**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost riders fate seal not nullifying angela regen?

FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
Its not passive so it should be fate sealedvhmzko06alds.png

Comments

• Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    And it nullifies her other buffs but not the regen
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Her sig ability maybe? She has a chance to resist nullify.

Basically uselsss but maybe that’s what happened.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Her sig ability is a 25% chance to resist nullify for each buff on her. Since it is a buff, there is a chance for it to remain.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Doesnt need a sig ability to happen.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Her sig ability is a 25% chance to resist nullify for each buff on her. Since it is a buff, there is a chance for it to remain.

I'd agree except a fate seal isnt a nullify. Nullifies work by allowing a buff to occur then immediately cancelling (nullifying) that buff. As fate seal reads in mephistos champion spotlight is works by: "reducing their chance to activate Buffs by 100% for 15 seconds". That means that the regen shouldnt have the chance to ACTIVATE in the first place thus it isnt a nullify, as, again, nullifies cancel buffs that have activated. Looking at the timers id say a more likely occurence is that they activated at the same time so the fate seal wasnt able to PREVENT it from occuring.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

She doss need the sig for that to happen.
  • Options
    Gamer wrote: »

Not by my obervations and considering GR has been my top champ for over a year...
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★

Not by my obervations and considering GR has been my top champ for over a year...

Not sure if it becasse it is a pasiv reg migt be Els she need the dups but im migt be wrong. Im using GR for alest 6 much
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★

Question for u about GR. Does his regen feel different to u after the last update. Seems shorter to me.
  • Options

Question for u about GR. Does his regen feel different to u after the last update. Seems shorter to me.
    Can’t say, running suicides since then so he’s back up to CG right now.

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Signature ability
    Battle Focus
    Passive
    As Angela enters combat she gains greater and greater focus, allowing each Buff active on her to reduce all Nullify abilities chance to trigger against her by x%.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Tellin ya’ll it’s independent to SA.x9v6t6wp1y1y.png
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited February 2019

Angela needs the sig to have a Buff Nullify resistant. Otherwise, this will never happen.

Based on your observations, it's most likely that you've fought her on a node that has Buff Nullify resistant (can't remember the node actual name).

I too stating this based on my experiences and knowledge of the game.

If you have a similar screenshot but fighting against an unawaken Angela, then we can see if this case could happen still. If it's still happened, there could be a bug on GR.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    Is this the first time Angelas signature ability has been useful in the forums lol.

This question comes up at least twice a month for the last year or so, though it's not always Ghost Rider. People ask about Voodoo a lot but I've seen some Scarlet Witches and Magiks thrown in.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @CoatHang3r is 100% correct, she does not need to be be awakened for this to happen.
    The regen isn’t resisting being nullified, it is reapplying after. There’s something in their coding we can’t see that overrides the duration of fate seal and allows it to happen. Think of it like Vulture’s armor coming back, no matter what.
    I reported it forever ago, around the same time Damnation wasn’t heal blocking sabretooth. One got fixed, the other didn’t.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Probably something wrong with Damnation itself, and not Angela.
    The fate seal mechanic of Fate Seal also does not work correctly against the Champion, on the final node of a quest. He should be immune to it, but isn't
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/WoFHe0ulR6A

The one time I’m counting on GR’s sp3 to do minimal damage. Smh

If some mods could look at this and pass it along that’d be great. Damnation and fate seal still not preventing her regen.
  • Options
    ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    I suspect it might have something to do with resilience converting to regen regardless of fate seal / damnation. So it does seem like a bug to me.

I got to SP1 without an active resilience present and was able to fate seal Angela and removed her regen. The damage done also added a new resilience as a result, but Angela needed additional damage to convert this new resilience effect.

mtaai5kxuq4f.gif
  • Options
    That may be the case for fate seal, though I’m not sure if even then it’s working correctly or not. For damnation there should be no circumstance where she still gets regen. Definitely a bug, possibly two?
  • Options
    bloodyCain wrote: »

Angela needs the sig to have a Buff Nullify resistant. Otherwise, this will never happen.

Based on your observations, it's most likely that you've fought her on a node that has Buff Nullify resistant (can't remember the node actual name).

I too stating this based on my experiences and knowledge of the game.

If you have a similar screenshot but fighting against an unawaken Angela, then we can see if this case could happen still. If it's still happened, there could be a bug on GR.

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019

I agree:
    7e2r747rqbcs.png

Even when Unawakened, this is an issue, so it's not her Sig ability. Angela spawns buffs, not passives; and really they should be blocked by Fate Seal.

I made an identical thread about this a while back; but no attention: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/118557/fate-seal-doesnt-stop-angelas-regen-buffs