**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does the game register dexterity as a buff???

gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
I just spent several entire fights in a row against the special event Kamala Kahn where I was NEVER able to attack because every time she went unstoppable, all I could do was evade until the unstoppable times out, but by the time it does she has a bar of power and keeps going unstoppable. So basically, we're being punished for evading when you have no choice but to evade.
I know unstoppable is kabam's current favorite f.u. to us, but how are you guys dealing with this ****? Every time I evade it's just filling her power.
Dexterity should not be considered a freaking buff.

Comments

• LodockLodock Posts: 32
    Ronan duped. You should look up videos on YouTube if you struggle. Seatin, and Dorkey Dave.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Dexterity is not a buff. You just get a precision buff from it
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Dexterity is not a buff. You just get a precision buff from it

Essentially the same freaking thing; you evade, the game registers a buff.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Turn off dexterity... :D
  • Eh, it's really not the same @gannicus0830 . You evade, and it gives you a Precision Buff. Dexterity in itself is not the Buff. Now to say we shouldn't get the Precision Buff post Dexterity makes sense. However, that alters the mechanics of it and makes certain situations too easy. For every ability, there's a price in certain instances. i.e. Parry in relation to Masochism. Stun is a Debuff. Well timed block with Parry active casues Stun, which then gives the defender x% of health, and shrugs off the Stun when fighting Masochism. They bring balance to the game in not giving all the answers to you on a silver platter. That's what YouTube is for, lol. There have been multiple posts about the Challenge here as well. I would check this one out as I feel the OP laid it out quite nicely.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/123284/how-to-beat-captain-marvel-s-challenge-as-easily-as-possible#latest

I hope that helps you get through it. Masteries can be double edged swords. Sometimes they work great in your favor. In other instances, it can hurt you if not utilized properly in relation to the node you're currently dealing with. Tis the nature of the beast. Best of luck.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Power control (magik, dormomu)
    Learn to intercept (intercepting mediums or heavies stops the unstoppable)
    Ronan (perma stun just like hydra adaptoid)
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Even a 3* Duped Ronan (maybe arguably the 2*) will make the KK in Chapter 2 an walk in the park. just infinite stun and the fight is basically done. If not, think about Mordo or Magik since they kill characters with a lot of buffs very fast.
  • HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    OP.... @will-o-wisp answered your post perfectly. That is 100% correct!

Others have given you answers for how to finish with even 3* champs like Ronan.

If you cannot finish, you need to elevate your Attack Roster. Not all content can be a walk in the park for everyone.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Dexterity COUNTS as a buff.

It will trigger spite.

It will also trigger burden of might and mystic dispersion. Basically you get punished twice at once for it. Once when dex is removed, and again when precision is removed.

• SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited February 2019
    Considering the moment Dexterity occurs it gives you the Precision Buff, that is not accurate. MD now works specifically on Buffs.

1xwcsin6bcvx.jpg

Before it worked on ALL effects. Dexterity is an effect, not a Buff. Which is why champs with MD would gain a flood of power when you evaded a multi-hit attack for each part you successfully evaded with Dexterity. As a result, they changed it. Now Precision is the Buff that triggers MD. This is proven by the fact you can repeatedly Dex and not flood them with power anymore as the Precision does not stack. Until it gets used, or nullified, they gain NOTHING from MD. With Spite, Burden of Might, and also Buffet, the gain is immediate simply because the Buff existed. For MD, it's great. For the others, not so much. Although, I'm not altogether sure about how Buffet would interact with MD in this scenario. Whether it removing the Buff would trigger it, or not, is not something I am aware of.

ixq3wybtym5i.jpg

Dexterity in it self is an effect from a Mastery not a Buff, just as much as Parry is an effect not a Debuff. Stun is the Debuff as previously mentioned. Which is why when you Parry with a projectile in a fight with Masochism, it doesn't matter. Only if you make contact to Stun them (or if you're using a champ that allows you to Stun via Parrying a Projectile) would that trigger Masochism. No Stun = No Masochism.

qrr9r80snkia.jpg

Neither are a Buff nor Debuff. They are effects from Masteries that in turn produce a Buff or Debuff dependent upon which you are referring too. Also dependent upon certain circumstances with Parry.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    And @SiriusBreak does a mic drop
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Except when you dex and trigger the buff then remove it you trigger the effect for the persistent buff and then again when the short duration one expires. Go in game and see. Simple.

You can argue what's a buff and what isn't, what matters is the result in game,