**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Intel Kingpin boss

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    No issue with him. 5/65 vtd made easy work of him.

Sp2 and counter his sp1 with heavy = massive damage.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    DarthHaas said:

ThaDevil said:

Yeah ridiculous when a lot of us are lucky to have 1 r2 or r3 5* of one of the few champs were allowed to use and hes doing like 20% block damage to 4*s lol

Just think if you beat it though it would be EPIC!

But with that roster maybe start with beginner and work your way up
    Then clearly Epic isn't for you.

I beat it with R2 5* and 5-50 4*. Easiest one yet.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I've just finished epic. 0 units spent, and 0 items spent on the second path.

For those who don't know, he doesn't have sp3 activated, so if you're confident in evading his sp2, there's no need to watch his power meter. Of course baiting the sp1 is the best option, because you can go straight into a heavy after it. I made a silly mistake and launched the heavy after the first hit of his sp1, but still had time to recover and dodge back.

I used a 5/50 venom and spidey classic, had a 4/55 starky, but didn't use him, his heavy doesn't have enough range. They also reduced the health and attack of the other opponents by around half. Doc ock(last fight before boss) only had 30k health while killmonger from week 1 had around 60k health.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Belfigor said:

that is how Kabam get you to spend money.
    1st week very easy
    2nd week very easy
    3rd week ramps it up to hard
    4th week makes sure noone get over 5000 intel unless they spend 50 level 3 team revives.

people seem to think Kabam made mcoc for charity lol
    Kabam is a company that only have one purpose, to make money and nothing else

This is nonsense. The only thing hard about week 3 was a smaller pool of champs to use. The difficulty wasn't any different. Easier boss if anything. Week 4 has a larger group of champs you can use and will be the same as the other 3 weeks in difficulty. Week 4 will cost me zero revives.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Belfigor said:

1st week very easy

Correction: this is how Kabam gets you to spend money. This is how Kabam gets me to spend time thinking about the content.

There seems to be two primary strategies to bring down Kingpin. The first one is to slog it slow and patient. They made Kingpin aggressive so you can bait out special one attacks forever and just slowly whittle him down. A lot of people probably have a ton of Map 5 practice doing this, but even if not Kingpin is not the hardest guy to bait on a normal day: on an aggressive node he's much easier than average. This is the low risk, long duration, slow way to kill him.

The second is to use heavy attacks. Because Kingpin can eat parry stuns, this takes some extra tactics. You can parry him and then wait half a beat (if you count seconds one thousand one, one thousand two, wait until you get to the end of the first "thou"). If he counterattacks back away. If he doesn't, that means he isn't going to nullify the stun and you can heavy him. His super-high health seems counter-balanced against the huge attack bonus you get when using heavies. This is the high risk high reward fast way to kill him.

Aggression + Heavy buff + Health Buff combine to create these two alternate paths to beat him. If you play it safe, he's a huge bag of health and will take a lot longer to defeat than previous bosses. If you play it aggressive and risky, you'll get a damage buff to counter his high health. Pick your poison.
    DNA3000 said:

Belfigor said:

1st week very easy

The second is to use heavy attacks. Because Kingpin can eat parry stuns, this takes some extra tactics. You can parry him and then wait half a beat (if you count seconds one thousand one, one thousand two, wait until you get to the end of the first "thou"). If he counterattacks back away. If he doesn't, that means he isn't going to nullify the stun and you can heavy him. His super-high health seems counter-balanced against the huge attack bonus you get when using heavies. This is the high risk high reward fast way to kill him.

You can also bait his heavy, swipe back and throw a heavy when he starts it. Even though his heavy is unstoppable it still works. Or you can heavy hit him right after he finishes his Sp1 animation.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    IKON said:

Don't pay attention to the health pool, easiest week so far.

For those unaware, you can heavy counter Kingpins sp 1 by dashing all the way to the edge of the screen and holding heavy until he finishes the sp 1.

With the node that increases heavy attacks by 500%, kingpin fell to my 4* venom easily.

Your strategy is sound and works but it is wrong/disingenuous to say that it is the easiest week so far.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Of course, easy depends on someone's experience with him. I'd say it's the one we've had a fair amount of practice with. Same with Ultron. I had a harder time with Sinister because I haven't had that much experience with him.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Belfigor said:

1st week very easy

Correction: this is how Kabam gets you to spend money. This is how Kabam gets me to spend time thinking about the content.

There seems to be two primary strategies to bring down Kingpin. The first one is to slog it slow and patient. They made Kingpin aggressive so you can bait out special one attacks forever and just slowly whittle him down. A lot of people probably have a ton of Map 5 practice doing this, but even if not Kingpin is not the hardest guy to bait on a normal day: on an aggressive node he's much easier than average. This is the low risk, long duration, slow way to kill him.

Aggression + Heavy buff + Health Buff combine to create these two alternate paths to beat him. If you play it safe, he's a huge bag of health and will take a lot longer to defeat than previous bosses. If you play it aggressive and risky, you'll get a damage buff to counter his high health. Pick your poison.
    Well, he’s stun immune in epic so you can’t parry stun him anyway.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Belfigor said:

1st week very easy

That's why i felt epic was easier than master, since KP was stun immune in epic, no need to worry about him shrugging off stuns

IKON said:

For those unaware, you can heavy counter Kingpins sp 1 by dashing all the way to the edge of the screen and holding heavy until he finishes the sp 1.

With the node that increases heavy attacks by 500%, kingpin fell to my 4* venom easily.

Your strategy is sound and works but it is wrong/disingenuous to say that it is the easiest week so far.
    Wrong/disingenuous how? There were no hard fights on the paths. The Boss has a lot of health but is easy to fight and if you can heavy him it's not even a long fight. Any week can be hard if you don't have decent options to use on attack.
  • KamalaWantsToPlayTooKamalaWantsToPlayToo Posts: 112
    edited March 2019
    Belfigor said:

1st week very easy
    2nd week very easy
    3rd week ramps it up to hard
    4th week makes sure noone get over 5000 intel unless they spend 50 level 3 team revives.

people seem to think Kabam made mcoc for charity lol
    Kabam is a company that only have one purpose, to make money and nothing else

Honestly I think they nailed this week. It was hard(er), but I actually enjoyed it.Was a good mix of difficulty and fun.

We’ll see what next week brings. Probably going to be harder, but who knows.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Belfigor said:

Jaded said:

No issue with him. 5/65 vtd made easy work of him.

Sp2 and counter his sp1 with heavy = massive damage.

lol, the majority of player that does epic have 5* r3 not r5 lol
    ppl with 5*r5 can just autoplay and go to the toilet leaving the phone in the kitchen to win by it self lol
    🤷‍♂️ I’m just giving insight that vtd is a god ✌️
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I found master harder than epic. He seemed less apt to bait and definitely less aggressive but I've noticed that in master mode in general lately in eq too
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

Belfigor said:

1st week very easy

Well, he’s stun immune in epic so you can’t parry stun him anyway.
    You do need to intercept him in Epic to make that work ala @LeNoirFaineant. I'm more of a slow and safe person, so I forgot about that.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Can his sp1 be interrupted by a heavy? Say a champ like Venompool?

IKON said:

No
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    You tube is a good tool
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

IKON said:

No
    Yes. I just did it.

lol little ol' me has 4/40 Venom and SG duped, 5* GG, 5* VP at 2/35 and no one else. 3/30 miles for synergies is my 5th spot
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Well let's really break it down then.

Week 1 is an Ultron with arc overload and your champs don't gain power. Requires a few specific champions to get through this fight, and its not easy with them

Week 2 is a sinister with extra regen, special 1 transfers debuffs back (stuck in the mutant class which cause a lot of bleed) and unblockable special 2 by a fairly new counter. Easier then Ultron in my opinion, but AA was a pretty hard counter with neuros. On top of that, theres a sentinel with very few non mutant champs to use against on the way.

Week 3 is a stun immune kingpin, that gives you attack bonus hitting with a heavy. 4* can crit for over 20k dmg. All easy fights on the way to him as well.

Thats my argument for kingpin being the easiest, and i don't think its particularly close.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Well well well I guess kabam should really look at making different levels of
    Content for different levels of players... the hardest content could be labeled EPIC. That way when... oh I give up...
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    DarthHaas said:

Content for different levels of players... the hardest content could be labeled EPIC. That way when... oh I give up...

Lmao really? Again?

😂😂😂😂
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Smash said:

DarthHaas said:

Lmao really? Again?

😂😂😂😂
    Lol can you tell I’m bored!

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    DarthHaas said:

Smash said:

DarthHaas said:

Lmao really? Again?

😂😂😂😂
    Lol can you tell I’m bored!

😂😂😂 me too
    edited March 2019

IKON said:

No
    Yes. I just did it.

lol little ol' me has 4/40 Venom and SG duped, 5* GG, 5* VP at 2/35 and no one else. 3/30 miles for synergies is my 5th spot
    You knocked him down in the middle of his special attack animation? I'm not sure what you did but pretty sure it wasn't that lol