**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Act 6 Chapter 1 - Strategies and Tips

Comments

• DanielYorkDanielYork Posts: 42
    Don’t know if this has been shared but 6.1.5 crossbones take down with ghost rider. Apply fate seal, if shrugged force quit, if not take down health till next 25% interval. Quit before regen starts, repeat. Cost 3 revives but if you don’t have other options it works.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

I'm thinking of boosting hard and taking Crossbones with my 4/55 Ghost Rider. The fate seal with completely shut down vigour and it'll be easy only will take a lotta hits. Is this viable???

That will be hard since you can really only place that judgment 1 time unless you want to eat an L3. The made sure to counter that with the global node that only lets you gain power when he does
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 443 ★★★
    I’m having a hard time seeing how MS would work myself lol not seeing how you’ll be able to get more than the 2 souls you can get from the synergy lol
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Don’t know if this has been shared but 6.1.5 crossbones take down with ghost rider. Apply fate seal, if shrugged force quit, if not take down health till next 25% interval. Quit before regen starts, repeat. Cost 3 revives but if you don’t have other options it works.

Dshu said:

I'm thinking of boosting hard and taking Crossbones with my 4/55 Ghost Rider. The fate seal with completely shut down vigour and it'll be easy only will take a lotta hits. Is this viable???

That will be hard since you can really only place that judgment 1 time unless you want to eat an L3. The made sure to counter that with the global node that only lets you gain power when he does
    Fate seal works astonishingly well here. You see, take GR against iceman in a duel. Parry him to shatter his armour. When his armour is just about to form, fate seal him. The ice armour never comes back again, it disappears. Vigor works the same way. One fate seal and it disappears. Mephisto's soul imprisonment does this too. That's why I'm thinking to try with GR.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Dshu said:

Fate seal works astonishingly well here. You see, take GR against iceman in a duel. Parry him to shatter his armour. When his armour is just about to form, fate seal him. The ice armour never comes back again, it disappears. Vigor works the same way. One fate seal and it disappears. Mephisto's soul imprisonment does this too. That's why I'm thinking to try with GR.
    Yes it works that way UNTIL you reach the 25% interval thresholds then it reactivates.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Dshu said:

Yes it works that way UNTIL you reach the 25% interval thresholds then it reactivates.
    So with some rng luck with getting the fate seal consistently and force-quitting you could take CB down with 3(?) revives?

• WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Caustic Temper 6.1.6 Path:

Is it confirmed passive fury buffs like She Hull won’t work on this path?
  • SohaibbSohaibb Posts: 33
    Ah I am much depressed about the rank up offer I currently failed to achieved after completion of act6. Its too much sad that I was unknown about that
    Does Ability Reduction work on Buffed Up? Eg 50 hits using Gwenpool?

xNig said:

Dshu said:

So with some rng luck with getting the fate seal consistently and force-quitting you could take CB down with 3(?) revives?

I believe 2 might be possible. You could get Light Medium Heavy judgement up, then fate seal him when he’s near 75% and knock him down to below 50% then end the fight. Might be possible. Just theorycrafting.
  • Dono512Dono512 Posts: 6
    I was able to almost one-shot CB using Iceman. Got him down to 3% and then died. You just gotta get in a rhythm of baiting his sp1 and then using your own sp1. I would also recommend not parrying, and just trying to intercept or punish after his sp1 or heavies. My iceman is 5* rank 4 unduped, I used a 20% boost and it took around 225 hits. One shot is definitely doable with the right champ, but without the right champ this is a bad fight.
  • SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    Dono512 said:

I was able to almost one-shot CB using Iceman. Got him down to 3% and then died. You just gotta get in a rhythm of baiting his sp1 and then using your own sp1. I would also recommend not parrying, and just trying to intercept or punish after his sp1 or heavies. My iceman is 5* rank 4 unduped, I used a 20% boost and it took around 225 hits. One shot is definitely doable with the right champ, but without the right champ this is a bad fight.

Does Iceman need suicides?
  • BonesjuniorBonesjunior Posts: 89
    edited March 2019
    For those of you who have completed 6.1 who would you suggest I take up to complete? Morningstar and below are all r3 or less. Should I r4 more or take someone like Medusa to r5? I run full suicides.Thanks in advance

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Just finished 6.1.4. Here's what i used so far.

I did the Cap -> Punisher path in 6.1.2. Blade was fine for Cap, Punisher, and Vulture. His ability to gain power on bleeding targets helps with the Special Delivery node. I used Void against Ultron, Nebula, and Sparky. Void reverses Ultron's and Nebula's healing (a small benefit) and once you land enough petrify on Sparky you can use his Arc Converter against him: block then use SP1 and he will convert your special into power, which will reverse on him. I used Nebula against Sentinel, and then I just kept hitting Ultron's fists with my face until he went down. One revive on Sentinel, a couple plus a team revive on Ultron (because for some reason I wasn't in sync on that fight). I hate that turkey.

6.1.3 I went Vision AoU->Deadpool. None of the path fights are hard, I basically used Blade on all of them except Deadpool, who I used Void for obvious reasons. Even Thing wasn't hard with Blade, because Blade can control his armor stacks when played decently. I surprised myself by not dying at all on Thing, and Ghost was also not hard: she was generous throwing specials. Zero potions. In my opinion, Thing is the only hard fight on this path on this map, and anyone who can get past 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 should be able to do at least this path with practically anything in their roster, as long as they have an answer for Thing.

6.1.4 I did the Phoenix path (down, through the portal, to the right). this was also relatively easy compared to 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. The only thing you really need to worry about is dealing with the Close Encounters node. GHulk does reduce the passive degen, but I found that Blade was actually a good option here. Play to stay close, but if you need to back away occasionally Blade can heal at least some of that back. But I think anyone that plays with good tactics won't need special counters for anything here. You want to play with a hybrid aggressive/slow playstyle: charge into them aggressively but don't use full combos, hit once or twice and stay close until you get enough power to use specials. You don't want to throw a bunch of full combos and give them too much power, then have to back away constantly to bait specials - this will kill you with degen. But dash in, hit once or twice, then stay there and hold block and let them decide what to do, and evade when necessary gives you back almost as much health as the degen knocks off. In fact, for the Sabretooth fight I was mostly just letting him hit into block: it was safer. I found the best strategy for Loki was to try to push him to SP2 and the slow down: it was easier to stay close for a higher percentage of the fight. I did lose some champs to Loki, but really to the degen. Zero potions used on this map.

My recollection from beta was that the difficulty curve was a funny "U" shape: the first map was ridiculous, then it got slightly easier, then it was weirdly easy in the middle, and then it ramped up again at the end. It seems to be following this pattern on live, although No Retreat is way less ridiculous.

If we're just talking about doing one first completion, I'd say for anyone worried about the content making champs like Blade and Void worthless, that isn't happening. They aren't the answer to everything: you need other champs. But they pull their weight and then some, at least for me, at least up to 6.1.4 so far. I might tackle 6.1.5, or I might save it as I'm considering whether to go for first full complete now, or hold off until I can afford the completion package.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I have a similar roster to you (sub Blade for Corvus) at similar ranks - Just got Cavalier as a F2P player and i don't think you need anyone specifically ranked up for 6.1 completion.
    Corvus will be enough to just chip away at CB.
    Not too sure about 100% though.
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    you dont have gold nor battlechips to rank up anyone...

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    You don’t seem to have the resources for a big rank up, but anyway... You have enough to clear it.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Think I’m stumped at the sentinel miniboss in 6.1.2 for now. I thought Darkhawk would work but gotta reach that L3 first so I’d have to tank atleast 1 bout of degen to get there.
    I’ll be giving it another try tomorrow.

Other options could be CapIW (skill champ to shrug off bleeds), and I’ve got iceman who’s immune but highly doubt he could outdamage arc overload
  • Dono512Dono512 Posts: 6
    SSofLimbo said:

Dono512 said:

Does Iceman need suicides?
    I did not use suicides with Iceman to get him down.
  • Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66

I
    its hard butdone with boosted CG r3( norng for t4cc to rank him) with about 10-15 level 1 revives
    Just hitting cb until charges ends or he start to reg then quit n repeat
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Think I’m stumped at the sentinel miniboss in 6.1.2 for now. I thought Darkhawk would work but gotta reach that L3 first so I’d have to tank atleast 1 bout of degen to get there.
    I’ll be giving it another try tomorrow.

Other options could be CapIW (skill champ to shrug off bleeds), and I’ve got iceman who’s immune but highly doubt he could outdamage arc overload

Ok so follow up to this.

1. Darkhawk would totally work, just gotta survive 1 bout of degen to reach the L3.... not getting ruined by sentinels L2 immediately after the L3 ends unlike me helps aswell.

2. Awakened CapIW using just heavy attacks and L2s and bringing a skill champ works great for the biohazard sentinel - just remember to evade the unblockable attack after the bubble shield counter gets to 10, 20 etc, and worked quite nicely for the ultron too.
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    Why does Nebula’s shock charges not work normally against Crossbones boss? I hit parried him with 16 built up charges and it only applied 3 shocks to him. Timed L2 and it only doubled up to six shocks. I know he is immune to ability mods. Please any1 know?
    Will try again and check. Thx. If its option 1 its a bit op that converted 13 shock chargers!
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    Because he can shrug them off, making that fight even more of a trash unit grab than it already is. Unless you have the right champs, of course. I mean, I have over 70 5* champs, but I don’t have Iceman, Corvus, Ghost, GR (for the Blade synergy), etc. I have the 4* version of all those champs, but I can’t use them, of course. Oh, and then there’s Kabam’s garbage rng, which refuses to give me any of those needed champs from crystals. Looking like it may be time to walk away from this game. @Kabam Miike
    Does gr blade work on that fight?
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Dshu said:

I believe 2 might be possible. You could get Light Medium Heavy judgement up, then fate seal him when he’s near 75% and knock him down to below 50% then end the fight. Might be possible. Just theorycrafting.
    Interesting, something I might try when I do eventually go for 6.1. Still keeping options open for alternatives in terms of ranking champs up (GR is rank 3 rn).

• MatthewmercuryMatthewmercury Posts: 68
    Does the sabretooth+km synergy work for CB? Not just negating his shrug off but biohazard bleed too?
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    WC303 said:

Because he can shrug them off, making that fight even more of a trash unit grab than it already is. Unless you have the right champs, of course. I mean, I have over 70 5* champs, but I don’t have Iceman, Corvus, Ghost, GR (for the Blade synergy), etc. I have the 4* version of all those champs, but I can’t use them, of course. Oh, and then there’s Kabam’s garbage rng, which refuses to give me any of those needed champs from crystals. Looking like it may be time to walk away from this game. @Kabam Miike

Yeah, bad RNG is screwing me too with the 4* gate.

As others have said,”Elder’s Bane” would have been a much fairer gate.