**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Uncollected Red Hulk Heavy Attack Bug

Anyone else having issue of red hulk heavy attacking right after you dash back and the animation of red hulk jumping towards you to still hit you for 1 shot KO even though your not in melee distant? This happened to me twice before I recorded the third instance. Idk where to post the video though.

Comments

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

If you post a video on youtube, you can then link it here which would be really helpful.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Yes, happened to me a couple of times. It’s like he’s able to jump across the screen, nice litle feature isn’t it 😑
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    I noticed it recently as well. Thought for sure I was in a safe distance, at least 1 1/2 dash-back distance but he slid forward to hit me
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    That's like a 2 year deja vu.

Every character has a small heavy forward lunge... even the ones you control ...

I agree but not that far of a forward lunge.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    I got hit by this too. Also thought it was my fault but I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong. I’ve stopped Uncollected for now, I’ll try again in a few days.
  • Moderators, Any update on this?
  • Hey there, we slowed it down and took a look at this and were able to confirm that it is not a bug. When the heavy attack is initiated, it will hit the opponent if they are within a certain distance. In order to prevent scenarios where the first part would hit, but the second part would miss, the first part of the heavy attack has some slide. This will occur when players use Red Hulk as well and landing both hits of the heavy attack would be much more difficult for those who had him if this slide wasn't implemented.

The slide will occur when the attack is started within a certain distance of the target. If the attack is started outside that range, it will just miss. Going frame by frame through that video, you can see that Red Hulk drops his block and begins the animation to charge his heavy attack while he is still next to M.O.D.O.K., which is why the slide occurred. If M.O.D.O.K. had been out of that range before the attack started, the slide wouldn't have occurred. Hope that helps clear things up!
    It doesn't clear it up at all, in my opinion. There were times in that video where it appeared that MODOK was at the same distance when Red Hulk threw a heavy atrack but Hulk didn't "slide" like he did in that last Heavy that KOd MODOK. Seems inconsistent.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Not a bug as conformed by mod
  • Couldn’t have said it better myself! I’ve tried many times very inconsistent doesn’t make any sense.
    It doesn't clear it up at all, in my opinion. There were times in that video where it appeared that MODOK was at the same distance when Red Hulk threw a heavy atrack but Hulk didn't "slide" like he did in that last Heavy that KOd MODOK. Seems inconsistent.

• Hey there, we slowed it down and took a look at this and were able to confirm that it is not a bug. When the heavy attack is initiated, it will hit the opponent if they are within a certain distance. In order to prevent scenarios where the first part would hit, but the second part would miss, the first part of the heavy attack has some slide. This will occur when players use Red Hulk as well and landing both hits of the heavy attack would be much more difficult for those who had him if this slide wasn't implemented.

The slide will occur when the attack is started within a certain distance of the target. If the attack is started outside that range, it will just miss. Going frame by frame through that video, you can see that Red Hulk drops his block and begins the animation to charge his heavy attack while he is still next to M.O.D.O.K., which is why the slide occurred. If M.O.D.O.K. had been out of that range before the attack started, the slide wouldn't have occurred. Hope that helps clear things up!

I just tried this again with more scenarios where red hulk heavy attacks and recorded it, and same thing happened where I evade the heavy and then out of nowhere I’ll get slided on I went frame by frame like you and leiva_dark showed above and I’m the same distance to red hulk in both scenarios when I successfully evade and when I get hit by the heavy. I’ll post the video in the next post!
  • This needs to be revisited carefully by moderators instead of quickly dismissing.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    _Unbound1 wrote: »
    This needs to be revisited carefully by moderators instead of quickly dismissing.

Wasting mods time should be against TOS as well
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    when people are talking about the slide it makes perfect sense from a coding perspective.
    there will be a point at which he connects with no slide....
    there will be a point at which he needs to slide....
    there will be a point at which he will no longer slide and you can dex....

these will be fixed points in the code and not something that changes.
    you must be on the cusp of the points at which this happens for it to appear to be the same distance at one point you can dex and another which you cant.

for example. any distance from rhulk in the range of 900 to 1100 may visually appear to be exactly the same distance.
    however from a coding perspective he may only trigger the slide at 950 to 1050.
    meaning you could be at a point either side where the slide does not happen .
    at distance of 1049 slide happens and you incorrectly dex
    at distance of 1051 no slide happens and you correctly dex.
    both however visually appear to happen at the same distance.

TL:DR your eyes are not as accurate as the measurment distances used in coding.

another perfect example of the slide is KG sp1. sometimes it feels like he slides halfway across the screen and gets me. other times not.