**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Map 7, New Milestones, Rank Rewards, Glory Store Update, Reduced cost for Map 4 - 6 Discussion

Comments

• Imnewby wrote: »
    I never understood why is it 1x-2x-1x.

Why does bg2 cost the equivalent of bg1 and bg3 combined?

Kabam has said they want to incentivize two things. First, they want to incentivize alliances trying out a higher map with one BG to see if they can do it. So the first BG costs less than it would if the costs were equally distributed (25% vs 33%). Second, if the alliance can do it with two BGs they want to encourage the alliance to push to go all the way, so the incremental costs to do the third BG are less than if the costs were equally distributed.

Basically, Kabam wants to encourage trying out higher maps, and also wants to encourage moving up all the way to higher maps. So the first group is cheaper, but running two is less cost efficient than running all three.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    DocJC wrote: »
    You do realize players like new content right? We’ve been running map 6 for 2 years. So a new map comes along and people want to play it. ITS A GAME. ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

The people simply say, don’t play it is completely and utterly wrong. This is an entertainment/gaming business.

So play it then. But that's not your issue is it? What you want is to play it and get the rewards but you want it to be easier to complete. Ultimately there will be alliances who run map 7 all week regardless of how tough that is. Its everyone's choice whether they want to compete against that or not. If you really want the new challenge then just play it on one or two days. If you cant co-ordinate enough to complete that then it's obviously not made for your alliance.
  • DocJC wrote: »
    Can't say I'm surprised at the reaction to map 7. All those links are a massive headache. However, theres a very simple solution, don't run it. The same way plenty of alliances chose not to run map 6 when it was introduced because the time/cost required wasn't in line with the amount of their day they wished to devote to the game.

Kabam: this map is really hard and really expensive and alliances will need to be really co-ordinated to complete it. Its not meant to be run 5 times a week.

Summoners: this map takes too much co-ordination and running it 5 times costs too much loyalty.

Any alliance wanting the rewards from running map 7 needs to accept the effort required to win them. If you cant make that effort then stick with map 6. And if you dont have enough loyalty to run it 5 times then you can use units to compensate.

Making threats about piloting is just comical, I can't wait to see all the cry-posts when people get bans because greedy alliances have gone back to their old ways in desperation for new AQ awards.

You do realize players like new content right? We’ve been running map 6 for 2 years. So a new map comes along and people want to play it. ITS A GAME. ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

The people simply say, don’t play it is completely and utterly wrong. This is an entertainment/gaming business.

If Kabam is going to make all the content specifically designed to playable by someone, I would vote for me.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Imnewby wrote: »

Kabam has said they want to incentivize two things. First, they want to incentivize alliances trying out a higher map with one BG to see if they can do it. So the first BG costs less than it would if the costs were equally distributed (25% vs 33%). Second, if the alliance can do it with two BGs they want to encourage the alliance to push to go all the way, so the incremental costs to do the third BG are less than if the costs were equally distributed.

Basically, Kabam wants to encourage trying out higher maps, and also wants to encourage moving up all the way to higher maps. So the first group is cheaper, but running two is less cost efficient than running all three.

The reasoning makes sense. It just sucks for my alliance. We can run 6x5 in all three groups but we keep one group running 5x5 because we have good people who can't run map 6 with their current schedules. So we bite the bullet and run it in two groups. 30 minute timers and we'd be good to go lol
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Is a fix for the t5b going out before the next reset? Some of us are locked out for over a month still. Or if you can give us an update that be appreciated!

Thanks!
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Imnewby wrote: »

The reasoning makes sense. It just sucks for my alliance. We can run 6x5 in all three groups but we keep one group running 5x5 because we have good people who can't run map 6 with their current schedules. So we bite the bullet and run it in two groups. 30 minute timers and we'd be good to go lol

I think from Kabam's point of view this isn't problematic because under the old system you couldn't do this at all. Now you have the option to run only two groups of Map 6, but unfortunately it will cost 75% of Map 6 to get 67% of the rewards of Map 6.

It isn't *quite* as bad as it sounds, because that one Map 5 is discounted. So you're paying 75% of Map 6 and 25% of Map 5 to get 67% of the rewards of Map 6 and 33% of the rewards of Map 5. The Map 5 discount doesn't remotely offset the (relative) higher costs of Map 6 but it does offset them a little. It comes out to about 100k gold, 7600 loyalty, and 14k of BC per map that you are paying higher per day than if the costs were perfectly proportioned, based on the updated costs, if my back of the envelope calculations are correct.
  • Any word on the T5B reset timer issue?

Hey there, we're still looking into this at the moment but will let you all know once we have more information.
  • Any word on the T5B reset timer issue?

Hey there, we're still looking into this at the moment but will let you all know once we have more information.

Awesome thanks, I'll keep checking!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Summoners!

We've just posted a lot of brand new information about Map 7, changes to Maps 1-6, updates to the Glory Store, Ranked Rewards, and MIlestones, and a whole lot more!

There's a lot to take in. Read all about it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/121318/map-7-kings-ransom-new-milestones-rank-rewards-glory-store-update-reduced-cost-for-map-4-6

And you'll definitely have questions, so feel free to ask them in this thread here. We'll be updating our FAQ below as the day goes on.

FAQ

Who is Map 7 for?
    It is not designed for the faint of heart. It is meant for those who wish to reach the top Ranks of Alliance Quests only. You will need plenty of skill, a robust roster, and a strong, communicative Alliance to even hope to complete Map 7. It goes without saying but Map 7 is also for people who read the Nodes. If you don’t read the Nodes, well… there’s a meme about not having a good time or something like that.

Why are you making Map 7?
    First and foremost, we’re making Map 7 because Map 6 is over 2 years old. Since Map 6 was made at a much different time, the best Summoners have well surpassed its challenge in terms of skill and power. Rather than re-factor Map 6 as a whole and create a more severe difficulty spike from Map 5 to 6, we opted to create Map 7 as a more dynamic, modern challenge for the Summoners of 2019, not the Summoners of 2016.

Will Map 7 take longer than Map 6?
    It has roughly the same number of tiles to clear as Map 6 did, however it has more paths, meaning there is much less room for “reserve” Summoners to help out. In our testing of the Map, it took generally the same amount of time to complete as Map 6 as long as all 10 Summoners were bringing their A-Game.

So it’s more intense?
    Absolutely. Not only is there less room for error because of the new Buffs and 6-Star Champions, but the base difficulty is higher than Map 6 meaning HP and Attack are also higher. We want to be very clear: Map 7 is only for the most coordinated, prepared, and strongest Alliances. If you are not seeking a top Rank, Map 7 is going to be rough for you. There is a real possibility that you will not be able to 100% explore Map 7 in 3 Battlegroups in all 5 days of Alliance Quests - the choice is yours on whether you want to risk pushing even further as an Alliance.

Why is Map 7 so expensive?
    Map 7 is more rewarding than Map 6 - both in points and in Map Crystals. In order to emphasize the degree of difficulty and also to require commitment up front, the map cost has been set intentionally high. Map 7 is an investment, and one that can be lucrative for Alliances who work together those rewards do not come without a significant risk. Luckily, if you’re on the fence about whether the cost will be worth it, Map 7 will be free the week of February 24th alongside all other Alliance Quest Maps.

Does the Ascendancy Buff effect only attackers or also the defenders? Sorry if I missed that info, but there's a lot here to process. Thanks.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Any word on the T5B reset timer issue?

I know you guys have taken this back to the team but I guess I'm not sure what there is to discuss. The chart posted clearly shows 8 days on the timer which is the same as the T2As. I myself bought all 5 with saved glory and now I'm locked out for 30+ days. This should be an easy sorry guys its the 8 days that we posted and we aren't sure why theres an error. If you are going to say it was a mistake and change the time period you need to refund the glory as it isn't what was advertised. It's just a little frustrating that it is taking so long for an answer when it should be a quick response that it is being fixed as it isn't working as intended. Hope to hear something soon but anyone who bought more should have their timers reset or else we are missing out on very important items.

Hope this was constructive and not seen as a rant but I am frustrated, not making it personal just want to know whats up already so I can plan accordingly.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Map 7 Crystals contain everything that can be found in a Map 6 Crystal, but also have a chance at Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments.

Do Map 7 crystals reward the same amounts of T2AC/T4CC/T4BC as Map 6 crystals? Opening 10 Map 7 crystals today gave 3,905 T2AC shards, which is comparable to opening 10 Map 6 crystals. No big deal if Map 7 crystals are copies of Map 6 crystals + % chance for T5BC shards, Map 7 crystals' chance of rewarding T5BC shards are plenty incentive to run Map 7.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    @Kabam Miike can you guys please add a few minutes to Omega Red mini boss on map 7?

Small minis (UC and Emma) have about 40% less health and 5 times longer timer

He also has an aggressive regen node so it’s not easy to not time out in 3nin on days 3-5

• Hey everyone!

Just a reminder that all Maps are FREE this series of Alliance Quests, including Map 7.

Additionally, if you're running Map 7 for the second time, remember that the paths will be about 50% the same, and 50% different, so be careful!

Lastly, there was an issue with Carnage in the previous version of Map 7 that caused him to award MANY more points than he should have. This issue will be fixed for this series of Alliance Quests and going forward, so you may earn less points than the first instance of Alliance Quests.

• Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    edited February 2019

Additionally, if you're running Map 7 for the second time, remember that the paths will be about 50% the same, and 50% different, so be careful!

Every week so much work for that...
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Hey everyone!

Just a reminder that all Maps are FREE this series of Alliance Quests, including Map 7.

Lastly, there was an issue with Carnage in the previous version of Map 7 that caused him to award MANY more points than he should have. This issue will be fixed for this series of Alliance Quests and going forward, so you may earn less points than the first instance of Alliance Quests.

@Kabam DK Could we get an update on Map 7's global Counterstrike node bug of fury not displaying when players use dexterity? Won't be fun if RNG selects Counterstrike for this AQ cycle's global node.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Any news on T5B shards in the glory store?
  • KeiosEffectKeiosEffect Posts: 8
    Does the Ascendancy Buff affect only attackers, defenders or both? Sorry if it was already answered elsewhere. Thanks.
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for fixing the Counterstrike fury bug
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Tier 5 basic purchases in glory store still have not reset this latest AQ cycle. They’re supposed to reset every 8 days.

dxiels4td9ro.jpeg

59llevzgcy93.png
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I’m unhappy that we put in all that work to plan and coordinate time zones and paths for Map 7 then the next week it completely changes.
    Tier 5 basic purchases in glory store still have not reset this latest AQ cycle. They’re supposed to reset every 8 days.

dxiels4td9ro.jpeg

59llevzgcy93.png

Is that an old screenshot? T5BC shards have rest for my account.
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    It’s broke mine says 36 days before t5b resets

dxiels4td9ro.jpeg

59llevzgcy93.png

It’s not an old screenshot. Seems to have reset for some people but others still have 34+ days. Here’s one I took a minute ago:
    t832887fj7c0.jpeg
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    There are people spending 6900 glory to buy all of them out each week?
    ^ forgot to add to that screenshot above that T5B have not been bought for this cycle yet

dxiels4td9ro.jpeg

59llevzgcy93.png

It’s not an old screenshot. Seems to have reset for some people but others still have 34+ days. Here’s one I took a minute ago:
    t832887fj7c0.jpeg

Weird, mine reset:

m6mlbdvtrc61.jpg
  • Is it only people who had bought all 5 of the T5Basic frags that are still having the month-long reset time ?
  • @Kabam Miike has anyone looking into this?
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Is it only people who had bought all 5 of the T5Basic frags that are still having the month-long reset time ?

No, mine has been fixed. I bought 5 levels Day 1
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike Any update on t5b refresh timer?

Mine still says 34days but a few of my alliance mates has theirs refreshed and says 7days now