**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New update on Apple or Google stores [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    well I guess ill have to play Fork Knife :wink:
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Karnage wrote: »
    DBagz wrote: »
    What's the point of doing legends runs when Apple IOS gets a head start.

iOS users don't get a "head start". Your clock starts when you begin, NOT when the event starts.

They don't get a headstart, but they get faster loading times making it easier to get a lower time on Apple than it is Android. I would love a legend's title, but I'll never bother because I don't want to buy an iPhone and the chances of getting it while using an android are pretty slim

Agreed, but that's apples and oranges.
  • LilcaineLilcaine Posts: 131
    When is it coming out been waiting to 100%
  • It's 11:08 PST at the time of me writing this and I've still not seen the update come in for the new event quest. Seatin just finished his livestream of completing Uncollected difficulty.
    How am I supposed to try and get the Legends title if the update is so far behind? I know it's probably on Google's play store end, however.
    Though this combined with the constant connection issue is fairly upsetting.
    Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks in advance for any clarity or solutions!

And I'm using the LG V40 ThinQ on the latest update.
    Join the club. Android update is late AGAIN.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    It should be out now. What device are you on?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★
    Its not on Android yet.
  • LilcaineLilcaine Posts: 131
    Android do u know when its suppose to be out for us?
    You can still get Legends, that has NOTHING to do with when the event starts but when YOU start the Event.

EVERY Android user is having the issue, hence the massive threas about the topic.
    Im on IOS so I wouldn't know.
    Lilcaine wrote: »
    Android do u know when its suppose to be out for us?

Should be out, but Kabam dropped the ball again.
    lol maybe you should just get IOS
    Inkvajt wrote: »
    Do you guys remember a time when the Android release used to be up to 2 hours before the iOS release? I remember those days, and the conversations were flipped then. That used to be the norm. Somewhere along the way... things changed.... Memories...

We don't have control over how long it takes for the Google Play store to propagate a new release to their servers. If we did, we would definitely have them both out at the same time.

Maybe unleash update one day before new event start? Nobody says you have to allow players to play new EQ before it officialy starts. Make the countdown like for other stuff.

In the past, weren't there times when 2 events would be bundled into 1 update so that as soon as one ended, the next one began? Then this would allow for time to get the next update out before the last one ends. Or am I thinking of other games that do this because it makes sense?
    lol maybe you should just get IOS

Maybe I don't want an Apple device.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Apple user finish new quest... Android no update 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
  • What's the problem whit the android devices? Why the preference by the ios devices?
    @Sabrefencer XD yeah I know. Just kidding.
  • @Nightwraith21 the update coming late really wouldn't effect a Legend run. Just make sure you plan accordingly once it is live. Legend times have nothing to do with the quest going live. It's all based on when you start either Heroic or Master as you have to 100% both to do it. There's a rather large window timewise to do such. Good luck though!! Kick out a run in Uncollected to learn the Maps, and then be prepared to sit and rock the game nonstop for about 4ish hours to cleanup Heroic and Master in 1 swoop. I hope you have a bunch of boosts and energy refills ready.

The connection issues supposedly have been dealt with. Once the update goes live for Android, we shall see how true that is.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Do you guys remember a time when the Android release used to be up to 2 hours before the iOS release? I remember those days, and the conversations were flipped then. That used to be the norm. Somewhere along the way... things changed.... Memories...

We don't have control over how long it takes for the Google Play store to propagate a new release to their servers. If we did, we would definitely have them both out at the same time.

The "fix" for this is trivial though, just offer the Android APK, and we can download it ourselves, and install it that way.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Nothing to do with Kabam, googles just slower then apple at providing the update to us.
    @Sabrefencer XD yeah I know. Just kidding.

I didn't even want to give in to Google.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★
    It's 11:08 PST at the time of me writing this and I've still not seen the update come in for the new event quest. Seatin just finished his livestream of completing Uncollected difficulty.
    How am I supposed to try and get the Legends title if the update is so far behind? I know it's probably on Google's play store end, however.
    Though this combined with the constant connection issue is fairly upsetting.
    Anyone else having the same problem? Thanks in advance for any clarity or solutions!

And I'm using the LG V40 ThinQ on the latest update.

So knowing its on Google plays end, you are still complaining when Kabam can't do anything about it? You have 2 weeks for a legends time. Others finishing first on iOS have no impact on when you try. Its best to wait a few days just to make sure there aren't any surprises anyway.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    SparkAlot wrote: »

The "fix" for this is trivial though, just offer the Android APK, and we can download it ourselves, and install it that way.

There are probably liability issues associated with offering the APK outside of the official installer environment, and there's probably something in their Google partnership that says they can't circumvent the Play Store like that.

That said, there's another trivial fix, which is to just submit the update to Google earlier and tell Google to have it available 24 hours or whatever before the EQ starts.
  • This is off topic but how do you like playing on a v40. I'm thinking of getting a g7 and since those two are comparable I was wondering how you liked yours

I love it. You gotta change your frames to not get lag, but otherwise it's a wonderful phone to play on. Very smooth.
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Maybe don't send the update to Apple and Google play at the last minute? You had become more efficient by sending updates one or two days before, but then you regressed to bad habits. Could you please, kabam, go back to the memories of why you started to send updates at least a day before?
  • Android users aren't able to download the new update.
This discussion has been closed.