**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who thought it was a good idea to pair these buffs...

...with a power flood node?

Comments

• AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    Also explain to me how memorize is suppose to be 7% chance but it’s really 100% chance on hits
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Are we missing something? What buffs paired with power flood?
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Aryanna wrote: »
    Also explain to me how memorize is suppose to be 7% chance but it’s really 100% chance on hits

Memorize procced once on me in all 5 difficulties.

Hyperbolic much?
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178
    Mesmerize buff - Using Void or Blade or anyone who hits hard.. I would do Parry then 2/3 hits, repeat until opponent is dead.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Mesmerize buff - Using Void or Blade or anyone who hits hard.. I would do Parry then 2/3 hits, repeat until opponent is dead.

We can do this with any champ just make enemy dash at you then parry and do MLM combo repeat
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

nah, it procced for me about 5-10 percent of the time. so i think rng is holding a grudge against you rn.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    A 7% chance to trigger does not mean that it happens once every 14, 28 hits, or that you may reasonably assume that it doesn't happen twice in quick succession.

While it is undoubtedly true that with a large enough sample size (number of total hits) it will show 7% (number of mesmerize triggers), fights don't last long enough and don't require enough hits to accurately measure whether it is 7%. It is very possible to have a mesmerize trigger twice in a row, because the chance to trigger on ANY hit is as high as on ANY other; chances of an activation don't drop after it has triggered (like a cooldown mechanic).
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    ...with a power flood node?

I bring a 4/55 OG Vision for it. Not even a problem with all the buffs on. OG Vision or even a 5/50 Vision would be just fine.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    A 7% chance to trigger does not mean that it happens once every 14, 28 hits, or that you may reasonably assume that it doesn't happen twice in quick succession.

While it is undoubtedly true that with a large enough sample size (number of total hits) it will show 7% (number of mesmerize triggers), fights don't last long enough and don't require enough hits to accurately measure whether it is 7%. It is very possible to have a mesmerize trigger twice in a row, because the chance to trigger on ANY hit is as high as on ANY other; chances of an activation don't drop after it has triggered (like a cooldown mechanic).

To amplify: this is a randomly generated sequence of 7% chance to evade results:

- - - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E - E - - - - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So is this:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - - - - - - E E - - - - - - - - - E E - E - - - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - - E - - - - - - - -

That sequence of three evades in four swings doesn't mean my generator is broken, it means random is random. The first sequence is relatively sparse, the second one is much more bursty. Again: random is random. Both sequences were generated using Python, which uses the Mersenne twister. Mersenne passes the Diehard tests, which means you aren't going to detect a flaw in the generator with human eyeballs watching sequences short enough to fit on Earth.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Both sequences were generated using Python, which uses the Mersenne twister. Mersenne passes the Diehard tests, which means you aren't going to detect a flaw in the generator with human eyeballs watching sequences short enough to fit on Earth.

Ahh, but does it pass the Diehardwithavengeance tests?
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Mesmerise is 35% chance in a combo of 5 hits . That is a huge chance to trigger it
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

Trick is to perry hit 3 hits with pacifiy mastery on full and or use a champ that lowers ability accuracy. Never been mesmerized.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Mesmerise is 35% chance in a combo of 5 hits . That is a huge chance to trigger it

Um, I don't think you've got the math quite right there. But you get a B+ for effort.
    Well done.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Both sequences were generated using Python, which uses the Mersenne twister. Mersenne passes the Diehard tests, which means you aren't going to detect a flaw in the generator with human eyeballs watching sequences short enough to fit on Earth.

Ahh, but does it pass the Diehardwithavengeance tests?

Yippie kai yay RNG.
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Um, I don't think you've got the math quite right there. But you get a B+ for effort.
    Well done.

I kno . I didn’t have the time to calculate the true percentage which is close to 35% . Arithmetic addition is good enough to make my point .
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

Dude, no, that's not how it works. That means that in a set of 15 hits it would be 105%, which is impossible.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    If that 7% chance was a drop rate to pull a god-tier champ in a crystal it would not nearly proc as much as it does. But you know, because mesmerize works against you... 😅

Dude, no, that's not how it works. That means that in a set of 15 hits it would be 105%, which is impossible.

True, although for small numbers linear addition gives ballpark decent numbers. The chance to fire at least once in a five combo is 1 - (1-0.7)^5 ~= 30.43%.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Parry 3 hits M-L-M easy game easy life

True, although for small numbers linear addition gives ballpark decent numbers. The chance to fire at least once in a five combo is 1 - (1-0.7)^5 ~= 30.43%.

Thank you for writing the exact percentage.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It actually never procs for me. Because I realize that you might want to take an evasion-counter like Iceman or Venom 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or use DV for those long parry stuns