and until Mystic Class fixes her and Iron Fist she’s gonna continue to suck as a champion.

YJ yeah I dropped the ball on explaining why. But let me Level with ya. His Sp1 DoT is pathetic across the board. His Stun from bio-sting is neat gimmick for an opening but a (not a champion) skilled player can bait a heavy without any damage taken and not notice they needed help finding an opening. Furthermore I’m willing to make an exception PURELY in a case where he does absolutely nothing except in a best case scenario sourly substitutes for other champions for a single interaction entirely because he’s over-leveled ala “JRPG New Game PLUS” in a niche that he still isn’t all that viable in due to the amount of specificity required to even attempt it

Again with Ms/Captain Marvel and Ultron no one has ever (and I’m not being hyperbolic when I say “EVER”) said that either (any) of the 2 (3) of them are bad. The only downside is power creep (*sprint) has brought them down to “average” for the roles they fill but when they’re still perfectly viable from 2014 and 2015 respectively still able to keep pace with all the new guys

(exception for the Marvel twins who are solely outpaced entirely by only Hyperion as a poison immune Raw damage brawler with huge damage as the Asgardians aren’t poison immune, KK isn’t as dependable, and Black Bolt needs his wife, who herself relies a lot on debuffs, and doesn’t count)

Cyclops has guaranteed Crit. Everytime. No RNG or formula...

Can you explain this statement, GW? To my knowledge, that's never been part of his power set. Unless you're talking about some synergy I'm unaware of. Corvus and Ghost have guaranteed crits. Cyclops doesn't - he has Precision buffs, and he can crit through a block. That's not the same.

From my perspective, you could make a better case for Blue Cyclops being overlooked - he has passive power gain, his armour breaks last long enough to actually be useful, and his Sig can make his beam attacks Unblockable. All round better than Red Cyclops, I'd say.
    Okay. I gave a response on who I thought is overlooked. I wasn't really planning on arguing ad nauseum about it. I think they're overlooked. That's about it. Agree or disagree. That's up to you.
    @ZombieZedd

I wasn’t arguing he was 😅

I was trying to see how well he stacked up to Star Lord and considering outside of RoL/LoL SL never really gets to 100 hits anyways WS actually keeps up perfectly in step
    And GW dunno what to tell ya. When you claim that 3 junkers are overlooked and that 3 reasonably aged champions are “overlooked” just because players have tended to move on aren’t what anyone means by overlooked. Everyone knows what the 6 you said can do and we all know their places. But to actually claim Cyclops and Jane have potential and call YJ a galidbresponse to Hyperion is literally an example of you creating a non-existent argument that generally speaking is why people jump on you whenever you send Kabam’s rulings. I legitimately cannot fathom how you believe Cyclops or Jane are overlooked and frankly I don’t want to because the level of madness required might actually break my ability to recover from such lunacy
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

i got ultron and cm at rank 4 and i use them both ultron was one of my act 5 MVPS
    edited November 2018
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

i got ultron and cm at rank 4 and i use them both ultron was one of my act 5 MVPS

I'm talking overall. I'm sure the same could be said of many Champs. Someone Ranks them and uses them. I don't see many used of the list I mentioned anymore.
    The OP specified they didn't want the Thread to become a situation where people were claiming their views were more overlooked than others, and that's exactly what it is turning into, on their own part, so I'm out.