**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Act 6 Chapter 1 - Strategies and Tips

Comments

• BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    Vincew80 said:

Alpha07 said:

Has anyone tried r3 5* Morningstar against Crossbones? How would she do?

She’s a no go because of the power struggle node. I have her at 6* and she’s one of my many in effective champs against him.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Does the sabretooth+km synergy work for CB? Not just negating his shrug off but biohazard bleed too?

It should but only if you take the correct path (I think the far right path). If not he has force of will which negates the synergy.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    What about Dormammu to deal with Crossbones? It's my only choice... Need to try
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    WC303 said:

Because he can shrug them off, making that fight even more of a trash unit grab than it already is. Unless you have the right champs, of course. I mean, I have over 70 5* champs, but I don’t have Iceman, Corvus, Ghost, GR (for the Blade synergy), etc. I have the 4* version of all those champs, but I can’t use them, of course. Oh, and then there’s Kabam’s garbage rng, which refuses to give me any of those needed champs from crystals. Looking like it may be time to walk away from this game. @Kabam Miike

Emma works also if you are careful to keep her in diamond form.
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    Badrose said:

Sadly, I don’t think Dorm will work. He doesn’t hit hard enough to outpace ST’s regen
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60

Badrose said:

Sadly, I don’t think Dorm will work. He doesn’t hit hard enough to outpace ST’s regen
    Can Dorm nullify XB regen with his SP1?

Badrose said:

Of course he can, the problem is he hits like a ****
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

Badrose said:

I thought about this earlier and I haven’t tried it yet, but I feel like it wouldn’t work out so great in practice because if you don’t have your dark energy at 100 when you wanna use the sp1, there’s a good likelihood he’ll just nullify one of his fury buffs rather than the regen.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Quake 4/55
    Hype 5/65
    Iceman 4/55
    Juggy 6*
    Thor janefoster 6*

6.1.1 : easy path. No revives ST Boss takedown by quake
    6.1.2 : easy path, Sentinel stun lock hype, Ultron boss easily by Quake
    6.1.3 : easy path, boss by juggy 356 hits @_@
    6.1.4 : easy path, boss by juggy and hype

No revives.

6.1.5 on process wish me luck guys... My roster too limited
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Badrose said:

I Would say if he is duped and r4 then he will work. Even at r3 its a possibility but will be a long fight due to damage output.

he can potentially nullify his heal using his sp1

Also the dup means with all the heals and furies he gains through the fight you will do additional degen damage.

You can also use the power burn from medium hits to theoretically build up to a sp3 by power burning everytime he hits 1 bar which should then give you one each time he hits 1 bar again.

If hes not duped i would probably not try it if hes lower then r4.
    Bidzy7 said:

Badrose said:

I Would say if he is duped and r4 then he will work. Even at r3 its a possibility but will be a long fight due to damage output.

Also the dup means with all the heals and furies he gains through the fight you will do additional degen damage.

You can also use the power burn from medium hits to theoretically build up to a sp3 by power burning everytime he hits 1 bar which should then give you one each time he hits 1 bar again.

I tried but Dormammu is not a solution at all... Think I have to change path, remove the other node and go with Blade and revives. Kabam, thanks for your stupidity, as always this is a "MUST HAVE THIS CHAMPION OR YOU ARE SCREWED" game...
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Either a high burst champnlike a corvus or try to stay in the fight and bait specials, he doesn’t have aspect of war I don’t think
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 443 ★★★
    Rgn in that Xbones fight is complete bs😂 every healblock with Sent when vigor was about to kick in he shrugged off and then Nebula can’t even keep more than 2 shock charges no matter how many charges I have lol
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

Bidzy7 said:

Badrose said:

I tried but Dormammu is not a solution at all... Think I have to change path, remove the other node and go with Blade and revives. Kabam, thanks for your stupidity, as always this is a "MUST HAVE THIS CHAMPION OR YOU ARE SCREWED" game...
    Dormammu does work, an alliance mate used him to beat Cb, you’ll just need to make sure you nullify the regen buff
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    6.1.5 down. I was tempted to leave the Bane node up to help with CB, but I decided to take the Bane path and leave the other link up. I went in with 5/65 Void, 5/65 Blade, 4/55 Vision, 4/55 Iceman, and 1/25 Nebula. I used Void on Superior Iron Man (because he heals), Falcon (to reverse masochism), and Sabretooth (to reverse his healing). Then I used Blade on Venom and She Hulk, switched back to Void for Old Man Logan and Winter Soldier (who has buffet). Then the fun began. I tried Nebula on CB first: that was an exercise in futility. I couldn't outdamage his regen, and couldn't really use shocks, and even trying to build up shocks was just giving him too much time to heal. Then I tried Vision, but because of the mechanics of Power Struggle it was almost impossible to reliably land heal block. You could land it if you could get to SP2, but there was no way to do that reliably enough and VIsion's damage is simply too low without heal block constantly up.

It came down to Iceman. I was able to chip away by playing extremely aggressive, combined with baiting SP1 also very aggressively. You have to leave yourself open to it and let him attack with it and then evade: if you hide in block, you give him too much chance to heal back. I exited and used a team revive and popped a 30% boost and a 20% attack boost, and 4/55 Iceman plus boosts + very aggressive SP1 baiting and I could get him almost all the way down before I literally failed to evade back on a heavy attack for I don't know why and died with CB having about 9k health left. That was low enough that I could finish him off with Blade and Vision (Blade took off 5k before poisoning himself to death, then Vision finished him off quickly).

Basically, you can bring down Crossbones with any high damage bleed immune, and boosts can get you there if needed. A 4/55 Iceman with 50% total attack boosts can one-shot him, I just malfunctioned at the end. I believe a 5/65 would put out similar damage to my boosted run.

Here's the Iceman part of my fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX05y_dpVPw

My guess is the same fight would be doable in basically the same way with Luke Cage and probably Emma Frost. @Dono512 said he could do it in 225 hits with an r4 Iceman and 20% boost; I suspect I was slower because the fight is very sensitive to how fast you can bait out special one attacks and not give him time to heal back. It took me about 300 hits to take off about 85% health, probably because I was still trying to get into rhythm at the beginning of the fight and was dealing less damage as a result.
    DNA3000 said:

6.1.5 down. I was tempted to leave the Bane node up to help with CB, but I decided to take the Bane path and leave the other link up. I went in with 5/65 Void, 5/65 Blade, 4/55 Vision, 4/55 Iceman, and 1/25 Nebula. I used Void on Superior Iron Man (because he heals), Falcon (to reverse masochism), and Sabretooth (to reverse his healing). Then I used Blade on Venom and She Hulk, switched back to Void for Old Man Logan and Winter Soldier (who has buffet). Then the fun began. I tried Nebula on CB first: that was an exercise in futility. I couldn't outdamage his regen, and couldn't really use shocks, and even trying to build up shocks was just giving him too much time to heal. Then I tried Vision, but because of the mechanics of Power Struggle it was almost impossible to reliably land heal block. You could land it if you could get to SP2, but there was no way to do that reliably enough and VIsion's damage is simply too low without heal block constantly up.

It came down to Iceman. I was able to chip away by playing extremely aggressive, combined with baiting SP1 also very aggressively. You have to leave yourself open to it and let him attack with it and then evade: if you hide in block, you give him too much chance to heal back. I exited and used a team revive and popped a 30% boost and a 20% attack boost, and 4/55 Iceman plus boosts + very aggressive SP1 baiting and I could get him almost all the way down before I literally failed to evade back on a heavy attack for I don't know why and died with CB having about 9k health left. That was low enough that I could finish him off with Blade and Vision (Blade took off 5k before poisoning himself to death, then Vision finished him off quickly).

Basically, you can bring down Crossbones with any high damage bleed immune, and boosts can get you there if needed. A 4/55 Iceman with 50% total attack boosts can one-shot him, I just malfunctioned at the end. I believe a 5/65 would put out similar damage to my boosted run.

My guess is the same fight would be doable in basically the same way with Luke Cage and probably Emma Frost. @Dono512 said he could do it in 225 hits with an r4 Iceman and 20% boost; I suspect I was slower because the fight is very sensitive to how fast you can bait out special one attacks and not give him time to heal back. It took me about 300 hits to take off about 85% health, probably because I was still trying to get into rhythm at the beginning of the fight and was dealing less damage as a result.

That fight was nicely done. Great job and thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you ended your combos with light attacks instead of mediums?
    V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

That fight was nicely done. Great job and thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you ended your combos with light attacks instead of mediums?
    For me personally, it is easier to keep in rhythm that way. You'll do more damage ending combos with mediums, but every once in a while when I do that I'll have a slight hesitation pause at the end which can mess me up. In fact, some kind of brain fart similar to that killed me at the end regardless.
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

For me personally, it is easier to keep in rhythm that way. You'll do more damage ending combos with mediums, but every once in a while when I do that I'll have a slight hesitation pause at the end which can mess me up. In fact, some kind of brain fart similar to that killed me at the end regardless.
    I see. Do you ever have trouble landing specials when ending with a light attack? It doesn’t seem to make them flinch as much so it seems like they have a quicker recovery time.
    V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

I see. Do you ever have trouble landing specials when ending with a light attack? It doesn’t seem to make them flinch as much so it seems like they have a quicker recovery time.
    Yes, it is much easier to connect with a special after ending with medium in general; there are champions like, say, Killmonger where I find it is all but impossible to connect with a special immediately after ending a combo with a light attack. I try not to do that in those circumstances, but unfortunately I learned to play the game that way at the beginning of time and the muscle memory is difficult to unlearn. If I am thinking about it and I actually want to end a combo with medium, it isn't hard, I have no problem doing that with Ghost Rider, say. Its just that when I'm more in autopilot or trying to keep a constant rhythm in a very long fight, I revert to what my fingers learned first.
    Daphboy said:

Well, apparently my inquiry needs to be answered here since my other post was clutter lol.

Act 6 completion is next on my plate and I’m looking for advice on who will be the most useful to achieve that.
    I’m heavily leaning towards Emma 6* right now for several reasons. The biggest being her immunities, evade counter, and damage output(currently hits 60k on sp2 pretty consistently).
    Obviously the same can be said for ghost, BUT I am lacking a 5* wasp which apparently reduces my effectiveness with her. I just got too used to launching special attacks willy nilly without regard for block and need to break that habit lol. Another reason for Emma is obviously that she has potential to go further in the long run.
    Any input on those 2 champs or someone you think would be more helpful will
    be greatly appreciated!

I personally think that in general most players will find it better to think about each part separately and even each path separately and look for the best team to handle that path. As this thread shows, different players have different ideas about how to tackle different paths in different fights, and sometimes even just one single fight on one map. Don't assume you're going to steamroll the entire chapter with the same team necessarily.

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

Yes, it is much easier to connect with a special after ending with medium in general; there are champions like, say, Killmonger where I find it is all but impossible to connect with a special immediately after ending a combo with a light attack. I try not to do that in those circumstances, but unfortunately I learned to play the game that way at the beginning of time and the muscle memory is difficult to unlearn. If I am thinking about it and I actually want to end a combo with medium, it isn't hard, I have no problem doing that with Ghost Rider, say. Its just that when I'm more in autopilot or trying to keep a constant rhythm in a very long fight, I revert to what my fingers learned first.
    That makes sense. Thank you for sharing.
    Daphboy said:

I just noticed that while I do have some of those champs (Magik and Emma for example) I used exactly zero of them in Act 6 so far. That doesn't mean that roster can't do it, it just means those were not the champs I ultimately used for any fight. I just thought that was interesting.

I think the immediate problem to consider is how you're going to deal with No Retreat in 6.1.1. Your best bet there is probably Ghost, plus a lot of practice. And if you're taking the "easy" path then you could also bring Killmonger for backup since he also has the #villain tag for the Tyranny Red Skull. And if you get to 6.1.5 your best bet for Crossbones is probably Corvus. For all the easy nodes on most maps, Voodoo might be an option for sustainability. But beyond that, its probably a question of which paths you take and which champs you can play the best. Unless you're thinking about long-range rankups, I'd go one path at a time.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I managed to get through one pass of Act 6 last night (took a couple days to get through).

My roster changed with each part, but my 5/65 Blade handled most of the path work. Other champs used:
    4/55 Voodoo
    4/55 Hela (unduped)
    4/55 Magik (unduped)
    4/55 Iceman (unduped)
    6* Yondu
    6* Angela

Boss fights:
    6.1.1 Yondu ended up being my MVP for Sabretooth. Only a couple revives to do that one.
    6.1.2 Sentinel/Ultron can eat a bag of *insert*. Spent 5 or 6 team revives total.
    6.1.3 Ghost was a non-existent fight. I think I only lost one (maybe two) champs the whole path.
    6.1.4 Loki was a bit trickier than expected simply due to the 3% degen if too far away along with avoiding his unblockable specials. One team revive used here.
    6.1.5 Xbones was just a pain but wasn't horrible with Iceman. I went the outside right path so he still had Bane which caused most of the damage I took. Used a few single revives on him.
    6.1.6 Sentinel sucked. Right as I would start to get into a rhythm in the fight he would clip me with something. Ended up using 3 or 4 team revives and just wore him down.

Overall spent ~1700 units to do it. I'm not as good as most who have completed it, but I have no regrets spending the units (it's why I grind in arenas). Probably could have saved some units by practicing. Probably won't go for explore for a while, but rather focus on Variant or my first run through LOL.

Opened 3 Cavalier crystals afterwards, pulled a 3* WW2, 4* Falcon and a 5* Loki. I'll take it.

Not bad for a F2P hack, IMO.