**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to be the best MCOC Player ever! (No joke)

dsqgvoai51va.jpeg

This is me. I is probibly the bestest plyr in the whole wide game. I is totally awesume. If u want to git gud lik me, u must do 6 things.

Git a lot of moneh.
Git Uncolected.
Git a 5* Corbus Glove.
Spend no mor than 15 huors on the game per deay.
Git big & strong alliunce.
Worship almighty Kabam.

That is al! U will probibly nvr git as gud as me, but u can try. Gud Luck!

Ok, in all seriousness though, I feel this is what players think of, when they think of being good at MCOC. And that my friends… is 100% FALSE!
Honestly… what must you do to consider yourself good? Good is a matter of perspective, as is bad. Good & bad however… is also a matter of comparison. So who/what are you comparing yourself too? Whatever it is… it's not good. In fact, it's awful. Because when comparing, you turn this game from a regular, fun to play game… to a d*** measuring contest.

Every day, lower-mid level players tell me “I’ll never catch up, there are too many 5*s & 6*’s everywhere, & I only have a few 4*’s!” To that I ask “who are you trying to catch up with?”... & to that respond something like this… “I don’t know, all the higher end players I guess.” But why must you compare yourself to high end players!?

This is just plain toxic, & I feel its one of the games worst problems currently. You can see this with AW, people saying its just a cash grab & ‘Whale Milking Fiesta’. So why play hardcore AW then? Nobody is forcing you to. You say “oh, its so I can stay competitive of course.” BUT WHY DO YOU NEED TO STAY COMPETITIVE??? And why do you need to be up there with the higher end players??? Again, things like this turns MCOC from a game, to a d*** measuring contest, & nobody wants that.

To be a good player, simply do what you enjoy. The point of the game is to have fun, & no matter what you are doing in-game, if you are having fun, you’ve succeeded. I recently saw a player 5/65 they’re 5* Kamala. Why not 5/65 Corvus, you may ask? Because he likes KK more, simple as that. He doesn’t care about comparing himself to others, he just wants to have fun, & with KK, he has a lot of fun.

A player trucking through Act 5, is no better than a new player taking out Kang in Act 1. Its not about where you're at, or what you've done. Its a game all about fun… & whoever is having more fun, is better at the game. If you enjoy staying competitive, gun for high end AW. If you enjoy questing more, stick to Story & EQ. If you like chilling out & playing with friends, stick to casual AW/AQ & Dungeons. No matter what, enjoy the game for what it is, A GAME. Not a d*** measuring contest. And that will make you the best player you can be. :)

Comments

• Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    98FF_ wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    Got told "It's ok... size doesn't matter", huh?

Lol... no. The reason I made this post was because of a YouTuber getting some backlash recently for explaining how he came to like AW, & was explaining how others can grow to like it too. Truth is, you don't have to grow to like anything. Too many people say things like "I'm hating the game because of AW"... or Dungeons.. or whatever. Truth is, there are nearly a dozen modes in MCOC, & if you dislike 1 or 2, you can just step away from it. Sure, you won't progress as fast as others, but again... there comes the comparing & **** measuring.

Sorry. It was too good to pass up.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Kang is act 2
  • Options
    98FF_98FF_ Posts: 59
    Kang is act 2

Lol... my bad
  • Options
    Bash93Bash93 Posts: 7
    I upgraded my Old Man Logan cuz the comic series is one of my favorites. He aint too good in AW defense though haha but hes good for questing though
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    I thought it was using a 2* SWitch and KO a 6* rank 2 duped CG with zero health loss.

;)
  • Options
    BossdogBossdog Posts: 30
    Leave Brian Grant alone!!!
  • Options
    Bossdog wrote: »
    Leave Brian Grant alone!!!

Sorry if I made it seem like I was dumping on him, honestly wasn't my intention. I love BG, & his Burnout video. But still, many people seemed to still be bitter about AW. That is what prompted me to create this post... to tell people you don't have to like, nor play AW if you don't want to. You won't progress as fast as others, but who cares... if you are enjoying the game, that's all that matters. Focus the modes you enjoy, not the ones you don't just so you progress faster & look cooler.
  • Options
    Dshu wrote: »
    Best post on the forum in a long time

Thanks dude. Appreciate it :)
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 wrote: »
    Pffft. If had rank 5 Corbus Glove, me also be gud! As well Braid, Dumbino, ands Goats. Me just can no do 100% LOL, map 6, 5* arena, etc, to get. Because me is aktully not gud. Cruel irony.

LMFAO
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    98FF_ wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    Got told "It's ok... size doesn't matter", huh?

Lol... no. The reason I made this post was because of a YouTuber getting some backlash recently for explaining how he came to like AW, & was explaining how others can grow to like it too. Truth is, you don't have to grow to like anything. Too many people say things like "I'm hating the game because of AW"... or Dungeons.. or whatever. Truth is, there are nearly a dozen modes in MCOC, & if you dislike 1 or 2, you can just step away from it. Sure, you won't progress as fast as others, but again... there comes the comparing & **** measuring.

Yeah, essentially echoing bg’s sentients. A message that more of us need to hear.
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    Can someone summarize? I am not reading that absolute Great Wall of Text

"if you have fun in the game , it means you are good at the game "
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I’m just here to have fun. So far mission accomplished.
  • Options
    HoliolioHoliolio Posts: 24
    It is a fun and addictive game. I'll get uncollected eventually.
  • Options
    Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Holiolio wrote: »
    It is a fun and addictive game. I'll get uncollected eventually.

Agreed
  • Options
    cherascheras Posts: 112
    @98FF_ What device are you using ?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    mcoccheras wrote: »
    @98FF_ What device are you using ?

2018 iPad 9.7. I would highly suggest you stick to iOS for the best MCOC experience

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-9-7
  • Options
    I’m just here to have fun. So far mission accomplished.

This!^... that's excellent dude!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Bash93 wrote: »
    I upgraded my Old Man Logan cuz the comic series is one of my favorites. He aint too good in AW defense though haha but hes good for questing though

Team him up with Sabretooth & OML gets fairly sustainable. Not a bad champ indeed
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    The contest isn’t a contest. - Buddha
  • Options
    saanandsaanand Posts: 10
    What u told is absolutely right bro. For me I quit upgrading my 5* champs a while ago. Why u ask..??? Just because I got amazing 4*s at max Sig compared to my **** 5*s. So I'm playing the game on my own pace and I don't care that other guys are upping there 5*s
    😘😘😘
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Yeah I'm just chillin doing what I can. As soon as I start stressing over something I remind myself that it's not worth it.

Our alliance does war when enough people are feeling it, and we have some communication but it's very laid back.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Hard to have fun when you are getting curb stomped everywhere lol. As you can see, I’ve uploaded a picture of my roster here.fax5sdmsdijp.png
    It’s hard being a free to play player with terrible luck. If I had decent champions, I’d be inclined to grind to actually progress, but since I just can’t pull a decent 4 star, and my first 5 stars were trash, it makes me not want to play the game. I’m about 4/10 of my way to my third 5 star. If it’s another trash champion, I’m probably just going to kick the bucket as I just can’t be bothered. I was initially going for uncollected, but I reached a point where I just can’t progress further (5.1.3) and not even that I’m bad, just the fact that there’s a stupid debuff where I loose 100 health per second in the quest and that’s ultimately the reason I can’t beat that level, but as I said, I’m waiting for my third 5 star to see if anything will change lol, fingers crossed for a god tier
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Tiger360 wrote: »
    Hard to have fun when you are getting curb stomped everywhere lol. As you can see, I’ve uploaded a picture of my roster here.fax5sdmsdijp.png
    It’s hard being a free to play player with terrible luck. If I had decent champions, I’d be inclined to grind to actually progress, but since I just can’t pull a decent 4 star, and my first 5 stars were trash, it makes me not want to play the game. I’m about 4/10 of my way to my third 5 star. If it’s another trash champion, I’m probably just going to kick the bucket as I just can’t be bothered. I was initially going for uncollected, but I reached a point where I just can’t progress further (5.1.3) and not even that I’m bad, just the fact that there’s a stupid debuff where I loose 100 health per second in the quest and that’s ultimately the reason I can’t beat that level, but as I said, I’m waiting for my third 5 star to see if anything will change lol, fingers crossed for a god tier

Fyi,
    Hela, MS, HE, TM, Psyloke are all great champs
    Even Loki, SymbiotSpidey, BP, will all help you get along way.

you may not have what you deem to be gods but rest assured you have a more than capable roster to get you a fair way.
    for Lvl 36 your account is doing just fine.
    if you started playing 2 years ago you could not even dream of 2 5* by the time you were lvl 36.
    if you are at 5.1.3 at lvl 36 with that roster than you have nothing to worry about. just lvl them up a bit and you will be fine.