**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overlooked champions

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
I’m not gonna make a poll because that tends to create a sort of “my guy is more overlooked than your guy” scenario in the comments. However, I want to know who you guys believe are unfairly glossed over.

My favorite example of a “forgotten” champions are skill class. A lot of champions go missing simply because of Blade and Gwenpool

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    But there is good reason for that to be that way because the other skill champs aren’t that strong
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    But there is good reason for that to be that way because the other skill champs aren’t that strong
    except for winter soldier

• SNEERSNEER Posts: 34
    Killmonger says hello
  • T9951T9951 Posts: 103
    I think overlooked is not the right word . But underutilized is more suiting .

AQ- old man Logan , x-23

AW- hela, sentry, sentinel , x-23 , taskmaster
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Not necessarily forgotten but ones that you wouldn’t take r4 over the top few in their class but overall are amazing in what they do.

Like I said with Masacre. I love using him and I’d happily take a 5* to r3 just because once he gets going he’s a force of nature. Stackable DoT worth up to a little over 8 times my base attack per combo that’s easily refreshed? Yes PLEASE!
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Classic spidey. His sig makes him almost untouchable, his armor break and special 2 are awesome, he's. Great defender and he hits like a truck on offense. Totally overshadowed by his popular tech brother.
  • EffectiveEffective Posts: 111
    except for winter soldier

Yep.

WS is a brutal force that is always overlooked.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Mephisto - with his synergy with Morningstar, his regeneration ability is amazing. Great Champion for questing.
  • Punisher. I love playing with him, and the open wounds thing is crazy good. Like WS, his fury is extremely reliable.
    Psylocke! I’m actually a big fan recently. Taking her R3 partially to burn excess catalysts and partially because her abilities interest me. I see potential though
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If I had to pick one from each Class....
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron
    If I had to pick one from each Class....
    Skill - CB
    Mutant - Cyclops
    Mystic - Jane
    Science - YJ
    Cosmic - Captain Marvel
    Tech - Ultron

Get out! CB was never overlooked as he’s been considered a great AAR champ for a really long time until Blade Taskmaster and specific counters stared popping up. Not overlooked, just old.

I could buy CB somewhat but when you said Cyclops it became obvious you’re literally trolling.

With Jane IDK. Tbf she’s kinda meh still cause only stunned hits get the big critical numbers and her chain stunning is next to useless as it’s not only uncontrollable but she has no ability to survive if it misses like LC, kill with it quite fast enough to be better than LC or Hulk, or make it perfect such as the case with Ronan or certain power reserve chainners

He’s not overlooked. He’s just a very sad imitation of Archangel who is infinitely better in terms of the damaging aspect and the delayed stun aspect. What about both when the enemy is immune? QUAKE! I wish I could say he was at least good for IMIW but I’d be lying as cosmic class basically has 3 champions designed to kill him and overall are better being extremely useful in war, LOL and general play respectively.

No one has overlooked captain marvel. Both her and her clone are still as relevant since the first iteration of the game. But Hyperion, Angela, Hela, and even Hiemdal all want a word with you. Ok maybe just Hyperion and Medusa as 1-to-1 but still.

No one has ever said anything bad about Ultron other than he’s a slow killer. He used to reign as a AW GOD and has since been relegated to one of the most sustainable double immunity solo champs with an pretty good Sp2 when cauterizing
    That's my opinion. I'm not trolling. Didn't you literally just state the reason you aren't making a Poll is to avoid "My guys are more overlooked than yours?".
    Those Champs are frequently overlooked in the current meta. Yet they're quite useful when used correctly. Cyclops has guaranteed Crit.
  • EXPotemkinEXPotemkin Posts: 9
    I'd say Bishop and Phoenix. Phoenux can hit like a truck and a 7+ fury sp3 is usually a death sentence. Bishop was looked down on by top tier but can annihilate skills pretty quickly. He also works great against high physical resistance champs like LC by using sp1.
    EXPotemkin wrote: »
    I'd say Bishop and Phoenix. Phoenux can hit like a truck and a 7+ fury sp3 is usually a death sentence. Bishop was looked down on by top tier but can annihilate skills pretty quickly. He also works great against high physical resistance champs like LC by using sp1.

I'd agree with both of those.
  • Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 179 ★★
    Sentinel is super overlooked in attack.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    Bishop is always fun to play around with can do some pretty sick stuff with him.
    That's my opinion. I'm not trolling. Didn't you literally just state the reason you aren't making a Poll is to avoid "My guys are more overlooked than yours?".
    Those Champs are frequently overlooked in the current meta. Yet they're quite useful when used correctly. Cyclops has guaranteed Crit.

Bruh… the distance I can roll my eyes at you rn is limited by my biology and it’s still not enough.

Everyone knows what Crossbones is worth. He was a top tier rank up choice for a LONG time. Again he hasn’t been overlooked he’s just had a mix bag aging as everyone wants an r5 Blade or GP. He’s still Demi-tier and I don’t think he’ll get any lower for another year or two unless Kabam royally messes up his interactions

And Cyclops is Cyclops. Hits like a noodle even in best case scenarios. As someone who had him r3 before the great 12.0 event at his PRIME with Negative-Armor and after the Willpower nerf he still was never any good. Heck CB does more damage and he doesn’t even HAVE critical hits.

Like I said with Jane she’s a mixed bag where yeah on one hand she’s almost like a cute little mini-corvus but in the other her signature just kinda boosting critical damage rating let’s her down as a simple Attack rating junky like an unduped Drax or Marvel (the clones not the inhuman) still pull better weight. Her signature barely puts her in line with unduped champions that are 100% reliant on being duped. Her chain stun is fun but unreliable at best and until Mystic Class fixes her and Iron Fist she’s gonna continue to suck as a champion.

YJ yeah I dropped the ball on explaining why. But let me Level with ya. His Sp1 DoT is pathetic across the board. His Stun from bio-sting is neat gimmick for an opening but a (not a champion) skilled player can bait a heavy without any damage taken and not notice they needed help finding an opening. Furthermore I’m willing to make an exception PURELY in a case where he does absolutely nothing except in a best case scenario sourly substitutes for other champions for a single interaction entirely because he’s over-leveled ala “JRPG New Game PLUS” in a niche that he still isn’t all that viable in due to the amount of specificity required to even attempt it

Again with Ms/Captain Marvel and Ultron no one has ever (and I’m not being hyperbolic when I say “EVER”) said that either (any) of the 2 (3) of them are bad. The only downside is power creep (*sprint) has brought them down to “average” for the roles they fill but when they’re still perfectly viable from 2014 and 2015 respectively still able to keep pace with all the new guys

(exception for the Marvel twins who are solely outpaced entirely by only Hyperion as a poison immune Raw damage brawler with huge damage as the Asgardians aren’t poison immune, KK isn’t as dependable, and Black Bolt needs his wife, who herself relies a lot on debuffs, and doesn’t count)
    The only things I’ve said are that half of the ones you tried to claim as overlooked are still working exactly as always or are half a peg lower, that 2 of them don’t have anything to overlook just compared to literally 130 champions above them they ARE bottom of the barrel next to Shulk and Falcon, and that one of them technically might be overlooked in the broadest of definition of the word as “yeah but that’s literally what everyone else can do minus the part that a skilled player doesn’t even notice/need”
  • Tomstar124Tomstar124 Posts: 144
    Yondu his damage isn’t that bad bleed through block and a nice block profiency. But I only have 4/40s so haven’t got to play with many champs. At this rate I will rank 5 yondu over my sparky 👀
    @ZombieZedd
    @Iron_Patriot_is_lit

I did a little damage calculations

4* max sig Star Lord gains 5% per hit.
    5* max sig Star Lord gains 6% per hit
    (rounded to the closest 1% by a margin less than -0.03% for 4* and +0.01% for 5*)

4* Star Lord gets a 2000% attack increase
    5* Star Lord gets a 2400% attack increase

5-6* synergy Winter Soldier gets 500% attack increase.

100 hit frame of reference is 500% and 600% respectively for Starlords so between a quarter and a fifth. Still amazing given his Sp1 bleed
    Tomstar124 wrote: »
    Yondu his damage isn’t that bad bleed through block and a nice block profiency. But I only have 4/40s so haven’t got to play with many champs. At this rate I will rank 5 yondu over my sparky 👀

Well that’s a little blasphemous. Not sure is that Sparky is duped or not because that makes a huge difference but Yondu I like using to fight Medusa but usually he’s a solid defender in mid-tier wars and even hit end wars on stun immune if the enemy slips
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Bruh… the distance I can roll my eyes at you rn is limited by my biology and it’s still not enough.

Everyone knows what Crossbones is worth. He was a top tier rank up choice for a LONG time. Again he hasn’t been overlooked he’s just had a mix bag aging as everyone wants an r5 Blade or GP. He’s still Demi-tier and I don’t think he’ll get any lower for another year or two unless Kabam royally messes up his interactions

And Cyclops is Cyclops. Hits like a noodle even in best case scenarios. As someone who had him r3 before the great 12.0 event at his PRIME with Negative-Armor and after the Willpower nerf he still was never any good. Heck CB does more damage and he doesn’t even HAVE critical hits.

Like I said with Jane she’s a mixed bag where yeah on one hand she’s almost like a cute little mini-corvus but in the other her signature just kinda boosting critical damage rating let’s her down as a simple Attack rating junky like an unduped Drax or Marvel (the clones not the inhuman) still pull better weight. Her signature barely puts her in line with unduped champions that are 100% reliant on being duped. Her chain stun is fun but unreliable at best and until Mystic Class fixes her and Iron Fist she’s gonna continue to suck as a champion.

YJ yeah I dropped the ball on explaining why. But let me Level with ya. His Sp1 DoT is pathetic across the board. His Stun from bio-sting is neat gimmick for an opening but a (not a champion) skilled player can bait a heavy without any damage taken and not notice they needed help finding an opening. Furthermore I’m willing to make an exception PURELY in a case where he does absolutely nothing except in a best case scenario sourly substitutes for other champions for a single interaction entirely because he’s over-leveled ala “JRPG New Game PLUS” in a niche that he still isn’t all that viable in due to the amount of specificity required to even attempt it

Again with Ms/Captain Marvel and Ultron no one has ever (and I’m not being hyperbolic when I say “EVER”) said that either (any) of the 2 (3) of them are bad. The only downside is power creep (*sprint) has brought them down to “average” for the roles they fill but when they’re still perfectly viable from 2014 and 2015 respectively still able to keep pace with all the new guys

(exception for the Marvel twins who are solely outpaced entirely by only Hyperion as a poison immune Raw damage brawler with huge damage as the Asgardians aren’t poison immune, KK isn’t as dependable, and Black Bolt needs his wife, who herself relies a lot on debuffs, and doesn’t count)

You asked our view. I expressed it. CB is not a top Rank Up choice. Not for a while. Not in the days of many more useful AAR choices. Jane Foster is definitely underrated. People consider her the worst of the Mystic pulls. She's actually quite a hard hitter. YJ used to be a top choice, but now he's often overlooked because we have more Power Control choices. He used to be a go-to for any Champ that got pushed to Specials like Hyperion. Captain Marvel isn't really seen as something to reach for anymore. Mostly justified by the decent Damage she does in the right hands these days. Ultron is still bomb, but not many people care much anymore. Cyclops has guaranteed Crit. Everytime. No RNG or formula. Yet he's become a Meme for some.
    To be honest, the Meta has shifted and there are many Champs that are overlooked these days. Lol.
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    Masacre for sure. He’s amazing and does insane damage. I have him duped as a 4* 5/50 and he is by far the most fun, and his SP2 into a block wrecks!
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @ZombieZedd
    @Iron_Patriot_is_lit

I did a little damage calculations

4* max sig Star Lord gains 5% per hit.
    5* max sig Star Lord gains 6% per hit
    (rounded to the closest 1% by a margin less than -0.03% for 4* and +0.01% for 5*)

4* Star Lord gets a 2000% attack increase
    5* Star Lord gets a 2400% attack increase

5-6* synergy Winter Soldier gets 500% attack increase.

100 hit frame of reference is 500% and 600% respectively for Starlords so between a quarter and a fifth. Still amazing given his Sp1 bleed

My r3 WS with KM kills ROL WS in about the same amount of hits as my r4 s200 SL.
    For reference:

WS
    https://youtu.be/yncI6T402nk

SL
    https://youtu.be/l6at6TCnXXA

~55 hit difference. Margin is wider than I remembered. Still, though.