**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about VPN

ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
Does anyone know if I use a VPN, will that potentially get my account banned? Even if I'm using it for non-nefarious usage.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    This has come up before, and from what I’ve heard, it’s absolutely fine. I don’t use one, but people I know do and their accounts are fine
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    As long as it doesn’t effect the game in anyway, you should be perfectly fine
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

This has come up before, and from what I’ve heard, it’s absolutely fine. I don’t use one, but people I know do and their accounts are fine

As long as it doesn’t effect the game in anyway, you should be perfectly fine

My only problem is, I don't know whether this comes under the "Use of Third Party Programs". If any mod could clarify this for me, that'd be amazing.
    It’s definitely not a “third party program” because it doesn’t affect the game, just your internet connection. Use the search feature because it has been answered before somewhere
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I wouldn't do that, would be shocked if it's allowed, because it would eliminate any possibility for Kabam to detect account sharing via drastic login location differences
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

It’s definitely not a “third party program” because it doesn’t affect the game, just your internet connection. Use the search feature because it has been answered before somewhere

I did, but nothing came up immediately, luckily I googled it and found an old post from Miike from last year

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/64946/what-happens-to-us-that-use-a-vpn
    edited April 2019
    If emulators that can't even be rooted are not allowed to prevent cheating, but vpn that allows 3 people to log in on one account and make it look like they logged in from one location is allowed, then I don't know what to say. Kabam management should look for some quality people that actually have a clue

If emulators that can't even be rooted are not allowed to prevent cheating, but vpn that allows 3 people to log in on one account and make it look like they logged in from one location is allowed, then I don't know what to say. Kabam management should look for some quality people that actually have a clue

Just because it’s the same location doesn’t mean they can’t tell three different devices are logged on at the same time...
    edited April 2019
    Why would anyone log in at the same time? Nobody is that dumb. It is allowed for one player to use different devices, and if location of all players who share one account is faked by using one VPN, then there is no other method left for Kabam to detect sharing. So much for fake war on piloting