**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

God tier 4* vs Dog tier 6* shows really bad game design

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
That really makes me wonder how we just keep looking the other way...

578wlwnzct9g.png
bnfqxiv0blm8.png

Comments

• MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Yea. Most 6* are terrible and need a redesign or buff.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    If there weren't terrible champs, we'd have no incentive to keep running on the hamster wheel. You'd get a set of badasses and pretty much ignore everything else. *cough* 12.0 *cough*
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    it doesn't matter if it Thor or Karnak any player can take out a 6star champ if they have the skill in playing the game. Hill a top tier elite player can do it with a 3star because they has the skill.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    I would like to thank Kabam for giving me such an awesome game. Sometimes the champs aren’t what I’ve mentally pictured them to be, from comics I’ve read or movies I’ve seen. However, this has been BY FAR. The best. App. Ever. Thanks for the good times and keep up the good work!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    Karnak has ben my mvp in variant quset with AA and iceman
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    you realize karnaks not meant for dmg output but to shut down evade and autoblock right?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Looks like Karnack won the fight, at full health. What's the complaint?
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Karnak doesn't start getting large damage crits until he's focused. Did you pair him with the Medusa and BB? Karnak would probably do better over time than Thor.
  • raffster wrote: »
    That really makes me wonder how we just keep looking the other way...

578wlwnzct9g.png
    bnfqxiv0blm8.png

All we have to do is take armor break away from all 4* champs and we can fix this "bad game design" problem.

A 1/25 6* is in ranking tiers only approximately one tier higher than a 5/50 4*, and thus any high damage 5/50 is going to outdamage in many circumstances lower damage 1/25s. Karnak might be one of the more extreme examples of this, but this isn't intrinsically bad game design.

To the extent that there's any game design error shown here, it has nothing to do with Karnak. It has to do with the larger overlap between 4* and 5* champs than desirable. If 5* champs overlapped 4* champs as 6* overlaps 5*, then a 6* 1/25 would be roughly comparable to a 5/65 5* today and there would be far less overlap in damage between 5/50s and 1/25s. But it would still exist for the most extreme damage dealing cases, and that still wouldn't be bad game design. To force all 6* champs to be better than all 5* champs and all 5* champs to be better than all 4* champs would require all champs in the same tier to have very similar stats and capabilities. It would homogenize the champions into boring versions of themselves where nothing would excel, because excelling is numerically identical to impinging on higher rank tiers.