**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 21.3 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• SpiderBroSpiderBro Posts: 80
    Game crash during or every fight can't play
  • Ashish654Ashish654 Posts: 10
    Karnage wrote: »
    To be honest there's doesn't seem to be much difference in lag and crashing on this update compared to the previous ones. It seems roughly about the same (barely noticeable on my device).
    But those connection drops man, jesus...
    Literally every time I try to do anything at the moment I get connection issues wether on 5g WiFi at my shop, standard WiFi at home, or my 4g data connection from either of my phones.
    Honestly can't be bothered to go and look up all those details you ask for, but I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, on the latest version of software. But it's clearly nothing to do with my device or my connection as the only issue I ever get with connection is on MCoC, but it is getting worse with every update instead of better it would appear. And it happens no matter what I'm doing, ranking/levelling up champs, opening crystals, launching quests, before and after fights, it seems to be worst when I'm levelling champs though.
    The info that I know off the top of my head:
    Galaxy s9 plus on latest software, game is fully updated, and it's exactly the same regardless of where I connect or what connection speeds I'm getting, and I can't put my in game name without spending a couple of hours again searching through special characters on Google.

Actually they don't know anything. They are only interested in making money. The best way to stop the lag is that if their engineers are not capable to solve a single bug in last 2 years then they should shut down the mcoc game and also they should not bring out monthly event quests and all..
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    greatuser wrote: »
    In-Game Name: greatuser
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Device Operating System: Andrioid version 7.0; MIUI version Global 10.1 (latest updated version)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (no problem with the connection)
    Game Version Installed: 21.3 duh
    Game Mode: Event quest, alliance quest, alliance war, arena
    Description of the Issue:
    - Loading pages between fight take too much time they vary between 1-3 minutes and sometimes more. The loading time takes more time than the actual fight thus throwing away most of my gaming time only waiting to load. I have lost so many time on my boost for AW or event quest. If I open (spectate) map in AQ and AW, it will also have a very long loading page.
    - The game is lagging so bad in the crystal page. Scrolling down takes so much patience because of the lag. Sometimes I accidentally use units for a crystal that I don't even want because of the lag. Opening crystal takes a long time to load.
    - Arena fights don't have the same issue on the loading pages. However, it lags really bad when I try to choose champs.
    - The lags and long loading page have been bugging me since December. I saw some of the posts regarding this issue in the past game versions, so I don't want to add another one. I install the newest game version with the hope that it has been fixed. However, it turns out they are not.
    - Please do fix the game. It has been 3 months and no progress. I have no intention to get compensation even though I have the right to ask one. I just want my precious gaming time. I lost so much time for only loading page. Please bear in mind that I could not even challenge myself for a legend run because it is impossible with the current status. Please do take this issue very seriously because it concerns the gaming experience.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf

Perfectly described whatever I'm also facing
    I don't know what's the root cause
    I'm having a SONY Xperia Z2 with 3 GB RAM and Android 6.0.1
    If this doesn't enough to run this game then what will

Playing this game from 2015 but after patch 12.0 it's never the same which is used to, always there's a lag or bug.

Please kabam do something for lower phones. Make frames lower or make an in game option to lower the graphics level so that players can manually set the graphics and it would not lag while playing
  • Arjun552Arjun552 Posts: 10
    IGN- THE-PUN!SHER
    REDMI NOTE 3
    OPERATING SYSTEM 8.1
    CELLULAR DATA

LAG - WHEN I START GAME EVERYTHING GET SLOW.. CAN'T PLAY ARENA, AQ, AW, MONTHLY QUEST, STORY MODE, ANYTHING.
    PLEASE FIX IT... REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME PLAYING THE GAME. THANK YOU.
  • DaderDader Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: dader-2
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9 and Google pixel 3
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0 and Android 9 (pixel 3)
    Cellular or WiFi: 4G LTE and WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 21.3.0

ontrols on a brand new pixel 3 and an S9 are very laggy. I have followed all the Android troubleshooting steps as so many in the fittings have. These are two brand new and up to date phones. I have used an old iPhone 6 that's is cluttered and it still plays much better than any flagship Android device.
  • Yes it does lag on my Android
  • Aaron113Aaron113 Posts: 5
    Major problems only game mode i can play is aw everything else crashes instantly also crystal spinning lag
  • DcoyintxDcoyintx Posts: 2
    7xpqthu9j92b.jpg
    Wish i could block and parry again. The game is un playable please fix it soon or i will be forced to part ways with my alliance and quit this game all together.
  • In-Game Name: HailtheGREAT1
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: all connections
    Version: 21.3
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Parry well timed in intercept of regular champs that should parry and it doesnt register.

After evading a an attack forward swipe does not register to counter.

During a intended 5 hit combo ending with special 5th hit does not register allowing Defender to block special and counter. These are sequences that I am able to land with every hit with no problem except now when it misses the command.
  • NewAgeNewAge Posts: 12
    In-Game Name: Xhaka3377
    Device and Model: Honor 8 Pro
    Device Operating System: Android v8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Cellular - 4G airtel & Jio)
    Game Mode: Event Quests & Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: Whenever I try to dash back from a hit, the character stands still even though I have Dexterity mastery active and when I try to intercept an incoming attack, the character remains still thereby getting hit. The game often has connectivity issues thereby wasting majority of the time and sometimes it gets disconnected and I have to play the same fight again with half of the health gone from my champion.
  • In-Game Name: Guerino92
    Device and Model: p9 lite
    Device Operating System: android 7.0
    Cellular or Wifi: wifi
    Game Node: Everywhere
    Description of issue: I have a problem with my new hero Darkhawk. When the hero goes into null space mode the game is not working properly. The screen goes jerky and the controls don't respond well. I think it's an animation problem, because it only happens when the hero changes mode. In the basic mode everything works properly. Please inquire well about this Darkhawk problem never solved by two months.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

In-Game Name: K00shMaan
    Device and Model: Huawei Nexus 6P
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi, possibly both
    Game Version Installed: 21.3, latest
    Game Mode: Love is a Battlerealm, but it is common for all non main event quests (happened in the Alchemist Trials last month)
    Description of the Issue: Periodically my block will drop while I'm definitely pressing the left hand side of the screen and my champ will jog in slowly like an idiot and get wrecked. While jogging in, I also can't swipe left out of it or start any form of attack. Basically lose all input function for about a second or so at random points throughout the fight.
  • In-Game Name: CyPress1988
    Device and Model: OnePlus 6
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: all connections
    Version: 21.3
    Game Mode: All modes

n1x2d1bp3l78.jpg

• Syst3maticSyst3matic Posts: 10
    SySt3mATiC
    Galaxy S9
    Android 9 (pie)
    Current version of MCOC

Game is ridiculously laggy in every mode possible. War-lag
    AQ maps 3-4-5: lag
    Arena-lag
    Crystal opening-day
    Champion leveling-lag

It's at the point where everything is taking forever and not even worth doing.... no one wants to waste time watching loading screens and "connection error-please check your network"

It's not our connections, it's not the phone's, it's MCOC, it's Kabam.....

For years, the people that pay your wages have begged for honesty, transparency and to be treated with respect. You still don't get it......

"You've been Kabamed" should not be a well known saying... "I hope you like maintenance before your maintenance " should not be a well known saying. "#boycottmcoc" should not be a well known saying.

Why are we asking about sa rewards again??????? My 5 year old knows more about honesty and responsibility than your whole organization.

OWN YOUR MISTAKES, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, FIX THE ISSUES....... SIMPLE
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    In game-name:jnli
    Device and model:vivo Y53
    Version:21.3
    Cellular or wifi:both
    Game mode:loading

It lags too much and even crashes on loading screen I was playing dungeon and it was crashing again and again. If this not gets solved I am quitting and will never see at this game again 😡
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Reporting perpetual game loading , connection issues and game inputs (ie champ controls) not working. They refuse to block, do special or attack when commanded they just stand there or walk forward and get hit left and right by AI.
    Observed in every mode of the game
    IGN : EmperorStark~2
    Device : Redmi note 5 . 4GB ram variant
    MiUI : MIUI global 10.0.4.0 (OEGMIFH)
    Cellular and WiFi: wifi (BSNL) , mobile data (Jio internet)
    Game version: 21.3
    Game mode : every where in game

Ps: Player input commands not registering in android for months now. Changed screen guard, factory resetted phone, reinstalled game etc and phone is in top notch condition and used to run mcoc very easily until november update
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.

Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)

Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 21.3 version of the game only.

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Don't ask try yourself. Make an account and see what the **** is happening in game
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    So, since the game won't be playable on earlier versions of Android as of Apr 1, does that mean that performance issues for newer versions of android will be corrected?

My android 4.2.2 tablet plays the game fine(ish) currently. My android 7 tablet is unplayable for end game level content (for issues that are pretty well-documented at this point). Looking for more that the typical cut and paste message from the game team, please.
  • Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 107

• Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 107
    Lotta what I can only refer to as lag sloppy control or control that won't activate. Or lag between when I block or evade to when animation starts. Frozen screens ext.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I can put up with lag, and blame something else. My game is constantly shutting down when Kabam is 'doing something'
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Any fixes coming?
  • megamangmegamang Posts: 132

Outside of AW the game is running smooth, as soon as I start a fight in aw, I get connection issue and spinning wheel.

During the fights I was unable to move. Started a fight in event quest with no problem. Samsung note 8.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Even iphone 8plus is slow and laggy during AW fights. And unresponsive to all blocks and dexterity attempts
This discussion has been closed.