**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does Symbiote Supreme doesn’t have vilain tag ?

TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
Because he isn’t villain ? All right fair reason

But then, why does he gain power on node 40 of AW (Vilenny )

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    That node only gives power to villains, or to anyone except heroes?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    That node only gives power to villains, or to anyone except heroes?

It says "villians in this arena attack absolute power. Heroes do not gain power." that being said my heros have never had an issue gaining power.
    come to think of it, it may be a reverse thing, only heroes themselves, with the hero tag, will not gain power.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Sym Supreme is not a Villain. I don't know if he is a hero or not, but if not then I think he can gain power on that node
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    Because he isn’t villain ? All right fair reason

But then, why does he gain power on node 40 of AW (Vilenny )

He's tagged as #Control: Counter #Symbiote #Size: M so it stands to reason he would still gain power being that he isn't a hero. It could also have to with HOW he gains power as just like Dr. Strange, he doesn't gain power from hitting an opponent and neither does Sym Supreme. He gains it passively and through his Genetic Material mechanic. I'm also not sure if you are saying he is getting power as an attacker or as the defender as well.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    *why doesn’t symbiote supreme have a villain tag.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Same reason as Corvus and Proxima not being villains, so that Blade wouldn't smash through them in EQ.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    No, the node says villains gain absolute power. Only champs with the villain tag should gain power. I’ve tested this with mercenaries too and they gain no power.
    This is one of those times I wish instead of duels, we had a practice room where we can test nodes out.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    This is one of those times I wish instead of duels, we had a practice room where we can test nodes out.

If you don’t mind using some energy, there’s always 5.2.6.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Same reason as Corvus and Proxima not being villains, so that Blade wouldn't smash through them in EQ.

Umm but he's a mystic sooooooo blade still smashes through him with mephisto/dorm synergy.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

@Viper1987 I was meaning more like setting up exact situations like OP says. Assign node values, defender champ and attacker. It would allow people to help more like this. I'm still not 100% if OP means Sum Supreme as attacker or defender in this situation. I am also trying to remember Dr. Stranges interactions on nodes like this from long time ago. I remember this being a topic before.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Simple thing is they want to nerf blade without actually nerfing him

In past one year they released lots of champs that are direct counter to blade whether by way of nodes or by way of in-built capabilities

It started from the launch of corvus and proxima (it's clearly evident from the movie that they are villains, even a 5 year old csn say that) but kabam developers doesn't want blade to get pass through them so they changed there tag
    Similarly Symbiote Supreme is yet another example of that
    Adding to this first they introduced THE CHAMPION in a villain tag (even if Completed uncollected difficulty when he got villain tag) but when i went to master difficultly they changed his tag

Introduction of champs like Korg,thing etc are also in the same direction

Anyways if you are lucky having big roster then only you can progress otherwise days of depending on single champ is gone. In a game where RNG is mother of all things you can only pray that you can get some good 5*/6* to really progress in this game.

Simple thing is they want to nerf blade without actually nerfing him

In past one year they released lots of champs that are direct counter to blade whether by way of nodes or by way of in-built capabilities

It started from the launch of corvus and proxima (it's clearly evident from the movie that they are villains, even a 5 year old csn say that) but kabam developers doesn't want blade to get pass through them so they changed there tag
    Similarly Symbiote Supreme is yet another example of that
    Adding to this first they introduced THE CHAMPION in a villain tag (even if Completed uncollected difficulty when he got villain tag) but when i went to master difficultly they changed his tag

Introduction of champs like Korg,thing etc are also in the same direction

Anyways if you are lucky having big roster then only you can progress otherwise days of depending on single champ is gone. In a game where RNG is mother of all things you can only pray that you can get some good 5*/6* to really progress in this game.

It's a counter not a nerf. Sym Supreme wasnt intended as a villain either. Plus what you are talking about has NOTHING to do with OPs post.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Hero is a tag - when I use Corvus who is neither a hero nor a villain he gains power on that node. He doesn’t get the fury/cruelty or whatever else they say villains get from my recollection - at least AW. I don’t recall for Act V

@Viper1987 I was meaning more like setting up exact situations like OP says. Assign node values, defender champ and attacker. It would allow people to help more like this. I'm still not 100% if OP means Sum Supreme as attacker or defender in this situation. I am also trying to remember Dr. Stranges interactions on nodes like this from long time ago. I remember this being a topic before.

Fair enough but I was just trying to suggest a workaround with what’s available to us right now.

Fair enough but I was just trying to suggest a workaround with what’s available to us right now.

All good!
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    edited February 2019
    nothing to see here. i have no clue how to delete.
    ljballer22 wrote: »
    nothing to see here. i have no clue how to delete.

You do realize we are talking about Symbiote superme right?
    No, the node says villains gain absolute power. Only champs with the villain tag should gain power. I’ve tested this with mercenaries too and they gain no power.

No, it says HEROES GAIN NO POWER, it does not mention villains being the only ones to gain power, just that they gain absolute power. Also what we are talking about is tyranny, not villainy, villainy does cruelty buffs.

Lormif wrote: »

No, it says HEROES GAIN NO POWER, it does not mention villains being the only ones to gain power, just that they gain absolute power. Also what we are talking about is tyranny, not villainy, villainy does cruelty buffs.

What are you talking about? I’m talking about tyranny too. I said no such thing about villainy.

f48vsffrd2cm.png

I’m talking about the second node here. You’re contradicting me for no reason. Villains are the only champs that gain power on this node. Mercenaries and Heroes do not because I’ve tested it. That’s all I said.
    The OP was talking about node 40 of AW, and specifically mentioned villianry, and in AW atleast they do, because CG gains power on it. Also make sure your merc, like Domino, does not have the hero tag.
    The OP was talking about node 40 of AW, and specifically mentioned villianry, and in AW atleast they do, because CG gains power on it. Also make sure your merc, like Domino, does not have the hero tag.

Ok and you, yourself were commenting earlier about power and everyone else is talking about Tyranny, but you choose to call out my comment in particular for some reason. I realize that the thread is about Villainy but really the thread has been about Tyranny.

And no I wasn’t using Domino, I used Yondu. Unless they fixed it recently to where Heroes are the only ones who don’t gain power, that’s how it used to work.

Ok and you, yourself were commenting earlier about power and everyone else is talking about Tyranny, but you choose to call out my comment in particular for some reason. I realize that the thread is about Villainy but really the thread has been about Tyranny.

And no I wasn’t using Domino, I used Yondu. Unless they fixed it recently to where Heroes are the only ones who don’t gain power, that’s how it used to work.

I called out your comment because you directly stated that it says they dont, but what it really says is that heroes dont. The bit about villanry/tyranny was mostly directed at the OP, but added to my response to you. As has been stated by others, CG, SS and other non villains gain power. I dont know why your Yondu did not gain it, but the node only says that heroes dont gain power, even in your SS you can see that. "Villains in this arena obtain absolute power. Heroes do not gain power"

Also note about villains it just says they OBTAIN absolute power, that is more than likely just flavor text.

I called out your comment because you directly stated that it says they dont, but what it really says is that heroes dont. The bit about villanry/tyranny was mostly directed at the OP, but added to my response to you. As has been stated by others, CG, SS and other non villains gain power. I dont know why your Yondu did not gain it, but the node only says that heroes dont gain power, even in your SS you can see that. "Villains in this arena obtain absolute power. Heroes do not gain power"

Also note about villains it just says they OBTAIN absolute power, that is more than likely just flavor text.

I’m done arguing. This is my last comment. Peace.

https://youtu.be/8qvQcKsQkkA
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    If Yondu isn’t gaining power sounds like a bug. There have been champs before whose tags weren’t working properly
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

That. Same reason Sabretooth is a merc, not a villain.

If Kabam has to manipulate descriptions due to one champion, they must ask themselves, what is truly wrong: the description or the champion?