**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the Iceman Gamble worth it?

myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Should I buy an Iceman Crystal or should I be saving for December/January for the addition of the champs as basics?

Is the Iceman Gamble worth it? 65 votes

Go for the Gamble
73%
LagmelongtimeDAVIDTHWARICK99LocoMotivesZeke_the_XbotJamezBongCYNDRDBODYMr_PlatypusSeverus35Noob_2yrsProductej00mBATimone147KML15Hulk_77TillerTheKillerHeartlessRaganatorStefffKoperBoy 48 votes
Save for a better chance later
26%
thetaman23SnakeEyes69DrZolaAlfa_PigeonA_Noob_Is1mostlyharmlessnBerserk_NationJ_PattVartoxSpeedbumpNomarigerolcaligarelinquoLuismarquez131Arachnoid66Bouv12SalsamanderZipriano 17 votes

Comments

• J_PattJ_Patt Posts: 67
    @myPUNCAKE i say you should wait so you don't get disappointed with the results if you don't pull iceman. Atleast in december he'll be in the basic pool and you have saved up crystals to have a better chance at getting him.
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    Go for the Gamble
    Op champ. Very few in the game
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    I'm in the same boat, and I've made the decision to wait it out. Only certain people get lucky in this clown fiesta, and unfortunately I'm not one of them.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Save it for Dec
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Go for the Gamble
    I had 2 tries and pulled a sl and duped my drax so I'm happy even though I missed him. I had a 5* mutant gem for iceman but oh well
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Go for the Gamble
    Much better chance now of getting Ice than of getting him in the future. I missed him once today, but will take another chance before his run ends.
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Go for the Gamble
    I gambled on spidy, lucky enough to get him once from 30k shards but I wanted the dupe so I sold 20 4*, it paid off and that was the happiest I've been in 2 years of playing this game
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    edited July 2017
    Go for the Gamble
    J_Patt wrote: »
    @myPUNCAKE i say you should wait so you don't get disappointed with the results if you don't pull iceman. Atleast in december he'll be in the basic pool and you have saved up crystals to have a better chance at getting him.

But so will another 100 champs of all shapes andsizes, if you've held off being tempted to try for Spidy HC then I can't think of a more proven champ to take a chance on.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's entirely up to you. The numbers suggest you will have a better chance now. I don't know the exact Drop Rates, but the Featured is higher than the chances of rolling a specific Basic months down the road. The simple math is the more they add, the less probability of one out of the number of Champs in the Crystal. Having said that, each Crystal is also random, so you could roll him now, then, or not at all. I'd say go for it, and let go of expectations beforehand.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Go for the Gamble
    CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    Op champ. Very few in the game

He is not OP. He may be better than a lot of champs but he is not OP. Not even close.

That being said OP, if you want him now is the time to try. A ~19% chance to get him as the featured is better than a 1.4% chance (1/72 basic champs by the time Iceman is basic) when he is released as a basic. Math will say this is your best chance.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I saved for the last 2 months and had 3 chances at him.

Powerman
    Cap
    Iceman...thank god I got it on the third one
  • j00mBAj00mBA Posts: 24
    Go for the Gamble
    It will always be a gamble.
    Go for it.
    Hope for best and accept whatever drops.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll go for it as this has the greatest chance there's ever will be for him! Just got to collect a few more shards
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Save for Stark Spidey
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Go for the Gamble
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »
    Should I buy an Iceman Crystal or should I be saving for December/January for the addition of the champs as basics?

I say go for it only if you have a mutant awakening gem. Having coldsnap at beginning of match against evaders is just too good.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Even if he isn't duped he's still good on offense though right? The dupe makes him good for defense
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Go for the Gamble
    Yes, needs duped as defender but great attacker anyway.

And Spidey won't be back until Nov, plenty of time to save after
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    ifmjz80ia8q1.png
    udrtb9sfifd7.png
    My third r4 :) now saveing for spidy
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Nice...you do lol with that cm? Gearing up to give it a go in a month, given I get 2/3 of a cosmic by then
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Go see the reddit posts. Heartbreaking