**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aspect of War Tips

SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
With the new event quest having this node all around and since a lot of people seem to have difficulty with it I just thought I'd drop a few tips that could make it easier.

The node is all about getting rid of the unstoppable and in my play I found 2 strategies that work consistently. The first is right after or during the opponent's special you dash back to the very edge of the screen. With this much space, it is much easier to anticipate a dash in from your opponent you can intercept to get rid of the unstoppable. When you don't have a full-screen length for the opponent to dash through its easy to misjudge and go in for the intercept only to not have the AI play ball. Dork lessons have a video featuring how to time this intercept.

The second method is simpler and is just to block to bait out your opponent's heavy attack. I feel like this aspect of aspect of war often gets forgotten. Intercepting isn't the only way to remove the unstoppable, intercepting their heavy does the same. This works with any heavy including one hit heavies if you go in quickly. I know with the EQ's hyperion people have been using this strategy but often don't realize it works for heavies that don't have multiple components as well.

That's pretty much it, it's still a difficult node but not impossible to play around. The dash back to the edge of the screen is especially helpful if the fight drag's till the opponent is unblockable. Hope this helps a few people.

Comments

• Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Awesome. I hope more of these insights come in so that we others can overcome and finish the quests for needed rewards for progression.
  • Options
    PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
    Just had rogue stack 2 unstoppable buffs on top of each other, so dashing in to drop one won’t work because on will still be up, and then you get smacked

This happened to me too. All I did was wait out both unstoppables. It's a bit tedious but it works too