**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does it say matchmaking begins?

MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
As the title says.
Why does it say matchmaking begins in 2.5hrs?
It is already during matchmaking phase?
It should be matchmaking ends yeah?

I can only assume my will war start somewhere between now and 2.5hrs.
Last war was much much quicker btw.
Last time we took 30mins. This time hours. Interesting. I assumed being top down and the fct we are same same position matchmaking would take similar time.
But doesnt matter.

8l19nelh2jum.png

Comments

• No, Matchmaking last week was permanently pushed back 4 hours (6pm thru 10pm EST), so that actual attack start would be no earlier than 2pm EST going forward.
    ...or 3-7pm PST, 11am PST.
  • MaatMan wrote: »
    As the title says.

Matchmaking should start at 3pm Pacific. That's in about two hours.

I think you're confusing Enlistment and Matchmaking. Enlistment is when we can sign up for the next war. Match making is when the server starts handing out match assignments and starting war defense placement phases.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    No, Matchmaking last week was permanently pushed back 4 hours (6pm thru 10pm EST), so that actual attack start would be no earlier than 2pm EST going forward.
    ...or 3-7pm PST, 11am PST.
    Ok so that is later.
    I thought last war was same time window.
    Our last war started 1.5 hrs ago.
    edited February 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MaatMan wrote: »
    As the title says.

I think you're confusing Enlistment and Matchmaking. Enlistment is when we can sign up for the next war. Match making is when the server starts handing out match assignments and starting war defense placement phases.

My bad was confused with whole timezone and 20hr defense.
    I was thinking wen last attack started. Not placement.
  • MaatMan wrote: »
    As the title says.

That's another mental error that seems to be sufficiently ingrained that even people who know intellectually what the current system is are instinctively making. Under the old system, the time you "opted in" to war, the time defense placement started, and the time attack started, were more or less the same time. But now, when you opt in is literally whenever, matches start at a certain time, placement starts potentially significantly afterward, and attack starts four hours earlier - all possibly completely different times. It is probably going to take a while for that synchronicity to be broken in people's minds.
    As the title says.

That's another mental error that seems to be sufficiently ingrained that even people who know intellectually what the current system is are instinctively making. Under the old system, the time you "opted in" to war, the time defense placement started, and the time attack started, were more or less the same time. But now, when you opt in is literally whenever, matches start at a certain time, placement starts potentially significantly afterward, and attack starts four hours earlier - all possibly completely different times. It is probably going to take a while for that synchronicity to be broken in people's minds.

Yeah its all habits and routine. That now requires learning the new system.
    I know exactly how it all works and was easily able to tell where and why i was wrong but my inital thought was “last war we were attacking at this time, why are we not finding a match?”

Humans rely so much on habit and routine.