**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Domino’s awakened ability worth a 5* mutant awakening gem?

Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 680 ★★★
Ok, so I recently pulled a 5* Domino and taken her to rank 4. I have mutant awakening gem I can use on her but not sure if her awakened ability is worth it. I don’t have Omega Red or Archangel, but even if I pulled them now they’d be stuck at rank 3 for a pretty long time as don’t have Tier 2 Alpha, and priority is take my 5 star Corvus or Hyperion to rank 5.
I’d probably use Domino as a Defender in AW if that helps answering this. If her awakened ability is useful I’d use the awakening gem. If not happy for it stay on the bench a while.

Is Domino’s awakened ability worth a 5* mutant awakening gem? 51 votes

Yes! Awaken that mutant now!
60% 31 votes
No!!! Her awakened ability is pants! Save it!!!
39% 20 votes

Comments

• Kzz138Kzz138 Posts: 10
    If you will for sure use her on def and think it will serve you/your alliance well then Id say go for it. Just keep in mind that AA and omega red need the awakening more than she does to be useful
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    If you cant take AA or OR up and want to use her on defense then I'd do it. It really helps on defense
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I would personally save the Gem for Omega or AA (even if they won't get above R3 for a while) as their abilities are absolutely crucial.

Domino is still amazing without her sig ability (I have her 6* R2 unduped). She is better awakened if on defense, but I still don't think it's worth it.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Her sig isn't pants, but it's not needed. As someone who is a victim of Prof Hoff's class curse conspiracy theory, I used my 3rd mutant gem on her after taking her to rank 5. Just didn't feel right having another r5 with gold stars... alas poor sparky, one day!

I wouldn't have used my last one on her, since I also still want omega or aa and those need the gem much more.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    I used the free Mutant AG on her that we got for X-Mas but the main reason was because I also R5 her that day and I wouldn't want to R5 an unduped champ for prestige reasons.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Holding gems for a 10/10 option when you're sitting on a 9/10 option makes no sense. Use it.
    IKON said:

Holding gems for a 10/10 option when you're sitting on a 9/10 option makes no sense. Use it.

She is a 9/10 champ without the sig ability and basically remains a 9/10 champ when awakened.

Save the gem for a champ who is 6/10 without it and 10/10 with it (like AA or Omega).
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    It depends how serious your alliance is about war, see your season rewards and evaluate if investing that gem in defence will be worth it. Personally, I would take/keep awakening gem over any of these war rewards
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'm in basically the same position. I have a 5* Domino at R4, I have a mutant awakening gem, I don't have Omega or Angel, and I probably won't be able to R4 another mutant for a long time since my T2A are going into my 6* champ soon.

I keep thinking about using the gem on Domino for AW defense, but then my logical side kicks in after a second. No way am I going to use that gem on her when there are champs like Omega or Archangel that benefit faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than Domino from their signature abilities. Granted my alliance is chill and not in the most competitive war tier, but she still gets me like 3 or 4 kills per war even unawakened.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

She is a 9/10 champ without the sig ability and basically remains a 9/10 champ when awakened.

Save the gem for a champ who is 6/10 without it and 10/10 with it (like AA or Omega).
    Yea, hold the gem for 2 years chasing the champ that never comes. Rank and use items on those that come to you.
    IKON said:

IKON said:

Yea, hold the gem for 2 years chasing the champ that never comes. Rank and use items on those that come to you.
    For the most part I do agree with you, to a point. When it comes to common, day-to-day resources like T1a and T4cc, go ahead and R3 your entire 5* roster. For some that even means taking more champs to R4 (if they are earning a ton of T2a). Those resources come fairly regularly and the benefits of using them have a genuine "right now" value.

Awakening gems are still a fairly limited resource and IMO should be optimized to get the best "bang for the buck". Awakening Domino provides limited benefit. There are a ton of Mutant champs with sig abilities that have more value than Domino's sig. The only "day to day" thing you really gain from awakening Domino is the prestige bump.
    Another thought process that I employ when asking "is worth it", is that if I genuinely don't know then it probably isn't.

If it's a yes, then do it.
    If it's a hard no, then you've moved on.
    If it's a "I'm not sure" then I tend to sit on it for a while which ends up being a no.

I went through the same process on using my Mutant AG on Iceman who I recently ranked up. He's been R4 for a few weeks now and the AG is still in my inventory. It wasn't needed, so I continue holding for something else.