On the new 5* crystal announcement

24567

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,422 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    Isn't it offered through your service?

    Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

    Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

    There's no reason to be rude because someone was mistaken. Also, please tell me how suggesting people do the above is different than using the "B Word".
  • Honestly let's start out by saying I agree . But anyone who has beaten RTL should be compensated or anyone over 200k we get boned on the regular
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
    Is the new meta trying to twist changes in the game into some travesty that requires "compensating" players who have ever done anything in the game? Smh.
  • No he doesn't he does prestige
  • jm_marveljm_marvel Posts: 4
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    You're obviously going to deny it on the official forums but everyone knows you run the infobot which advertises the service and receive a % of the money from it.

    You are misinformed. Not me at all

    Apologies my mistake I did confuse you with someone else.
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Agree with option 3. Opened one Cable crystal and got Antman:(
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    Mutamatt- I have little vested interest in these ideas. Give the top players 50k 5* shards, 5* awakening gems, and 4 rank down tickets? Not what I'd call a good idea. Especially after players like me got screwed over and missed out on the free 5* awakening gem by less than one hundred pi. Just doesn't make sense to give this much compensation out suddenly; throws the balance even further. Kabam's compensation doesn't make people whole; it gives those that were screwed a huge advantage to those that didn't get screwed.

    That being said, you're a good guy with all your guides and stuff, and Kabam is evil. So I hope you get what you want. It really isn't fair what they did with this $500 scam.

    HOWEVER if they do decide to give this compensation, they need to allow everyone else to get it too:
    1. They should reoffer the $500 deal and whoever buys it will also get 20000 5* shards and 2 5* rank down tickets. That's only fair. It wouldn't be fair to give it only to those that were already screwed. Let people decide if they want to get screwed in exchange for compensation.
    2. The awakening gem and rank downs for LOL should only be refunded IF they were used on Classic Ultron and he should then become unawakened.
    3. Players who bought featured crystals and got the basic shouldn't be compensated imo. (I've had it happen 3 times myself, but it's too messy to compensate for that)
  • mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    Isn't it offered through your service?

    Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

    Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

    There's no reason to be rude because someone was mistaken. Also, please tell me how suggesting people do the above is different than using the "B Word".

    I'm not trying to organize anyone, or stop spending on a large scale. Just reminding people that the avenues for making their voices heard are always open.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,422 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    Isn't it offered through your service?

    Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

    Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

    There's no reason to be rude because someone was mistaken. Also, please tell me how suggesting people do the above is different than using the "B Word".

    I'm not trying to organize anyone, or stop spending on a large scale. Just reminding people that the avenues for making their voices heard are always open.
    If that's the logic you're going with.
  • HitmarkerHitmarker Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    What about those who used their resources on the 5 stars avaliable not knowing how easily thwy could have a chance at obtaining one of the 5 stars that passed??? Honestly all i ask for is rank down tickets so i can actually use the resources i earnt on the champs i wanted but thought i wouldnt get a chance at again. Rank down tickets will be a suitable compensation for those who simply didnt thi k thwy had a shot at the 5 stars that passed and used their hard earned resources to settle for avaliable ones.
  • edited May 2017
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    Isn't it offered through your service?

    Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

    Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

    There's no reason to be rude because someone was mistaken. Also, please tell me how suggesting people do the above is different than using the "B Word".

    I'm not trying to organize anyone, or stop spending on a large scale. Just reminding people that the avenues for making their voices heard are always open.
    If that's the logic you're going with.
    It is, I didn't buy the deal, don't have lol completed and ive only opened 1 5* crystal and missed on it.

    I watched friends be heartbroken going 0/10 or worse on fearured crystals. Because at the top they mean that much. I have alliance members who bought the deal only to get venom pool, who will be available in 2 weeks. I've seen guys sell 40 4*s because it was the last shot (or so they thought).

    I know that my suggestions are not perfect but no one can deny that the 500$ deal is shady in retrospect.


  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,422 ★★★★★
    Hitmarker wrote: »
    What about those who used their resources on the 5 stars avaliable not knowing how easily thwy could have a chance at obtaining one of the 5 stars that passed??? Honestly all i ask for is rank down tickets so i can actually use the resources i earnt on the champs i wanted but thought i wouldnt get a chance at again. Rank down tickets will be a suitable compensation for those who simply didnt thi k thwy had a shot at the 5 stars that passed and used their hard earned resources to settle for avaliable ones.

    That's a neverending cycle. There will always be Featured Champs, and they will become old eventually. They will inevitably be added to Crystals. They can't offer compensation to everyone who worked for a Champ that was new, just because they're added to the Crystals.
  • The system was broken, and they are fixing it. They knew the system was broken, yet they squeezed out one more deal. Not cool kabam
  • Decided to skip the replies. I agree with mutamatt.

    Those that have been going for the featured should be getting some shards refunded who didn't get the featured
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I disagree, you shouldn't be compensated because you ran out and bought a deal. This isn't the first time they tried to sell something before changing things. You bought the deal, it was a huge rip off....now you gotta live with it. Next time don't buy the deal thats absurdly priced.
  • ALI3N_DNAALI3N_DNA Posts: 3
    mutamatt wrote: »
    The system was broken, and they are fixing it. They knew the system was broken, yet they squeezed out one more deal. Not cool kabam

    Squeezed out one more deal? They offered a deal and people bought it. Not sure how it was "squeezed".
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

    1. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the $500 deal, and additionally history should've taught people to be skeptical of deals such as that one (i.e. the Dr. Strange deal right before he was nerfed - different scenario but the value of the purchase was definitely altered after the fact). Also, If Kabam were originally to offer that deal with the whopping extra 20,000 shards many more people may have bought it that didn't; giving those shards out after the fact would be extremely unfair to those who didn't see the value in just that crystal, but may have seen value with those shards added.

    2. No one forced anyone to use the awakening gem on Ultron, I know many who didn't because they didn't see his utility as game changing and worthy of awakening. Better features existed prior to this update, just as they do after. Patience and planning ahead would have fixed that issue. And to top it off, what about all the people who complete LoL post announcement? How is it fair that those who did it before would receive two awakening gems? Additionally, no one forced anyone to rank Ultron, if rank down tickets were to be sent out, they should be provided to everyone not just those people. Bringing back feature champions that everyone thought would never be available again is a game changer.

    3. Anyone who recently opened a basic 5* crystal shouldn't be provided extra shards. This would be completely unfair to those who save shards. No one forced them to open a crystal and it is no secret additional 5* champions would be added at some point.

    I see where you're coming from with these ideas and understand the frustration, but I think if some sort of compensation or rank down ticket is provided it should be to every single player, not a very specific group.

    I think you got option 3 wrong. He said only those people get 5* shards back who opened 5* featured crystal (like Cable/Nebula) and got basic champ like(Antman/IP) which is fair enough according to me.
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    Way to be "transparent" like you claim Kabam. Are you going to delete this post and give me another infarction since I'm questioning your transparency and asking for an example of how you've been transparent in a way that veteran players give a $$$ about?

    Planning 5 stars is a few month process if not more for tier2/1 alliances. To those who claim 13 days notice was plenty, you are obviously low tier players like the top 3 posters on the old forums just finding ways to defend their heinous actions. Giving advice despite not being able to beat content from last year or finish a single Master event... ever....

    The game revolves around the acquisition of 5 star shards and how to spend them and takes months of planning, not 13 days. Asking for compensation for players who recently spent 15k to get trash champs who went for champs thinking it was the last time they'd ever be available is a completely reasonable request. We specifically spent the shards thinking champ XYZ would never show up again. Kabam knew this big change was coming and chose to wait till the last minute, and immediately throwing out a bunch of 4 star offers. Shady move again.

    So show your true colors, close the thread since it questions your transparency or answer the question.

    It won't take long before we figure out who the infamous 3 are despite changing their names here, arguing topics above their progression level, especially since they obviously spend more time posting than fighting anything harder than daily Proving Grounds. Taking bets on a couple of them already posted in this thread defending Kascam.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited May 2017
    Rank down tickets should be offered for units permanently. Without the iso but obviously with the catalysts. They can sell iso packages for more units or $$$

    Yes it means that people could constantly adjust their top players to each event accordingly, but it also helps the 80% of mid tier people who really struggle to get t4cc to start the slow focus to 5*. Kabam. 100% dictates the "champions" we get anyways (too bad most are far from resembling a champion of any sort) so unfortunately we have to rank up people we wouldn't want to but have to in order to advance in-game.

    But big picture, more revenue for this unethical company. Every little change people demand more and more free stuff, the worst are the most elite where yes you spend cash (foolishly) but you want an even bigger seperation from the rest of the pack, the ONLY people on earth who might care about who you have or what your pi is, are people who play this game, people you will likely never meet, who have zero relevance in your life, unless you live on here.

    Kabam like every other game company can change what they want, when they want, the ONLY time that Terms & Conditions come into play is on completed products. But guess what people the game is never completed (until the day it dies) so it stays in beta forever.

    Clearly no matter how much they screw you spenders, it doesn't prevent you from spending more.. So like I said.. YOUR FAULT.. It's like 12.0 didn't even happen, or block proficiency/willpower nerf etc etc etc etc.. You fools are too easy to forgive, and many of you changed your game store ratings the day you got more empty promises and a few free items... Literally 2 days after 12.0 which had it not been unveiled by data miners, kabam planned to unveiled to the masses ONLY TWO DAYS before unleashing to everyone.

    Stupid.. Stupid stupid
    Go look in the mirror and repeat that
  • ALI3N_DNAALI3N_DNA Posts: 3
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    Rank down tickets should be offered for units permanently. Without the iso but obviously with the catalysts. They can sell iso packages for more units or $$$

    Yes it means that people could constantly adjust their top players to each event accordingly, but it also helps the 80% of mid tier people who really struggle to get t4cc to start the slow focus to 5*. Kabam. 100% dictates the "champions" we get anyways (too bad most are far from resembling a champion of any sort) so unfortunately we have to rank up people we wouldn't want to but have to in order to advance in-game.

    But big picture, more revenue for this unethical company. Every little change people demand more and more free stuff, the worst are the most elite where yes you spend cash (foolishly) but you want an even bigger seperation from the rest of the pack, the ONLY people on earth who might care about who you have or what your pi is, are people who play this game, people you will likely never meet, who have zero relevance in your life, unless you live on here.

    Kabam like every other game company can change what they want, when they want, the ONLY time that Terms & Conditions come into play is on completed products. But guess what people the game is beverage completed (until the day it dies) so it stays in beta forever.

    Clearly no matter how much they screw you spenders, it doesn't prevent you from spending more.. So like I said.. YOUR FAULT.. It's like 12.0 didn't even happen, or block proficiency/willpower nerf etc etc etc etc.. You fools are too easy to forgive, and many of you changed your game store ratings the day you got more empty promises and a few free items...

    Stupid.. Stupid stupid

    100%.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,422 ★★★★★
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

    1. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the $500 deal, and additionally history should've taught people to be skeptical of deals such as that one (i.e. the Dr. Strange deal right before he was nerfed - different scenario but the value of the purchase was definitely altered after the fact). Also, If Kabam were originally to offer that deal with the whopping extra 20,000 shards many more people may have bought it that didn't; giving those shards out after the fact would be extremely unfair to those who didn't see the value in just that crystal, but may have seen value with those shards added.

    2. No one forced anyone to use the awakening gem on Ultron, I know many who didn't because they didn't see his utility as game changing and worthy of awakening. Better features existed prior to this update, just as they do after. Patience and planning ahead would have fixed that issue. And to top it off, what about all the people who complete LoL post announcement? How is it fair that those who did it before would receive two awakening gems? Additionally, no one forced anyone to rank Ultron, if rank down tickets were to be sent out, they should be provided to everyone not just those people. Bringing back feature champions that everyone thought would never be available again is a game changer.

    3. Anyone who recently opened a basic 5* crystal shouldn't be provided extra shards. This would be completely unfair to those who save shards. No one forced them to open a crystal and it is no secret additional 5* champions would be added at some point.

    I see where you're coming from with these ideas and understand the frustration, but I think if some sort of compensation or rank down ticket is provided it should be to every single player, not a very specific group.

    I think you got option 3 wrong. He said only those people get 5* shards back who opened 5* featured crystal (like Cable/Nebula) and got basic champ like(Antman/IP) which is fair enough according to me.

    There's nothing unfair about it. You buy a Crystal for a chance at a Featured. Not a guarantee. There's a greater chance you'll get a Basic. It's the roll. We can't expect Shards back when we take a chance and don't get what we want. That's the chance we take.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 282
    Absolutely agree. I tried to go for Gwenpool twice, got MK and Colossus, tried to go for Nebula, got Magneto....
  • Josh2712Josh2712 Posts: 21
    We want answers kabam..!
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Lo4eath wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. I tried to go for Gwenpool twice, got MK and Colossus, tried to go for Nebula, got Magneto....

    LOL I just did the exact same thing an hour before the announcement. Tried for Nebula... twice... and got Magneto and MK. If I knew all champs were going into the basics at a later date I would have saved all my shards for May 30th since a handful of the new champs added are very good champs that I'd prefer over Nebula. Asking for recent featured purchased and getting basic champs partial compensation is completely reasonable since this announcement would have changed our decision to buy or wait.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

    1. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the $500 deal, and additionally history should've taught people to be skeptical of deals such as that one (i.e. the Dr. Strange deal right before he was nerfed - different scenario but the value of the purchase was definitely altered after the fact). Also, If Kabam were originally to offer that deal with the whopping extra 20,000 shards many more people may have bought it that didn't; giving those shards out after the fact would be extremely unfair to those who didn't see the value in just that crystal, but may have seen value with those shards added.

    2. No one forced anyone to use the awakening gem on Ultron, I know many who didn't because they didn't see his utility as game changing and worthy of awakening. Better features existed prior to this update, just as they do after. Patience and planning ahead would have fixed that issue. And to top it off, what about all the people who complete LoL post announcement? How is it fair that those who did it before would receive two awakening gems? Additionally, no one forced anyone to rank Ultron, if rank down tickets were to be sent out, they should be provided to everyone not just those people. Bringing back feature champions that everyone thought would never be available again is a game changer.

    3. Anyone who recently opened a basic 5* crystal shouldn't be provided extra shards. This would be completely unfair to those who save shards. No one forced them to open a crystal and it is no secret additional 5* champions would be added at some point.

    I see where you're coming from with these ideas and understand the frustration, but I think if some sort of compensation or rank down ticket is provided it should be to every single player, not a very specific group.

    I think you got option 3 wrong. He said only those people get 5* shards back who opened 5* featured crystal (like Cable/Nebula) and got basic champ like(Antman/IP) which is fair enough according to me.

    I must've misread, but that's absolutely ludacris - in that respect EVERYONE who has EVER opened a feature crystal and not pulled the feature should get shards. No one forces anyone to open feature crystals and they know the risks / rewards; just because you don't get what you want doesn't mean you deserve compensation. What is going to be requested next? Kabam just give you whatever champ you want?
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 303 ★★
    I watched friends be heartbroken going 0/10 or worse on fearured crystals. Because at the top they mean that much. I have alliance members who bought the deal only to get venom pool, who will be available in 2 weeks. I've seen guys sell 40 4*s because it was the last shot (or so they thought).
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    mutamatt wrote: »
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

    Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

    Isn't it offered through your service?

    Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

    Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

    There's no reason to be rude because someone was mistaken. Also, please tell me how suggesting people do the above is different than using the "B Word".

    I'm not trying to organize anyone, or stop spending on a large scale. Just reminding people that the avenues for making their voices heard are always open.
    If that's the logic you're going with.
    It is, I didn't buy the deal, don't have lol completed and ive only opened 1 5* crystal and missed on it.

    I watched friends be heartbroken going 0/10 or worse on fearured crystals. Because at the top they mean that much. I have alliance members who bought the deal only to get venom pool, who will be available in 2 weeks. I've seen guys sell 40 4*s because it was the last shot (or so they thought).

    I know that my suggestions are not perfect but no one can deny that the 500$ deal is shady in retrospect.


    Exactly.

    'At the top' choices to choose to go for feature crystals or not MATTER. Investments of huge amounts of money and resources have to weighed CAREFULLY. This is how competitive and difficult the prestige and end-game is.

    Changing the rules mid-game really screws over a lot of us.

    It's another 12.0 fiasco with limited foresight into how it affects the prior players.
  • Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

    1. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the $500 deal, and additionally history should've taught people to be skeptical of deals such as that one (i.e. the Dr. Strange deal right before he was nerfed - different scenario but the value of the purchase was definitely altered after the fact). Also, If Kabam were originally to offer that deal with the whopping extra 20,000 shards many more people may have bought it that didn't; giving those shards out after the fact would be extremely unfair to those who didn't see the value in just that crystal, but may have seen value with those shards added.

    2. No one forced anyone to use the awakening gem on Ultron, I know many who didn't because they didn't see his utility as game changing and worthy of awakening. Better features existed prior to this update, just as they do after. Patience and planning ahead would have fixed that issue. And to top it off, what about all the people who complete LoL post announcement? How is it fair that those who did it before would receive two awakening gems? Additionally, no one forced anyone to rank Ultron, if rank down tickets were to be sent out, they should be provided to everyone not just those people. Bringing back feature champions that everyone thought would never be available again is a game changer.

    3. Anyone who recently opened a basic 5* crystal shouldn't be provided extra shards. This would be completely unfair to those who save shards. No one forced them to open a crystal and it is no secret additional 5* champions would be added at some point.

    I see where you're coming from with these ideas and understand the frustration, but I think if some sort of compensation or rank down ticket is provided it should be to every single player, not a very specific group.

    I think you got option 3 wrong. He said only those people get 5* shards back who opened 5* featured crystal (like Cable/Nebula) and got basic champ like(Antman/IP) which is fair enough according to me.

    There's nothing unfair about it. You buy a Crystal for a chance at a Featured. Not a guarantee. There's a greater chance you'll get a Basic. It's the roll. We can't expect Shards back when we take a chance and don't get what we want. That's the chance we take.

    I understand what you are saying. I knew the chances that i either get featured or basic but if i would have waited then i also get chance at Rogue/ghost rider/ Dr voodoo etc instead of getting basic champs. I see it more helpful than current system
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 224 ★★
    edited May 2017
    As a player who has went for many featured 5* heroes, popping anywhere from 3-5 crystals on each one I was going for (I did luck out & miss on a few), the only thing I see wrong with this, is the order they're being released in. They should have started with Venom, as he was the very first featured 5* champ to be introduced, along with the 5 that came after him. No way that it should have been skipped all the way up to Mordo & Loki being added into the regular 5* crystals before the first 5 that were released, when they both came into the contest much, much later. That is the only thing I feel is wrong with this.

This discussion has been closed.