**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery changes should be made permanently free.

As the title says, it’s an unnecessary unit sink for something that when free adds a ton of player agency. No one is realistically paying money to change masteries, so making them free would not negatively impact kabams bottom line, while also making the player base happy. A win/win situation should be a no brainer to implement.

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ugh no, when masteries are free players are all but obligated to switch them up when participating it the many game modes within the game. Under the current system for changing masterys it would be a burden to wait out each mastery points allocation and impact enjoyment of the game daily and that would impact Kabam’s bottom line.
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »
    As the title says, it’s an unnecessary unit sink for something that when free adds a ton of player agency. No one is realistically paying money to change masteries, so making them free would not negatively impact kabams bottom line, while also making the player base happy. A win/win situation should be a no brainer to implement.

NO NO NO!!! I'm all for free stuff, but letting everyone take advantage of setting defense with certain masteries, then changing their masteries during attack..... NAH!! Let them units fly lol
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »

NO NO NO!!! I'm all for free stuff, but letting everyone take advantage of setting defense with certain masteries, then changing their masteries during attack..... NAH!! Let them units fly lol

It costs like 50 units to change all your masteries, at the most. Prob less. That's 3 arena milestones, it's not stopping anyone, it's just kind of annoying.
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    I would honestly appreciate just having two pages. Wouldn't mind saving up the units to buy them even, if it meant never having to manually change them again. Would be a really nice QoL update
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I’d compromise in being able to click on what you want to remove to not have to redue your whole tree
  • Options
    LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    Sixshot1 wrote: »
    I would honestly appreciate just having two pages. Wouldn't mind saving up the units to buy them even, if it meant never having to manually change them again. Would be a really nice QoL update

Yep this is the middle ground alternative to free, and one I would support as well. Look at MOBA’s that have successfully implemented this, even though some like LoL are free to change now. They used to be buy the runes, masteries, and pages to be able to swap faster. Paying for something you’ve already paid for again is a redundant waste, especially when it’s just an annoyance rather than an actual unit sink.
  • Options
    Midnite93 wrote: »
    They sometimes are free during certain events

Not really the point. I shouldn’t have to pay 100 units to take 4 points out of suicides and put them back in deep wounds
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    One time fee of like 250 units to unlock a second mastery set up. Charge 25 units per switch. Units are drained and players get a little convenience. Seems like a logical balance, so.. won't happen!
  • Options
    I’d take that over this but we should have to pay anything. We also will never get a reaponse on this from kabam ever.
  • Options
    LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    Omni wrote: »
    I’d take that over this but we should have to pay anything. We also will never get a reaponse on this from kabam ever.

They don’t respond to any relevant community feedback that would lead to improvements, that is not their focus.
  • Options
    You’re 100 percent correct they would rather police the forums for negative posts than implement things users want
  • Options
    I agree with having the masteries free, after all you have to pay a fee to unlock them.
    Why should we continually have to pay units when we switch them up for different modes? Those units could be better spent on healing items, with content becoming more challenging, and the gifting system removed, it would help a lot.