Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• JCBRJCBR Member Posts: 43
    DrZola said:

JCBR said:

anyone feeling very kind and wants to make a list of champs with these tags? 😅

I can do that. Here's week 1:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER (CIVIL WAR)
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    CYCLOPS (NEW XAVIER SCHOOL)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

Here's Week 3 (This one is the smallest Pool):

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES)
    SPIDER-MAN (STARK ENHANCED)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    How come Vulture is not included with the Spider-verse, Siniser Six group?
    It ain't the classic Vulture. It's based on the MCU character and MCU has no sinister six, or not yet. Character Tags are based on what or how they are from where they are derived.
    Actually, it’s pretty much based on whatever the game team wants.

As another example, Hulk Ragnarok is classed as an Avenger in game. Classic Hulk is a founding member of the Avengers in comics and movies, but there’s not a clear basis for including the gladiator version as an Avenger (maybe as a “Revenger”?). In Thor Ragnarok, he’s not really serving as an Avenger and has actually abandoned the team—likewise, if you are familiar with the comic storylines of Planet Hulk and WWHulk (where he’s in his gladiator garb), he’s really not operating as an Avenger either. If there’s another gladiator Hulk somewhere in any Avengers storyline, I don’t remember it.

So I’m fine just sticking with the answer “because the game says so”—trying to parse it all out is nigh impossible.

Dr. Zola
    He's not serving as an Avenger in the movie but in the MCU Hulk and Gladiator Hulk are no different. Did you hear Hulk called WWHulk in the Movie? No. He's MCU Hulk whose outfit is inspired by the WWHulk storyline. If Gladiator Hulk was based on the comics, the tags would be different, but it's the exact same Hulk from the previous MCU appearances, and he is an official Avenger member. There is no such thing as "because the game says so". There is a solid reason behind every tag on every character. You just don't understand how they do it.
  • xRoosterxxRoosterx Member Posts: 26
    "For those that want to chase the 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, you’ll need to complete every Difficulty of the event, and log in every day to claim your daily Intel from the Calendar! The Crystal costs 5000 Intel, and it’s only possible to get 5740 Intel from normal play."

this is confusing to me.. if it only costs 5000, and we can get 5740 from "normal" play - what does normal play mean
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xRoosterx said:

"For those that want to chase the 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, you’ll need to complete every Difficulty of the event, and log in every day to claim your daily Intel from the Calendar! The Crystal costs 5000 Intel, and it’s only possible to get 5740 Intel from normal play."

this is confusing to me.. if it only costs 5000, and we can get 5740 from "normal" play - what does normal play mean

They are gonna sell intel in the store probably in unit deals
    that would be good - i just want the awakening gem crystal haha
    Given the character constraints concerned about completing epic difficulty every week..
  • 5_MrKong_55_MrKong_5 Member Posts: 2
    This should be interesting. Looking forward to it.
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Member, Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Hey All,

Just wanted to give you a heads up! The team has just let me know that the Intel Store will not be available right at 10 am (when the event starts). But don't worry! It will be available in the next 90 minutes.

This is just a precaution we want to take to prevent any unnecessary issues that might arise at the very beginning of an event.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Just wanted to give you a heads up! The team has just let me know that the Intel Store will not be available right at 10 am (when the event starts). But don't worry! It will be available in the next 90 minutes.

This is just a precaution we want to take to prevent any unnecessary issues that might arise at the very beginning of an event.

Liar! You fake Skrull Kabam Miike! Bring the real one back!
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    JCBR said:

DrZola said:

JCBR said:

anyone feeling very kind and wants to make a list of champs with these tags? 😅

I can do that. Here's week 1:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER (CIVIL WAR)
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    CYCLOPS (NEW XAVIER SCHOOL)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

Here's Week 3 (This one is the smallest Pool):

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES)
    SPIDER-MAN (STARK ENHANCED)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    How come Vulture is not included with the Spider-verse, Siniser Six group?
    It ain't the classic Vulture. It's based on the MCU character and MCU has no sinister six, or not yet. Character Tags are based on what or how they are from where they are derived.
    Actually, it’s pretty much based on whatever the game team wants.

As another example, Hulk Ragnarok is classed as an Avenger in game. Classic Hulk is a founding member of the Avengers in comics and movies, but there’s not a clear basis for including the gladiator version as an Avenger (maybe as a “Revenger”?). In Thor Ragnarok, he’s not really serving as an Avenger and has actually abandoned the team—likewise, if you are familiar with the comic storylines of Planet Hulk and WWHulk (where he’s in his gladiator garb), he’s really not operating as an Avenger either. If there’s another gladiator Hulk somewhere in any Avengers storyline, I don’t remember it.

So I’m fine just sticking with the answer “because the game says so”—trying to parse it all out is nigh impossible.

Dr. Zola
    He's not serving as an Avenger in the movie but in the MCU Hulk and Gladiator Hulk are no different. Did you hear Hulk called WWHulk in the Movie? No. He's MCU Hulk whose outfit is inspired by the WWHulk storyline. If Gladiator Hulk was based on the comics, the tags would be different, but it's the exact same Hulk from the previous MCU appearances, and he is an official Avenger member. There is no such thing as "because the game says so". There is a solid reason behind every tag on every character. You just don't understand how they do it.
    Maybe I don’t.

I’m fine with whatever it is, but I don't find it as black-and-white as you do. If it were, for example, Yondu, who is a founding member of the classic GotG in comics and is pretty clearly a GotG in MCU GotG Vol.2 would be useable Week One.

And champs who haven’t been in a MCU movie? Not sure what the rule is there—She-Hulk comes to mind as a fairly regular member of the Avengers in the 1980’s (and later a member of the FF, but we aren’t there yet) and (if I recall correctly) a current team leader. Then there’s the team-jumping Beast...

Anyway, fun talk. Quest just went live so got to run.

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Member Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So do the special FGMC contain only those champs? For example, if I get a Grandmaster Avengers Assemble Crystal, would I possibly get a Spider Gwen or Cable?
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Member Posts: 60 ★★
    Over the next 4 weeks, we will introduce 1 Quest per week with 5 different Difficulty Levels. Each of these Quests is only 2 paths, with a buffed up Boss at the end!

I just loaded the first day and the Chapter 1 of 4 of beginner has 6 paths. Am I missing something here @Kabam Miike ?
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Member, Moderator Posts: 8,269
    V1PER1987 said:

So do the special FGMC contain only those champs? For example, if I get a Grandmaster Avengers Assemble Crystal, would I possibly get a Spider Gwen or Cable?

ONLY the Champions Listed! If you're short on Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy, you'll be sure to get one of those Champions in this Crystal. No chance at Spider-Gwen or Cable. That said, make sure that you read the Crystal description so you know exactly who is in the Crystal, as not every Champion is available in it. This includes Champions like Vision, or 5-Star Gamora.

V1PER1987 said:

ONLY the Champions Listed! If you're short on Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy, you'll be sure to get one of those Champions in this Crystal. No chance at Spider-Gwen or Cable. That said, make sure that you read the Crystal description so you know exactly who is in the Crystal, as not every Champion is available in it. This includes Champions like Vision, or 5-Star Gamora.
    Ah well that’s pretty neat that it’s a smaller pool of champs. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Member Posts: 371 ★★
    Alexg85 said:

Man I hate this company. You make a requirement of Robots and Mercenary for the most difficult mission. What's the point of pulling good champs these days if we can't even use them?

Corvus is a mercenary
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Member Posts: 371 ★★
    Yet another batch of monthly events i do not approve of..
    i added up all the intel from the event - only 4000... so an additional 1740 will be given through the calendar or what?
    Urkel2 said:

Alexg85 said:

Man I hate this company. You make a requirement of Robots and Mercenary for the most difficult mission. What's the point of pulling good champs these days if we can't even use them?

Corvus is a mercenary
    He’s not

V1PER1987 said:

Can I just ask if you can post the intel store here would be appreciated
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★

Hey @Kabam Miike the total numbers for the intel doesn't add up. How are we supposed to get the 5* Awakening Gem (costs 5000 intels) when we can only obtain 4000 intel?
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Member Posts: 427 ★★
    My only complaint so far: what is with the energy required in the Beginner map? I'm only doing it for the Intel collection, but the energy required is 2 per step and the map is three times the size of all the others. What am I missing?
    Siliyo said:

Hey @Kabam Miike the total numbers for the intel doesn't add up. How are we supposed to get the 5* Awakening Gem (costs 5000 intels) when we can only obtain 4000 intel?

Calendar.
  • srehanuddinsrehanuddin Member Posts: 2
    Cap IW is not selectable ?
  • JeffJKJeffJK Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    MCOC Team said:

Begin Transmission…

Assist Nick Fury in gathering Intel, and trade that Intel for rewards such as Catalyst Fragments, Crystal Shards, and Hero Crystals! Assist him in all of his recon missions, and you’ll have enough Intel to trade for a 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal.

!

This is fake news.

The 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal cost 5k of intel to buy.
    If you complete all weeks, in all difficulty, you can only get 4k of intel.
  • srehanuddinsrehanuddin Member Posts: 2
    Captain America is not selectable in mission 1, is this the bug?

• ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Member Posts: 139

Cap IW is not selectable ?

he is
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Calendar plus whoever did that spreadsheet is wrong. It’s 350 for masters x4
  • Batwing2000Batwing2000 Member Posts: 64
    Man the epic event is soo tough.i have maxed 4*s and still need to use pots
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Member Posts: 139
    not sure if it's intentional or not but completing this quest doesn't give you any points in quest completion...
    It wasn’t that bad I only have a 3:45 starlord and managed to 100% it 0 units or pots used just gotta play careful
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Member Posts: 427 ★★

not sure if it's intentional or not but completing this quest doesn't give you any points in quest completion...

Agreed. They're short, but they should give at least something if we have to use energy.