**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Act 6 Chapter 1 - Strategies and Tips

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Interestingly enough, I got walled at Sabretooth. I did the path well enough (Joe Fixit, Mordo, etc.) but Sabretooth was like a brick wall. I brought 5/65 Blade, 4/55 Spark, 4/55 Heimdall, 3/45 GR, and 3/45 Gulk. I don’t care for Gulk too much, but I used my science 3->4 gem on him in the hopes he’ll get me through this quest (and Variant in the future). I can’t help but thinking Spark is a waste of a slot considering he needs to evade multiple times to set him up. Any tips on how to deal with Sabre effectively?

I had a similar experience after cruising through the Elektra path. Just didn’t bring the right champs and/or didn’t play well enough—that and mistiming the evade timer way too much. Having to take block damage on part of the Sp1 was pretty rough—have no idea why I left Quake on the bench.

Blade R4 L200
    GR R4
    SL R4 L100
    AA R3 L60
    Medusa R4 L162

Dr. Zola
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

axelelf_1 said:

How effective has blade been? Just wondering if content is being geared to counter him.

So far I've just completed 6.1.1, I'm not blitzing the content. But I can say that Blade was effective in the path I took (AV/RedSkull, which I think most are concluding is the easiest path). In the beta, No Retreat was a nightmare: it triggered on every dash back and it also stacked. If you were dashing back at all, you were dead, and I found Blade was almost worthless under those conditions. Its pretty hard to get any healing if you can't retreat at all, holding block works sometimes, but too often you trigger a heavy which forces you to either eat a heavy to the face or dash back and eat the degen. On live, No Retreat is almost not bad by comparison: it only triggers after two dash backs in rapid succession and it doesn't stack, so ironically if you do trigger degen you're now free to play "normally" for a while. I was able to take down Iron Patriot with 5/65 Blade playing almost "normally" because I could heal the degen back mostly.

For me, the MVPs in my roster in 6.1.1 were Hulk Ragnarok, Vision, and Blade in that order. Hulk is obvious: he can survive the degen and actually gets a damage buff from it. Vision's benefit comes from the fact that he can play extremely aggressively while also preventing the defender from using specials which reduces the need to evade at all. And Blade, as mentioned above, worked well enough for some fights that he could, if not solo the fight, usually survive long enough to take a big chunk out of a target (if I didn't make a mistake, of course). And both Hulk Rag and Vision have heal block which is extremely useful against Sabretooth.

The biggest problem for me is that while I think this is the easiest path for me, it includes the Tyranny Red Skull and none of my high rank champs are villains. I died to him almost as much as to Sabretooth. I think it was 14 deaths total, nine revives, most on Red Skull and Sabretooth (and a couple on Agent Venom, who's a pain in the neck but also I probably needed some ramp up time myself).

Rounding out my team was Archangel and Sabretooth. My AA is not awakened so he wasn't as good as I hoped he would be. I brought Sabretooth thinking he'd avoid the hero power lock on Red Skull, but I didn't realize that mercenaries count as heroes for the purposes of that node.
    I’m sure most don’t have him yet but Sym Sup is a great counter to Red Skull with that node that only allows villains to gain power. I have managed to pull SS twice now and he is one of the best solutions to both Red Skull and that node specifically.
    Symbiote Supreme gains power on that node? I don't think he's explicitly tagged as a villain, but I didn't try him explicitly.
    SS is tagged as a villain.
    SS is tagged as a Symbiote. He is not a villain, just checked as I was writing this message.
    Wow... What was I getting confused about...? Well I thought he was tagged as a villain, guess I should know seeing as I just r5d the guy.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

V1PER1987 said:

Interestingly enough, I got walled at Sabretooth. I did the path well enough (Joe Fixit, Mordo, etc.) but Sabretooth was like a brick wall. I brought 5/65 Blade, 4/55 Spark, 4/55 Heimdall, 3/45 GR, and 3/45 Gulk. I don’t care for Gulk too much, but I used my science 3->4 gem on him in the hopes he’ll get me through this quest (and Variant in the future). I can’t help but thinking Spark is a waste of a slot considering he needs to evade multiple times to set him up. Any tips on how to deal with Sabre effectively?

I had a similar experience after cruising through the Elektra path. Just didn’t bring the right champs and/or didn’t play well enough—that and mistiming the evade timer way too much. Having to take block damage on part of the Sp1 was pretty rough—have no idea why I left Quake on the bench.

Blade R4 L200
    GR R4
    SL R4 L100
    AA R3 L60
    Medusa R4 L162

Dr. Zola
    Quake would be lovely. Maybe one day I’ll meet her.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

Well, my Gulk is 1/25 6*, so he's essentially an unawakened 4/55 and he did okay for me. I'm not good enough to one-shot Sabretooth but when you fight him with Gulk and you can get, say, 25% to 40% of his health in one good run with Gulk, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. They key is to play aggressively, forget about No Retreat and just evade like it is normal content (he takes degen damage, but it isn't big and in the meantime he gets a damage boost), and use SP1 a lot for the heal block. If you don't do anything cute and just play to deal as much damage as possible before you die, I think Gulk can do him in a couple of revives.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    DrZola said:

V1PER1987 said:

Blade R4 L200
    GR R4
    SL R4 L100
    AA R3 L60
    Medusa R4 L162

Dr. Zola
    AA is your answer. 1 neurotoxin shuts down regen and 3 of them shut down no retreat as well.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Used a 5/65 spark, triggered degen, built poise, wrecked havoc, revived once, I did have void on my team but he is to slow for me when on the no retreat thing.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★

I have 2 R4 5* and I can rank up another 2 to R4, well one because Blade is one of them to R4. Who will help the most specially for act 6?
    I understand Gulk is important.
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Well, my Gulk is 1/25 6*, so he's essentially an unawakened 4/55 and he did okay for me. I'm not good enough to one-shot Sabretooth but when you fight him with Gulk and you can get, say, 25% to 40% of his health in one good run with Gulk, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. They key is to play aggressively, forget about No Retreat and just evade like it is normal content (he takes degen damage, but it isn't big and in the meantime he gets a damage boost), and use SP1 a lot for the heal block. If you don't do anything cute and just play to deal as much damage as possible before you die, I think Gulk can do him in a couple of revives.
    Giving it another go today. I guess I should accept I’ll need a few revives then and pretend like no retreat doesn’t exist.
  • StarlingStarling Posts: 3
    Scouting the paths helps a ton;
    On this reddit post have a link to a google sheet with all node & champion info throughout act 6; am trying to add health when remember to do so.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/b0o5qn/megathread_act_6_chapter_1/
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,534 ★★★★★
    I used 5* r4 Quake vs that Red skull on 6.1.1
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    xNig said:

Anyone tried the Caustic Temper or Buffed Up path in 6.1.6?

Any advice?

Caustic Temper: Use the Heimdall synergy with Angela/Hela for a permanent fury buff, then use any poison immune you want to blow through the path.

Buffed up: Corvus with Proxima gets through the first half pretty easy. Blade with Meph/Dorm synergy through the second half with good RNG to shut the node off.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

xNig said:

Any advice?

Caustic Temper: Use the Heimdall synergy with Angela/Hela for a permanent fury buff, then use any poison immune you want to blow through the path.

Buffed up: Corvus with Proxima gets through the first half pretty easy. Blade with Meph/Dorm synergy through the second half with good RNG to shut the node off.
    Cool! Thanks for the tips bro.

Also, wouldn’t Dr Strange nullify the Permanent Fury buff from Heimdall/Angela/Hela synergy?

(Side note: Danger Sense shuts off Buffed Up? Is it on a “hit by hit basis” or determined at the start of the fight?)
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Any advice?

Also, wouldn’t Dr Strange nullify the Permanent Fury buff from Heimdall/Angela/Hela synergy?

(Side note: Danger Sense shuts off Buffed Up? Is it on a “hit by hit basis” or determined at the start of the fight?)
    Yeah you would have to use another poison immune who can generate fury naturally for DS.

I didn't go through with Blade/Meph personally. Just heard someone would try it. Following up they said it didn't work. Sorry for bad info. In the end they used Void/Hulk/Sentry synergy to get through and it was painful they said.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    6.1.1 - I used Hyperion r5/65. Idea was to spam sp1s and because i have 2/3 in Despair the healing would be reduced. Wasn't bad managed to get 50% of his health. Then used a 6* IWIM to finish him off. He is good because he has heal block on heavy and sp1 and with shock or plasma he reduces power gain when attacking into him. Also hes very tanky so taking the block damage was not as bad with him when he had his armor up. Vision would be really good for this fight with his power drain and heal block on specials. Duped would be even better since you can just continue to throw specials and not worry so much about ST.

6.1.2 This one caused the most problems for my roster. as my immunites champs are limited and very weak. I Couldn't out damage the heal on the sentinel. I used a r3 Sentinel and a r3 Morningstar. Tried 6* IWIM but couldn't consistently keep the armor up to avoid the bleeds. Needed the dupe on my sentinel. Died 4 times with my sentinel and only managed 30% health ( AI was not playing ball and throwing specials and i couldn't always heal block him). In the end i used Hyperion and went with the do as much damage before i die option revive and repeat. Not pretty but only thing i could do. took another 2 revives. So if you are lacking any good counters to this fight then i would recommend getting your strongest hitting champ and just go in doing as much as possible .
    The boss I had r4/55 Medussa so not as much of an issue, just be weary of that evade and you will also take some shock damage. Once you armor shatter its easy going. ( I did however die twice though as i got caught by the evades, so better to stick to 4 hits until you armor shatter).

6.1.3 & 6.1.4 are really easy boss fights I used blade for both with GR synergy. I would imagine most champs can do these fight with ease as there isn't too much to worry about in terms of mechanics to the fight. Loki does have unblockable sp1 so just dodge all his specials. Ghost just bait sp1.

6.1.5 Crossbones was daunting as my immunities champions are too weak to deal with the regen. I was able to bring my r3 Iceman, this time. I popped some boosts and chipped away slowly with iceman. Was a long fight. I would say if you don't have at least 2/3 in despair then a r3 won't cut it. I also found that using GR you can fate seal the vigor and it won't return for the rest of the fight.
    Other champions that would be good
    - Duped sentinel with sp1 spam
    - Duped Omega Red
    - A duped morningstar would work well too especially if you have 4-5 souls.(PB at 4 souls)

6.1.6 This wasn't so bad for me as i have a Hyperion. so tactic was get to sp3 then rotate between sp1 & 2.
    Strategy was just bait and dodge sp1 then go in right after. ( you do have to be quick). I can also dodge the sp2 so wasn't too worried if a couple of times i pushed him over.
    Star Lord would work very well for this fight
    Sparky would also do well in this fight
    xNig said:

Any advice?

kamala Khan :wink:

Hyperion, Medusa, Hulk, She hulk, Ms Marvel, Cap Marvel, Ghost

those are the only ones i can think off that can generate a fury buff and are poison immune ( Ghost can phase it off)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Starting out in 6.1.1 you should
    put your champs with synergy partners to
    exceed their normal strength.
    no one should be in your squad if they
    don’t add something to another member.

My first champ was ST and I recommend
    omega red as well. I did well with
    nebula and Proxima, and obv
    everyone likes Corvus. I’m sure
    you’ll be fine.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Best strategy? Have a lot of units saved or just the right champs. For those that have a r2 6* ghost or Domino, you're gonna have a blast.
    Best tip? Practice the new nodes first before you go all in and make sure you read everything so nothing catches you off guard. Just became a Cavalier today, good luck to you all.

xNig said:

xNig said:

Any advice?

Yeah you would have to use another poison immune who can generate fury naturally for DS.

I didn't go through with Blade/Meph personally. Just heard someone would try it. Following up they said it didn't work. Sorry for bad info. In the end they used Void/Hulk/Sentry synergy to get through and it was painful they said.
    No prob bro.

Yeah seems like besides Hulk there’s no other choice for Science + Poison Immune + Active Fury Buff.

Cosmic will take a very very long time.
    edited March 2019
    Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Any advice?

those are the only ones i can think off that can generate a fury buff and are poison immune ( Ghost can phase it off)

Caustic Temper + Split Atom. Hyperion KK Medusa Marvel Ghost all will deal 20% less damage due to class disadvantage and DS will take 90% less damage. So your effective DPS is like 8%.

She Hulk’s furies are passive so they won’t count for Caustic Temper.
    xNig said:

Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Any advice?

Caustic Temper + Split Atom. Hyperion KK Medusa Marvel Ghost all will deal 20% less damage due to class disadvantage and DS will take 90% less damage. So your effective DPS is like 8%.

Well yeah unfortunately that’s how kabam designed that fight, so it will be a pain of a fight.

Forgot she hulk now is passive fury.

If you want a science poison immune counter then you only have 1 option which is hulk as far as I am aware.

Abomination also could but if I’m not mistaken he’s not available as a 5/6* yet.

Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Any advice?

Well yeah unfortunately that’s how kabam designed that fight, so it will be a pain of a fight.

Forgot she hulk now is passive fury.

If you want a science poison immune counter then you only have 1 option which is hulk as far as I am aware.

Abomination also could but if I’m not mistaken he’s not available as a 5/6* yet.

Yeah. At least it’s 90% less damage unlike Buffed Up. 😂
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 267
    edited March 2019
    https://youtu.be/PhPMPEbkoe4

Next video will be of Boss crossbone
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★

Is this a good team, I am going to R4 Ghulk and Blade..
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    Anyone with experience using Corvus or Domino against crossbones? Would appreciate some tips.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Has anyone tried r3 5* Morningstar against Crossbones? How would she do?
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Alpha07 said:

Not myself but I know others that tried at r3 & said it was a no go. I’m curious if IMIW would work?
    Vincew80 said:

Alpha07 said:

Not myself but I know others that tried at r3 & said it was a no go. I’m curious if IMIW would work?
    I’ve tried IMIW against him in the beta. It will work on condition that you get lucky through the fight on a few things.

1. You constantly need to have an armor up but that’s subjected to rng so you might get totally screwed over.

2. You always always need to have an sp1 on standby for when vigor procs to apply it twice, just in case he shrugs the first heal block off.

Generally it is pretty tricky with IMIW, not advisable if he’s your sole counter.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I'm thinking of boosting hard and taking Crossbones with my 4/55 Ghost Rider. The fate seal with completely shut down vigour and it'll be easy only will take a lotta hits. Is this viable???
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Vincew80 said:

Alpha07 said:

That's sad. I'll use my r5 Sparky and power through him hoping to use as few revives as possible.