**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Da_King_LpDa_King_Lp Posts: 29
    MavRCK_ said:

Fyi 4* rank 5 are Challenger Rating CR100 as are 5* Rank 3. They’re equivalent in power... So the argument that someone may not be ready to do Act 6 because they need 5* Champions isn’t supported by this logic.

Absolutely one of the reasons the community is upset is the synergy opportunity using 5* and 4* in a team... another is the money, time and resources invested into a 4* roster. There are many justifiable reasons. Good discussion.

I would hope anyone who spent time and money did it for a reason they needed to address at that point in time. But this game always evolves, that's why I would never invest in a champ for war defense, eventually they will make a counter so why waste resources.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    INTEGRAL said:

"We are forcing you to use champions you don't have"

LOLLL

Hahahahaha
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 254 ★★
    @Kabam Miike you say you ramping up rewards, i say blah. For completing a chapter in the 2nd most difficult tier of monthly quest you give me a 1 000 3* shards. So, how will a 1 000 3 star shards help a guy grow to get to the 5 and 6 stars requirements needed for act 6?

If you want to ramp up * requirements ramp up monthly quest rewards. Normal to drop 3* for completion 4 star for exploration. heroic 4 and 5, master 5 and 6 and uncollected 6 and extra 6. Then yes we are moving up, but now for a weeks worth of effort with energy i get a full 3 star crystal for my effort, wow, thanks guys. All the current monthly quest rewards needs to be moved up atleast one tier in rarity for you to say you are putting in a effort to help us grow to get the act 6.
  • UlisesHerreraUlisesHerrera Posts: 10
    I don´t know what to think about this new mission, i mean, you'll have another tittle that is diferrent but it will be more difficult to have it....
  • Hey,

Kabam has introduced the gate system and its pretty backwards, but instead of trying to fight among ourselves on whether it is good or not (especially to that one person who has taken upon himself to prove why this was a correct move), lets look at potential solutions:

1) Remove Gate - Obvious one, but since the company is thinking from a buisness standpoint ($$ playa), it seems unlikely this will happen.

2) Make 5* basic arenas available immediately - This should be a no brainer. Right now, the biggest concern apart from synergies is that the community does not have many questing 5* champion because of RNG. Right now, the only method to get a 5* of our choosing is through the featured arena and that is limited to 150 people. So, at the max, only 300 summoners get the chance to get new champions. The remaining 99.999999% of the community has to either spend units (which is just absurd value). On introducing the basic arena, u allow a percentile of summoners to get champions of their choosing. Let me remind u that most of the 300 summoners that get the new champions are already summoners who have a big stack of 5* and therefore people who actually need them have an even lesser chance.

Some interesting notes:

a) Story acts are the main points in the game where a summoner could actually cover the distance between a high mid-tier summoner and lower mid-tier summoner. This was a changing point in the pecking order (not for the really high 3%ers, but for upper mid tier and lower mid tier players). But with gating, u are only allowing a summoner of certain tier to progress further. U have made the capability to reduce the progression gap between mid tier summoners be completey based on RNG.

b) The most obvious reason for gating is synergies. Any reply from Kabam is not telling how the impact of synergies will be resolved. And this is a big factor. Synergies make or break a champion and Kabam having realized that they have made some over powered synergies and this is the best method to nullify that.

I hope KABAM actually implements the 5* basic arena before the end of this month as that will allow people to start progressing towards act 6. If they are worried about people getting flooded with 5* because of this, make it so that those arenas can be only accessed after getting uncollected (at which point, 5*s reduce their values as 6*s become the new highest standard). Also to some people saying uncollected is also a gate, its a big difference. Uncollected is a milestone of progression which every summoner will eventually reach with equal difficulty. But the hard gate like in act 6 is not a milestone but a RNG based system. Its not gonna be reached equally by all. There should never be a hard gate (or stopping point) in a progression system, especially if that stopping point is based on RNG which the summoner has no control over.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★

I don´t know what to think about this new mission, i mean, you'll have another tittle that is diferrent but it will be more difficult to have it....

Also, Rewards with that Title.
    I think Uncollected was quite a benchmark at one time, then scores of people got through it, and that leaves a very large group between Uncollected and this point. Like it or hate it, that's the separating factor they've chosen to implement for the next step up.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

What I chose to do is NOT rank ANY champ until I have a need for them. When I got to a point where 4*s were not need, I stopped ranking them, "good tier" or not. Now I only rank top 5*s, in the future only top 6*s. People are talked into ranking up champs by YouTubers, instead of focusing on their actual needs. Simply think for your self and your own needs.

A lot of people, myself included, have maxed 4* of champs they don't necessarily need but enjoy playing. After all this is a game meant to provide enjoyment no? I really want an Emma Frost for example, now I have to pull her as a 5* or 6* in order to use her in future story content. So essentially a champ I really like and want to invest in and play I most likely won't be able to for a long time now and that doesn't sit well. Also as an aside idk of anyone who ranks champs based off of youtubers.
    This is really the most annoying thing for me. It's part of the same story arc as acts 1-5. Why should the same champs that got me there now be banned? Why shouldn't we be able to play around with lower teams after we beat it? It's not that big a deal for me, I just wish they had gone about it a different way.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    There’s a large variance in the rosters between the Uncollected(s).
    xNig said:

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say. At one time, it was a genuine feat. Now there's really not much separating progress levels.
  • TJ26TJ26 Posts: 7

• benshbbenshb Posts: 788 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Luckily there is something called "Elders Bane"
    .....and this is the ridiculousness that follows.

.....and this is the ridiculousness that follows.

Wasn't completely undeserved, but I don't see that post staying for long.
    There's absolutely nothing deserving about that mess. It's just sad, really. Like watching someone self-destruct. It's not going to hurt me in the end.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Out of curiosity what would apple store say if you told them you bought units to open crystals and then weren't able to use them in content?

Sounds like trouble to me
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Rotelly said:

Out of curiosity what would apple store say if you told them you bought units to open crystals and then weren't able to use them in content?

id like to test that theory
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    If kabam wants five star restrictions to Act 6, make road to greatness a monthly event...

If 4* are to be banned from use and since this obviously includes maxed 4* it only makes sense to ban anything less than a 4/55 5*. If the reasoning behind the ban is that people will be frustrated because of the difficulty bringing 4* then a 3/45 5*, which is equivalent to a max 4* should be banned too.
    Or are we believing that an unduped 3/45 Cyclops will be that much more effective than a 5/50 Blade sig 99??

100% Agreed
    Rotelly said:

There's nothing they can say. It's in the TOS. You essentially lease the right to use their product, and have no ownership. They have the right to put out whatever content they choose. There's nothing that states you MUST have access to all future content with those Champs.
    TL:DR - They have every right to make whatever kind of challenge they want.

Rotelly said:

There's nothing they can say. It's in the TOS. You essentially lease the right to use their product, and have no ownership. They have the right to put out whatever content they choose. There's nothing that states you MUST have access to all future content with those Champs.
    TL:DR - They have every right to make whatever kind of challenge they want.
    yes and we have right to protest as the customer of the product that they make.
    I wasn't debating that. People can voice themselves if they want. That doesn't necessarily mean they will kibosh it. It's a slippery slope when you leave control of design in the hands of negative reactions. That's up to them I guess.
  • Zoro_2Zoro_2 Posts: 16
    i think kabam don't want to use ghost synergy in act 6 because lots of people didn't get 5* wasp they have 5* ghost but they 4* or 3* wasp and it's enough for ghost synergy
    Zoro_2 said:

i think kabam don't want to use ghost synergy in act 6 because lots of people didn't get 5* wasp they have 5* ghost but they 4* or 3* wasp and it's enough for ghost synergy

or a 5/50 sig 99 aegon. He will be very easy to grab in the basic arena and easy to max sig right away. There is not ONE node in mcoc that counters aegon, except for force of will. Other than that, Aegon counters everything in mcoc. They have just made champs too OP and then they dont know how to spit out content with balanced difficulty.
    Make it too tough and non-god tier average champs will struggle, make it medium then god-tier champs will rip through it.

Synergies are just another part of it.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Mike12867 said:

Rotelly said:

but you can use them in all content currently in game.

also it is only one aspect of the game that you cant use them.

it is possible that apple would give a refund as they often dont care about reason and will give refund.
    however in all cases of refeund/chargeback they inform the vendor. in this case kabam.
    so it is possible that if you requested a refund from apple you would get it but then kabam would ban your account for requesting a chargeback (ie. fraud).
    MaatMan said:

Mike12867 said:

Rotelly said:

but you can use them in all content currently in game.

also it is only one aspect of the game that you cant use them.

it is possible that apple would give a refund as they often dont care about reason and will give refund.
    however in all cases of refeund/chargeback they inform the vendor. in this case kabam.
    so it is possible that if you requested a refund from apple you would get it but then kabam would ban your account for requesting a chargeback (ie. fraud).
    And Apple is participating in the fraud as well then since they accepted the request. So would they charge/sue apple too?